PDA

View Full Version : unlocked/unbranded?

scotcruz
6th May, 2012, 11:49 AM
Hi folks,

Has anyone bought a contract from buymobilephones.net? I am looking to get a contract and wondering if the phones are unlocked/unbranded like carphonewarehouse etc?

please advise

super jumbe
6th May, 2012, 12:42 PM
Welcome to dk, enjoy your stay

Try this link:
Mobile phone
iPhone (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f110/)

:ciao:

:hello:

scotcruz
6th May, 2012, 12:56 PM
Welcome to dk, enjoy your stay

Try this link:
Mobile phone
iPhone (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f110/)

:ciao:

:hello:

Y've confused me mate? :confused:

anyhow, thanks for welcoming been here two years but never too short lol..

Can anyone help please so I can go ahead and buy it, I need to get an unlocked one so I could use my work simcard aswell.

cheers

DJSimo
6th May, 2012, 02:15 PM

Can anyone help please so I can go ahead and buy it, I need to get an unlocked one so I could use my work simcard aswell.

cheers

From other reviews on the net, their phones are unlocked apart from Three phones as they come directly via Three, and are locked and branded to Three network.

But all others should be unlocked, also other providers will allow you to use other sim cards apart from theirs while still under contract.

taffydav
6th May, 2012, 03:21 PM

cheerstry this site m8 all there phones are unlocked to take any sim Mobile Phones - Best Mobile Phone Deals on Orange, O2, T-Mobile, 3, Vodafone (http://www.mobiles.co.uk/)

scotcruz
6th May, 2012, 03:29 PM
Taffy, Simo.... cheers guys Ive ordered from BMP.net so will report back once i receive the phone...

Taffy i know mobiles.co.uk are unlocked as they alongwith e2save are CPW sister companies so they use unbranded unlocked phones..

regalspeigel
6th May, 2012, 04:50 PM
just stay away from three

ITS A SCAM !
7th May, 2012, 08:49 AM
just stay away from three

Why ?? You cannot just say that. My HTC phone is on 3 and i find nothing wrong with them.

DJSimo
7th May, 2012, 09:14 AM
Why ?? You cannot just say that. My HTC phone is on 3 and i find nothing wrong with them.

Prob because coverage is not that good in some remote areas, the phones are all locked and branded to three. Need i go on!!!

ITS A SCAM !
7th May, 2012, 11:25 AM
Prob because coverage is not that good in some remote areas, the phones are all locked and branded to three. Need i go on!!!

No mate.. no need to go on. It may be bad for regalspeigel, but it may be good for scotcruz ? It was also the first post by regalspeigel and felt the need to post something...lol BTW, my phone is unlocked.

rayjay
7th May, 2012, 06:53 PM
No mate.. no need to go on. It may be bad for regalspeigel, but it may be good for scotcruz ? It was also the first post by regalspeigel and felt the need to post something...lol BTW, my phone is unlocked.

3 are fine just some people are confused regarding unlocking and de branding them, the hype about 3 is they are 3g and the fastest for web.but in the past people have tried using there 3sim in old 2g phones.

its only the 3mobile iphones that are dear to unlock anything else is bog standard easy as...

Canker_Canison
7th May, 2012, 11:27 PM
As far as I'm aware, if you go to an independent retailer all phones will be SIM free. Even if you you have a 3 contract.

Personally I use Phones 4 U. But any retailer other than the network shops should be using SIM free phones. Not sure about Carphone Whorehouse, I'd never use them... Had to deal with so many problems caused by them while I worked for one of the networks.

scotcruz
11th May, 2012, 09:45 PM
Update
Got my phone.. indeed it is a simfree phone and pure loving it... No branded software and works like a dream.

Thank you everyone for the advice

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk