PDA

View Full Version : Adding Rai TP on Digiquest 6770

tubbysat
7th May, 2012, 07:07 PM
I can receive programmes on Hotbird 13 but not Rai.
If I try to add a transponder manually the receiver will only let me set the frequency in MHz.I need 10992 GHz.
I'm using a Digiquest 6670 HD with monoblock LNB and 80cm mesh dish.Quality is 80 and Level is 83.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

mdt
7th May, 2012, 07:36 PM
I can receive programmes on Hotbird 13 but not Rai.
If I try to add a transponder manually the receiver will only let me set the frequency in MHz.I need 10992 GHz.
I'm using a Digiquest 6670 HD with monoblock LNB and 80cm mesh dish.Quality is 80 and Level is 83.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

try a blind scan on vertical to see if it pulls it in,regards mdt

tubbysat
10th May, 2012, 07:06 AM
I've done a blind scan and have and have 10 channels on 10992 V 21876.These are : TNT,AXN Action,Romance,Cartoon,Boomerang,Eurosport Deutsch(German or Dutch audio) and a few more.When I try to edit 21876 to 27500 it says this tp already exists but i can't find it among the scanned channels.

mdt
10th May, 2012, 07:19 AM
I've done a blind scan and have and have 10 channels on 10992 V 21876.These are : TNT,AXN Action,Romance,Cartoon,Boomerang,Eurosport Deutsch(German or Dutch audio) and a few more.When I try to edit 21876 to 27500 it says this tp already exists but i can't find it among the scanned channels.

change your disecq 1.0 settings as your picking up 10.921.h.22000 on astra1@19.2e... usually hotbird@13e is pos-1 and astra@19.2e is pos-2 although on some mono-blocks it in reverse. try it both ways untill you find rai on hotbird. also you only did a txp scan as a blind scan would have got you about 3-400 channels in vertical polarity. regards mdt

tubbysat
10th May, 2012, 07:26 PM
I'm using a monoblock with 2 LNB's that's supposed to allow reception from Astra and Hotbird on the same dish.
Monobloc Astra Hotbird Satellite LNB : Satellite LNBs : Maplin Electronics (http://www.maplin.co.uk/monobloc-astra-hotbird-satellite-lnb-47177)
Facing the dish the left hand LNB is clamped.
The satellite configuration shows
Astra 19.2,1D-23 and 3A-B but not Hotbird,yet when I select Hotbird on the satellite menu a blind scan gets over 2000 channels.

Nutsandbolts
10th May, 2012, 07:54 PM
Hi. Very confusing what you're saying. Your satellite configuration does not show Hotbird yet you tune over 2000 channels from Hotbird. How does that work out.? Also have you found the RAI channels??. Remember when you do a blind scan the receiver wont know the difference between one sateliite and another. It will tune the whole satellite regardless of the name. You may have selected Hotbird but is it Hotbird??. Only way of knowing what satellite you have scanned is by checking the channels. Hope this make sense.
Regards.

mdt
10th May, 2012, 10:24 PM
I'm using a monoblock with 2 LNB's that's supposed to allow reception from Astra and Hotbird on the same dish.
Monobloc Astra Hotbird Satellite LNB : Satellite LNBs : Maplin Electronics (http://www.maplin.co.uk/monobloc-astra-hotbird-satellite-lnb-47177)
Facing the dish the left hand LNB is clamped.
The satellite configuration shows
Astra 19.2,1D-23 and 3A-B but not Hotbird,yet when I select Hotbird on the satellite menu a blind scan gets over 2000 channels.

if your saying that facing the dish the left lnb is clamped then astra1@19.2e is prime focus and hotbird@13e is secondary focus. try setting the dis 1.0 switch to astra1-lnb1 and hotbird-lnb2. i cant believe that a modern HD reciever doesnt have hotbird in the factory loaded sat lists but even so you can either set a blank sat position and make it hotbird/13e/universal-lnb/9.750-10.600 for the los settings and store it or rename a un-used bird and change it to hotbird but make sure all the settings are correct. regards mdt

tubbysat
10th May, 2012, 11:26 PM
Hi. Very confusing what you're saying. Your satellite configuration does not show Hotbird yet you tune over 2000 channels from Hotbird. How does that work out.? Also have you found the RAI channels??. Remember when you do a blind scan the receiver wont know the difference between one sateliite and another. It will tune the whole satellite regardless of the name. You may have selected Hotbird but is it Hotbird??. Only way of knowing what satellite you have scanned is by checking the channels. Hope this make sense.
Regards.

when I use Menu>Auto Installation it shows Astra 19.2,1D 23,3A-B but not Hotbird 13.
When I use Menu>Satellite Installation there is a list of satellites - Astra,Eutel,Hotbird,Eurobird etc.
When I choose Hotbird and do a blind scan I get 2100 channels but not RAI.By checking the channels it seems it is not Hotbird.Like you said,the blind scan has tuned the satellite regardless of name.It seems what I need to do is change my settings/LNB position until Hotbird shows in the Auto Installation.What you said makes sense.Thanks.

tubbysat
10th May, 2012, 11:38 PM
if your saying that facing the dish the left lnb is clamped then astra1@19.2e is prime focus and hotbird@13e is secondary focus. try setting the dis 1.0 switch to astra1-lnb1 and hotbird-lnb2. i cant believe that a modern HD reciever doesnt have hotbird in the factory loaded sat lists but even so you can either set a blank sat position and make it hotbird/13e/universal-lnb/9.750-10.600 for the los settings and store it or rename a un-used bird and change it to hotbird but make sure all the settings are correct. regards mdt

That's right,Astra is primary and Hotbird secondary.
In the DiSEqC 1.2 I've set Astra as 1/2 and Hotbird as 2/2.Is that what you mean?
Hotbird is in the satellite list but doesn't show up when I do the auto install,just Astra.So it looks like I'm not receiving it.
I'll try using a blank satellite position and see if that works.

Nutsandbolts
11th May, 2012, 12:48 AM
Hi. Surely Hotbird comes first at 13 east and Astra second at 19 east. Have you tried Hotbird as 1-2 and Astra as 2-2. Another thing to remember is that Hotbird is slightly higher than Astra and wondering whether your dish needs slight adjustment. Did you ever get Hotbird before putting the monoblock?? Regards.

tubbysat
11th May, 2012, 01:28 AM
Hi. Surely Hotbird comes first at 13 east and Astra second at 19 east. Have you tried Hotbird as 1-2 and Astra as 2-2. Another thing to remember is that Hotbird is slightly higher than Astra and wondering whether your dish needs slight adjustment. Did you ever get Hotbird before putting the monoblock?? Regards.

Hi,I've been doing some research and it seems I need to clamp the Hotbird LNB and move the dish to make Hotbird the primary focus.And then make adjustments to get the Astra signal.
Previously I just had Astra19.2 with a monoblock(20ish years old) and analogue receiver.When the analogue signal was switched off I updated my system(new receiver and LNB) and decided to get Hotbird as well while I was doing it.I use the system mainly for cycling on Eurosport(free to air) which I can get.Only thing is that there isn't the English audio on it now.

mdt
11th May, 2012, 07:10 AM
Hi,I've been doing some research and it seems I need to clamp the Hotbird LNB and move the dish to make Hotbird the primary focus.And then make adjustments to get the Astra signal.
Previously I just had Astra19.2 with a monoblock(20ish years old) and analogue receiver.When the analogue signal was switched off I updated my system(new receiver and LNB) and decided to get Hotbird as well while I was doing it.I use the system mainly for cycling on Eurosport(free to air) which I can get.Only thing is that there isn't the English audio on it now.

although id always recommend the hotbird satellite be set at prime focus it will work with the astra satellite at prime focus and the hotbird at secondary focus if set up correctly but seeing as your going to get up the ladder and ajust everything then set it as we,ve said and all should be well but take your time and check all the transponders on both sats to make sure your dish is optimally aligned and also check the skew/focal pos of the lnb in the bracket also, regards mdt

Nutsandbolts
11th May, 2012, 08:04 AM
Hi. If you want Eurosport in english it is available on 19 east as part of the Canaal Digitaal package. Frequency is 12343 Horizontal s/r 27500 but you will need a patched receiver for the keys. The keys dont last long usually a few days and then you have to wait a day for the new keys. Take care.

tubbysat
11th May, 2012, 06:34 PM
although id always recommend the hotbird satellite be set at prime focus it will work with the astra satellite at prime focus and the hotbird at secondary focus if set up correctly but seeing as your going to get up the ladder and ajust everything then set it as we,ve said and all should be well but take your time and check all the transponders on both sats to make sure your dish is optimally aligned and also check the skew/focal pos of the lnb in the bracket also, regards mdt

Fortunately I don't have to go up a ladder.I can connect the dish to receiver and tv in the bedroom and adjust the dish through the bedroom window and see when I get a signal/picture that way.I'll have a go next week and see how it goes.