PDA

View Full Version : Cummins M11- No Start

mathura
7th May, 2012, 07:57 PM
The truck drove into the shop with the driver complaining of engine missing and not pulling properly.
The next day I tried starting the engine to see whats the probelm but truck failed to start
Hooked insite and there were no active codes, engine runs with starting fluid.

Checked unswitched power and ignition power, checked harness to injectors, checked engine position sensor and wires- everything ok
tested the ecm on another truck and it is working fine
Checked fuel pressure while cranking 20psi, when running on starting fluid 120psi.

Need some help here friends

Thanks

jctech
8th May, 2012, 05:21 PM
The truck drove into the shop with the driver complaining of engine missing and not pulling properly.
The next day I tried starting the engine to see whats the probelm but truck failed to start
Hooked insite and there were no active codes, engine runs with starting fluid.

Checked unswitched power and ignition power, checked harness to injectors, checked engine position sensor and wires- everything ok
tested the ecm on another truck and it is working fine
Checked fuel pressure while cranking 20psi, when running on starting fluid 120psi.

Need some help here friends

Thanks

Cranking fuel pressure is too low, minimum is 25 PSI, it should reach 25 PSI within 3 seconds of stating to crank. Pressure should rise rapidly to 150 when engine fires.
make sure there is no restriction between pump and tank.

dimitar22
8th May, 2012, 06:10 PM
I had this kind of problem it was problem with fuel lines from tank to engine replaced fuel lines problem solved in my case.

mathura
8th May, 2012, 10:24 PM
Well I have made some progress today, found that the No 2 injector spring was broken and seals on the injector damaged
I plan to replace all injector seals and change broken spring and test engine.

mathura
14th May, 2012, 07:32 PM
I have finally solved the probelm, 3 injectors were bad, replaced the injectors and seals and everything is fine

Thanks friends for your contribution