PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo and Dm500s Problems

Crozzy
7th May, 2012, 04:38 PM
Hey all, been using a DM500s for last year or so with no problems, recently got a VU+ Duo and installed it in living room, and put the DM500s in the bedroom. However when the duo is being used it is causing interference on the 500s in the bedroom, if the duo is switched off then the 500s works fine on every channel. Both boxes have a seperate cable coming off a quad lnb, is there anyway to stop this interference. Even tried hooking up another 500s in living room but thats also causing interference on other box for some reason.

Cheers

andy91
7th May, 2012, 04:41 PM
Hey all, been using a DM500s for last year or so with no problems, recently got a VU+ Duo and installed it in living room, and put the DM500s in the bedroom. However when the duo is being used it is causing interference on the 500s in the bedroom, if the duo is switched off then the 500s works fine on every channel. Both boxes have a seperate cable coming off a quad lnb, is there anyway to stop this interference. Even tried hooking up another 500s in living room but thats also causing interference on other box for some reason.

Cheers

Dont suppose you are sharing the same ip address on both boxes are you?
Fixed dish or motorised?
Andy.

Crozzy
7th May, 2012, 04:45 PM
Just a fixed normal Sky dish, internal ip is different on both boxes, just using DHCP to assign a ip from a fixed range.

Graham

andy91
7th May, 2012, 04:51 PM
Just a fixed normal Sky dish, internal ip is different on both boxes, just using DHCP to assign a ip from a fixed range.

Graham

Are you only getting bad reception on the premium channels or is this happening on the fta channels like BBC.
Could be an ip conflict with other wireless devices in the house if its the premium channels.
I like a static ip and have dhcp switched off.

Andy.

Crozzy
7th May, 2012, 04:57 PM
Seems to be random, premium and FTA channels. Someone suggested it might be to do with voltage the boxs send up and down the cable but got no idea what that meant :)

GAH
7th May, 2012, 08:15 PM
Hi,

Just a thought - how are you viewing the output from both these boxes, by HDMI, Scart or via some sort of RF loopthrough? I know there's no RF putput on a VuDuo, but are you using some sort of RF amp somewhere or are both boxes connected directly and separately to the televisions?

If it's nothing like that I'd suggest your LNB is faulty in some way.

GAH

Crozzy
20th May, 2012, 04:54 PM
Hi,

Just a thought - how are you viewing the output from both these boxes, by HDMI, Scart or via some sort of RF loopthrough? I know there's no RF putput on a VuDuo, but are you using some sort of RF amp somewhere or are both boxes connected directly and separately to the televisions?

If it's nothing like that I'd suggest your LNB is faulty in some way.

GAH

The duo is connected via hdmi to main tv in living room and the 500s is connect via scart to bedroom tv, only link between them would be via the router or via the lnb

IAmATeaf
20th May, 2012, 05:53 PM
What exactly do you mean by interference? Can you give more details?

Crozzy
20th May, 2012, 08:58 PM
The interference seems to be like a bad signal, as if the dish wasnt alligned properly, picture goes blocky and pauses or has lines throught it and some channels just dont work at all but as soon as box in living room is switched off the bedroom box works perfectly on all channels

cactikid
20th May, 2012, 09:01 PM
with the duo i would prefare to use 2 cables or shotgun,i would be inclined to recheck connectors on lnb for water ingress or bad connection with strands.

IAmATeaf
20th May, 2012, 09:27 PM
Is the interference on all channels, so SD and HD, freeview and encrypted?

From what you've said it sounds like there's either a problem with your LNB or your cabling. Have you tried plugging in a second sat feed into the Duo and then say doing a recording whilst watching another channel?

EDIT: Forget about the HD as you have a 500s, does the Duo also get interference?

mdt
20th May, 2012, 09:38 PM
sounds like some type of rf interferance, are you using a cheap scart lead with your dm500 or a quality fully screened one?? you say when you switch the duo off downstairs the signal is fine upstairs.. do you have a quad lnb on your dish on 2 seperate feeds or are you using some form of loop through arrangement? regards mdt