PDA

View Full Version : Kryptview Firmware Source Code? - Self Modding?

xpl0it3d
23rd January, 2009, 04:29 PM
Hi,

I am wondering if Kryptview release a source code / uncompiled bin etc so that people could edit or mod it themselves?

This would be good for repairing your own bugs, making modifications and changing the look and feel of the OSD.

Anybody got any ideas or suggestions?

If nothing is avalible, who could I ask for it?

bugaloo41
23rd January, 2009, 08:51 PM
The firmware isnt open source so you will not get access to the actual source code mate. I doubt they would release this. You could probably use a hex editor or IDA Pro to alter some elements of the image.

The coder for this box is a 100% top man based in the UK.

C64
23rd January, 2009, 10:06 PM
I'm pretty sure he's not involved with the firmware mate, apart from perhaps giving suggestions.

His work with the EMU's are as always 1st class.

:)

bugaloo41
23rd January, 2009, 11:12 PM
Witchy I will doff my cap to on this one.

I thought it extended beyond the emu but perhaps not.

As an aside your avatars have always intrigued me on DW. Different certainly and freaky definitely. Thought you were going soft a few months back when your avatar changed to something like the teletubbies. You left DW for good?

C64
23rd January, 2009, 11:29 PM
Witchy I will doff my cap to on this one.

I thought it extended beyond the emu but perhaps not.

As an aside your avatars have always intrigued me on DW. Different certainly and freaky definitely. Thought you were going soft a few months back when your avatar changed to something like the teletubbies. You left DW for good?

The Tellytubbies stuff was thanks to naughty Mods :)

Let's not discuss my membership on any other forums, it's kinda disrespectful to Glen and the entire DK team.