PDA

View Full Version : 4.8e

jon48
7th May, 2012, 07:15 PM
hello all i cant seem to tune 4,8e inwhen i send my dish to 4,8 e it scans an alternative sat and does not tune the correct tps in ive had this sat before but recently ive lost it any ideas on this 1 plz......:goodpost:

ramjet
7th May, 2012, 07:29 PM
are you using usals or diseqc ?

does 0.8w and 7e work ok ?

jon48
7th May, 2012, 07:33 PM
ive tried both m8 usals and diseqs also 0.8w and 7e works ok

ramjet
7th May, 2012, 07:38 PM
ive tried both m8 usals and diseqs also 0.8w and 7e works ok

if we assume for the moment that your dish hasnt moved due to the recent bad weather , then if you have your correct usals entered ( 2.1w , 53.5n ) then it should find and scan 4.8e no problem

if using diseqc v1.2 then you will have to move the motor left and right when on 4.8e on an active transponder until you get a 4.8 ft channel and then save it to the motor memory

a good transponder to try is 12073H 27500 as you will get RU MUSIC fta on that one, as well as the BUSINESS CHANNEL too. both are extremely strong signals so you should get a lock ok

working fine here and I am not too far from you, so definitely a problem at your end

obviously if the dish has moved then adjusting the installation is the only way to fix it

usals should find it no problem however, if its all set correctly and you use the details I gave you for manchester

I would also check 4 west , 5 west , 30 west and 42 east as well , to check the arc is ok

mdt
7th May, 2012, 07:41 PM
try driving your motor to zero and then add your lat/long then re-boot, sounds like the motor/stb has forgot were 4.8e is. are you sure your using a active txp when trying to find 4.8e using diseqc 1.2? use 12.111.h.27500 or 11.766.h.27500 as these are on the european beam and strong in the uk. regards mdt

jon48
7th May, 2012, 07:47 PM
active txp, transponder do u mean m8 ive read on the technomate section as other people were having the same prob as me the channels was not opening only a handful was opening ..

jon48
7th May, 2012, 07:52 PM
hi mdt u say try driving ur motor to 0 i can only drive it east and west on my settings ?

ramjet
7th May, 2012, 08:05 PM
active txp, transponder do u mean m8 ive read on the technomate section as other people were having the same prob as me the channels was not opening only a handful was opening ..

at the moment , what is opening is irrelevant as you are claiming in post 1 that you get the wrong satellite on 4.8e

drive the motor to 4.8e and scan and get the transponders mentioned, I listed one transponder with 2 free to air channels on it

you can worry about scrambled channels when you finally get locked on , for now they are irrelevant until you actually find that bird !

zero on your motor is almost 4 west amos

Nutsandbolts
7th May, 2012, 11:07 PM
Hi. Why not try the following:
1) Send dish to 7 east - as you said you are getting this sat ok.
2) Go into your motor menu and select 1.2.
3) Select sat at 4.8 east in 1.2 menu. Put on an active TP ie 11766 H s/r 27500 as mentioned above.
4) Using remote move dish a couple of clicks to the right ie going west.
5) If after two or three clicks going west you dont get a signal on the TP then your dish/motor may be out of alignment.
6) If you get a signal then save the position. Exit out of motor menu and do a manual or blind scan to see how many channels you get.
Regards.

digicon
8th May, 2012, 01:12 AM
If this is the Jon i am thinking of did you get your flaky motor changed by that rogue installer LOL

Nutsandbolts
8th May, 2012, 09:17 AM
Hi. If he has a flaky motor that would explain a lot of things!!!
I dont understand how he gets 7east and 1 west and not 4.8 east which is between the other two. Regards.

mdt
8th May, 2012, 06:14 PM
hi mdt u say try driving ur motor to 0 i can only drive it east and west on my settings ?

if you go in the motor setting menu,s there should be a "go-to-zero" setting which sets your motor back to zero on the scale... in theory then by telling the reciever your lat/long the stb should know how far to move the motor east or west to get whichever sat you ask it to, regards mdt

jon48
8th May, 2012, 08:48 PM
ive got the signal back now guys i set it to 0 on the motor and scanned the sirius 4.8 e and it came back thanks to all who helped jon......:manuscarf: