PDA

View Full Version : Need an advice car hit the bike?

super jumbe
7th May, 2012, 09:21 PM
Look at the photo provided first.

My friend was driving on a side street when approaching the give way before the main road a cyclist ran from left footpath into the street and that caused an accident.

This cyclist did not stop to see if the car was coming from his right side you can see from the picture were the white line starts from the footpath up to the impact just 2 yards from give way.

Cyclist handle damaged the car bonnet but no damage to the person or the cycle, my friend asked the cyclist if he was alright and he insisted he was fine.

Motorist was there for about 15 minutes and also wanted to call the police but this other man with specs told him if there was no injuries the police are not going to come, so he thought this is it that?s the end.

One week now he got a letter from his insurance company that the cyclist has claim the accident injury claim.

He has also got a phone call from the local police they want to interview about the incident.

Could some one advice what he should have done at the seen of the accident when no injuries so damage to both parties accrued.

Appreciate your advice on this mate.

Legal cyclist laws
Cycling on footways (a path at the side of a carriageway) is prohibited by Section 72 of the Highway Act 1835, amended by Section 85(1) of the Local Government Act 1888.

This is punishable by a fixed penalty notice of ?30 under Section 51 and Schedule 3 of the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988.

Shady
7th May, 2012, 09:28 PM
he could blame it on all that spunk covering the road

happy_highlander
7th May, 2012, 09:36 PM
Even if he wasn't coming off the pavement the cyclist was on the wrong ~~~~in side of the road at the point of impact. Tell him to ~~~~ off there shouldn't be claims court in the land that will say it's not his own fault. Cyclists must ride on the left same as all other road users in the Uk.

daithi
7th May, 2012, 09:38 PM
my computer shit or am i missin pics?
whats this about

maca
Who's your mate ?? stevie wonder ??

GastonJ
Get the cyclists details and sue his home insurers.

andy91
7th May, 2012, 09:39 PM
They like their stone cladding round there lol

Knowing our laws he will get sent down.

Andy,

Shady
7th May, 2012, 09:40 PM
my computer shit or am i missin pics?
whats this about

no just you fud..
pic in the pdf attachment

Shady
7th May, 2012, 09:40 PM
and sj, u might want to do a better job of covering up 'parker street' lol

cactikid
7th May, 2012, 09:49 PM
i would say cyclist is in the wrong and in the sh1te for riding on pavement,even a pedestrian is supposed to use the green cross code.

super jumbe
7th May, 2012, 09:52 PM
How did you read that shady, ~~~~ me you must have a software to reveal the background words, daithi can not even open the pdf??.

Shady
7th May, 2012, 09:53 PM
How did you read that shady, .

because you're shit at colouring in

Meat-Head
7th May, 2012, 09:53 PM
and sj, u might want to do a better job of covering up 'parker street' lol

How far is that from B&Q?

Well, i ride my cycle on footpaths, because sometimes it's safer than the roads, with you crasy car drivers.

Sticky thing is, your mate, should have started a new thread and reported to the fuzz an accident. (then get done for wasting police time).

I would be inclinded to do this to your insurancse company (his)

1) Write a letter, with his full username, and car details address etc etc

THEN, print two copies.

Send one - recorded to insurancse company saying
"bastard said he was a leecher, but still able to leech"

Then send to himself a regestard copy of the same letter to himself

BUT NEVER NEVER NEVER open it.

Then if push comes to shove, you pin a judge up the wall, show him or her the SEALED envlope, with the date on it, and say, look *****, this is my 'proof' i posted this letter and xxxx date

super jumbe
7th May, 2012, 10:09 PM
I am not really going to reveal the real street name but good try?..

My friend told me that the time it takes to see the bike come out of the drivers left side and stopping the car is spilt seconds and the cyclist life was saved because the car was already coming to a stand still approaching the give way otherwise he would have been dead.

Even if he would have called the police they never come only if some 1 is really injured and if you have to use the emergency number.

maca
7th May, 2012, 10:10 PM
Was the car stolen ??

super jumbe
7th May, 2012, 10:23 PM
That?s a very good question maca58 why I never thought about that.

Come to think about it would be classified as hit and run???

Liteace
7th May, 2012, 11:02 PM
I am not really going to reveal the real street name but good try?..

You sure thats not Parker street in Rishton, junction with Hermitage street

:dong:

super jumbe
7th May, 2012, 11:13 PM
Who cares if it happened in Russia, if I can not read it I dare to guess?

Howe does he get the cyclist address if he wanted to sue him?

Liteace
7th May, 2012, 11:20 PM
Wait on that corner at the same time and follow him home

Meat-Head
7th May, 2012, 11:22 PM
You sure thats not Parker street in Rishton, junction with Hermitage street

:dong:

i did try to upload the image into google images, but it failed this time.

Say, SJ did you say STOP sign - therefore - your freind was STOPPED/STOPPING anyway, Mr Cyclist!

billy2
7th May, 2012, 11:23 PM
would he not just go get a solicitor and counter clam his insurance company,????

Johnner
7th May, 2012, 11:29 PM
SJ,

I think you and your mates should give up on the idea of cars completely.Between flying trolleys and flying cyclists,it's all gonna end up in tears.

Make like Meatious,and get on yer bikes !!

If yer mate is getting sued,the complainants details will be available to his legal team.

Shady is actually very talented at colouring.I've seen the cards !

super jumbe
7th May, 2012, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by billy2
would he not just go get a solicitor and counter clam his insurance company,????

I didn?t no bikes have insurance do they?????????

:ciao:

:hello:

Meat-Head
7th May, 2012, 11:36 PM
I didn?t no bikes have insurance do they?????????

:ciao:

:hello:

NOPE, but if you have his name and address, you can claim off his house insurancse - if insured.

pubilic liablility

billy2
7th May, 2012, 11:42 PM
NOPE, but if you have his name and address, you can claim off his house insurancse - if insured.

pubilic liablility

yep

and would a a solicitor not get it from the police

Liteace
7th May, 2012, 11:45 PM
To late, look he's done it again and someone else got the ~~~~~er

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll151/nokevin/junction.png

aleister crowley
7th May, 2012, 11:58 PM
Hate cyclists.

Every ~~~~in one of them should be allocated points same as Death Race 2000.
And those ~~~~in scooters that sound like over revved hair dryers when they're doing 20mph.

I make it a point in life to get that close to them that they wobble. cu*ts!

super jumbe
8th May, 2012, 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by Meat-Head

pubilic liablility

Just found out cyclist was a 14years old boy, house insurance is out of question?.

:sheep: :sheep: :sheep:

nara
8th May, 2012, 07:50 AM
How far is that from B&Q?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Meat-Head
8th May, 2012, 02:14 PM
Hate cyclists.

Every ~~~~in one of them should be allocated points same as Death Race 2000.

SUSSPOSE, YOU WAS THE TW@AT THAT THE OTHER WEEK, DECIDED TO HANG A LEFT WITHOUT USING TRAFFICATORS, IN A BIG 7.5 TON LORRY?

I LOOKED TWICE, NO TRAFFICATORS, MUST HAVE BEEN INCHES FROM THE TWA@T TAKING ME OFF-LINE.

Just found out cyclist was a 14years old boy, house insurance is out of question?.

Use the search botton, 'cicil damages' court judgement, ?25 you go to the courthouse, and the bloke with a wig issuses a order or something, as he is under the age, bill his responsable parents.

at least you have some details.

jordigirl
8th May, 2012, 02:23 PM
get your insurance company to counter claim ,they will contact
the company that his parents have used to get dosh outta ya,
tell them you was compo for damage to ya car and subsequently whiplash that came on after the crash

nara
8th May, 2012, 02:38 PM
get your insurance company to counter claim ,they will contact
the company that his parents have used to get dosh outta ya,
tell them you was compo for damage to ya car and subsequently whiplash that came on after the crash

It wasn't jumbe. It was his "friend".

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ce/Wink.JPG/220px-Wink.JPG

lagerland
8th May, 2012, 04:23 PM
Have you noticed what a good samaritan SJ is allways helping out his mates ......................

Or do you think its a case of one of mates has got a problem scenarios..............

super jumbe
8th May, 2012, 05:46 PM
Just got the phone call from friend of mine and he told me he had a call from his Insurance company.

They told him although there was no injuries there is a law you have to ring the police if the victim was under the age of 15years or over the age of 65years.

I will google on that 1, I wonder any 1 new about that???????

mark8393
8th May, 2012, 06:09 PM
Have you noticed what a good samaritan SJ is allways helping out his mates ......................

Or do you think its a case of one of mates has got a problem scenarios..............

Think he living in mr man land with all the goings on, mr bump, mr clumsy etc

Meat-Head
8th May, 2012, 06:21 PM
subsequently whiplash that came on

Didn't know you was into whiplash as well as shop lifting.

They told him although there was no injuries there is a law you have to ring the police if the victim was under the age of 15years or over the age of 65years.

Whoa hang on, who is the victim?

The teenage dirtbag on the bike, or your friend?

So the teenage dirt bag -

Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag - YouTube

Needs to show a little respect

Wheatus Little Respect - YouTube

OFF TOPIC:-

Say Shady mate, notice how SJ keeps putting sheep on his posts.

Perhaps, you should do another 'anything goes room' thread - with no option for no.

Grizz - if your listening, can you make a new smilty - B&Q colors, but D K
insted of 'B & Q' - then send it to admin to make a new smiley up with

thanks

Meat

jordigirl
9th May, 2012, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=nara;1550821]It wasn't jumbe. It was his "friend".

then his friend can do what a said :p

and as for meaty, am not into whiplashing or shoplifting :p

jordigirl
9th May, 2012, 12:49 PM
]It wasn't jumbe. It was his "friend".

then his friend can do what a said :p

and as for meaty, am not into whiplashing or shoplifting :p

Magser
9th May, 2012, 06:35 PM
While reading about said accident,it appears to me that the issue is a cyclist being injured in an incident between a car and a cyclist irrespective of who is right or wrong,and why the police were not called when there was contact is a major oversight,while maybe the police will overlook some aspects for our own safety when incidents like this happen call the services Ambulance and Police as they will conduct an on the spot investigation that in all probability clear the motorist of 90 percent of the blame,the odd thing I find is how an injured cyclist could have time to note the insurance and other identification number could it have been a setup anyway I hope it works alright for you regards,McG

Grizz
10th May, 2012, 12:22 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/201088-grizz/albums/pic/5843-dkbq.jpg

Meat-Head
10th May, 2012, 01:53 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/201088-grizz/albums/pic/5843-dkbq.jpg

Wicked - now can you make it smiley size the dk bit - ask admin for a new smily

super jumbe
10th May, 2012, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Magser
While reading about said accident,it appears to me that the issue is a cyclist being injured in an incident between a car and a cyclist irrespective of who is right or wrong,and why the police were not called when there was contact is a major oversight,while maybe the police will overlook some aspects for our own safety when incidents like this happen call the services Ambulance and Police as they will conduct an on the spot investigation that in all probability clear the motorist of 90 percent of the blame,the odd thing I find is how an injured cyclist could have time to note the insurance and other identification number could it have been a setup anyway I hope it works alright for you regards,McG

:sheep: :sheep:

You should read para #1 before getting into the dispute.

Cyclist handle damaged the car bonnet but no damage to the person or the cycle, my friend asked the cyclist if he was alright and he insisted he was fine.

Motorist was there for about 15 minutes and also wanted to call the police but this other man with specs told him if there was no injuries the police are not going to come, so he thought this is it that?s the end.

One week now he got a letter from his insurance company that the cyclist has claim the accident injury claim.

I have had experience when you call the law the first thing they will ask you has any 1 been injured and if you say no they tell to ~~~~ off and if you lied and if police did had to come and no 1 is injured they have the power to book you for wasting police time.

:goodpost:

maca
10th May, 2012, 08:32 PM
TBH its boring the ~~~~ out of me now....

Meat-Head
3rd January, 2014, 07:41 PM
TBH its boring the **** out of me now....

Yeah is it now?

BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

.: JaCkPoT :.
4th January, 2014, 01:21 PM
what happened or is the insuance thing still going through lol

super jumbe
4th January, 2014, 06:52 PM
what happened or is the insuance thing still going through lol

Any person with a good road user knowledge should now by now you can not ride a bike on footpath it can cause fatal injuries to people life and then make a claim is not acceptable.

I was covered by legal bla bla bla, I told them to take me to court because I will dispute it was the cyclist who run on top my bonnet he came from nowhere if I had hit him he would have been lying halfway on the oncoming road, they decided to drop the case which was not winnable.

Kalipo
4th January, 2014, 08:30 PM
Dear original poster of the thread, please could you confirm if the damage to the vehicle was paid for by the newbie member or did it come out of your VIP member funds??

I know a guy who knows a guy who's not a member who wants to become a member but is scared he will have to pay for B&Q shopping trolleys and Bikes so wont join!

super jumbe
4th January, 2014, 09:37 PM
Dear original poster of the thread, please could you confirm if the damage to the vehicle was paid for by the newbie member or did it come out of your VIP member funds??

I know a guy who knows a guy who's not a member who wants to become a member but is scared he will have to pay for B&Q shopping trolleys and Bikes so wont join!

Good question, he can join any time as long as he will able to help donation and support few ???? for running this advance dk and roast chicken on BBQ and invite jumbe for meal who cares.

gc1966
5th January, 2014, 10:05 AM
oh,what a tangled web we weave

Meat-Head
16th February, 2015, 12:37 AM
BUMP.

ON TOPIC:-

The other day was riding bicycle home along a cycle/peasant foot path, 343,000,000 million square miles in the world this pair of duffers hogging the lot, eaiser to do an enemien, drop a gear, go round the outside, just level with the old farts arm, she now decides to hog this piece of land and hits my handlebars, shouts OUCH, so just cranked up the power, doing what michal Jackson would do and just boot.

sound advice from oasis, "don't look back in anger". Stopped them seeing my avatair then.

Hope this helps orginal question.

M T Glass
22nd February, 2015, 04:22 PM
'Footpath Hog'

Meat-Head
22nd February, 2015, 08:55 PM
Not heard nothing, no tweets, texts, emails, smoke signals, fax or telex.

So good serves them right

Johnner
22nd February, 2015, 08:59 PM
BUMP.

ON TOPIC:-

The other day was riding bicycle home along a cycle/peasant foot path, 343,000,000 million square miles in the world this pair of duffers hogging the lot, eaiser to do an enemien, drop a gear, go round the outside, just level with the old farts arm, she now decides to hog this piece of land and hits my handlebars, shouts OUCH, so just cranked up the power, doing what michal Jackson would do and just boot.

sound advice from oasis, "don't look back in anger". Stopped them seeing my avatair then.

Hope this helps orginal question.

:roflmao: Gimp and his brother Elp saw you coming up the road !!!!

Meat-Head
22nd February, 2015, 09:07 PM
:roflmao: Gimp and his brother Elp saw you coming up the road !!!!

Jok says duff sisters. Myra hindley and him

Johnner
22nd February, 2015, 09:09 PM
lol Elp's new name------------Ian

alessioblaupunkt
22nd February, 2015, 09:46 PM
The other day got the brain darkened by shmoke in da room cause of (like shtove fault)
Took the car out of the garage to do 33.3km and get 2 new gasket for le shtove,
done 100 meters with daddys' car, comes to a stop with crossing,
road in complete shadow and a white guy with black coat in a speedy bicycle crossing the road.

Please do not wear black garment because there's no way to see you in low ambient light
condition.

He noticed nothing strange but if I was only 1 meter beyond he could now be part of the road.

Maybe someone that day add 1 second delay in my life TO SAVE HIS LIFE.

This is the only GOOD REASON to stay ONE STEP BEYOND:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkOOCx8tT08
:)

Johnner
22nd February, 2015, 09:51 PM
The other day got the brain darkened by shmoke in da room cause of (like shtove fault)
Took the car out of the garage to do 33.3km and get 2 new gasket for le shtove,
done 100 meters with daddys' car, comes to a stop with crossing,
road in complete shadow and a white guy with black coat in a speedy bicycle crossing the road.

Please do not wear black garment because there's no way to see you in low ambient light
condition.

He noticed nothing strange but if I was only 1 meter beyond he could now be part of the road.

Maybe someone that day add 1 second delay in my life TO SAVE HIS LIFE.

This is the only GOOD REASON to stay ONE STEP BEYOND:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkOOCx8tT08
:)

ffs,:roflmao: Meatypunk'd..........

Meat-Head
22nd February, 2015, 10:23 PM
DK VIP members are entitled to ride bike with dark clothes. Also entitled to pull out in front of a LARGE lorry on roundabouts, that's a GREAT advantage of it, used it several times.

Johnner
22nd February, 2015, 10:27 PM
DK VIP members are entitled to ride bike with dark clothes. Also entitled to pull out in front of a LARGE lorry on roundabouts, that's a GREAT advantage of it, used it several times.

That's okay on a normal day,but what happens if the truck is going too fast round a roundabout,and a large wood pellet shtove comes off it ???

Yer up shit shtreet then :eek:

alessioblaupunkt
22nd February, 2015, 10:41 PM
In a full sunny shiny shiny day, road with nu asphalt and very dry, in a new
road that conduct to autobahn I found...a truck with his lorry out of the roundabout
inclined on the right side (LH road)

Hey trucker, try to take the roundabout at half the speed you were trying, you silly.

trucker salary $
cost of truck $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
cost of truck + lorry $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ x 1 Giga
---
Shtove is prone to rust so you'll carry it in a full enclosed cabinet such as a Volkswagen T2/T3 bus.
If you are going to carry the shtove like the silly trucker that carry mine in a open truck, well pray it'll not start raining.

Meat-Head
22nd February, 2015, 11:05 PM
That's okay on a normal day,but what happens if the truck is going too fast round a roundabout,and a large wood pellet shtove comes off it ???

Yer up shit shtreet then :eek:

Not sure on that one, but there is NOTHING, in the rules that help with this:-

whilst approaching a mini roundabout, all is well, you approach from a parking lot on the left. You look right and see a large lorry, you should wait, but its Monday, look left to see a car approaching said roundabout, should wait, hang a left, contiunue onto roundabout, lorry fast approaching from behind, car over the line.

You start to do what beautiful south do, "carry on reguardless" when

*SNAP* your bicycle crank shears, leaving you in the same position as lutrica McNeal - STRANDED - in middle of roundabout.

If your cycle is electric assist, select 'auto' ASAP and hope motor can get you out the way before the car or the lorry you cut up get you.

this is what I thought in less than a split second

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z33tH-JdPDg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wJVpihgwE18

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcTmpvDO0I

Johnner
22nd February, 2015, 11:10 PM
Not sure on that one, but there is NOTHING, in the rules that help with this:-

whilst approaching a mini roundabout, all is well, you approach from a parking lot on the left. You look right and see a large lorry, you should wait, but its Monday, look left to see a car approaching said roundabout, should wait, hang a left, contiunue onto roundabout, lorry fast approaching from behind, car over the line.

You start to do what beautiful south do, "carry on reguardless" when

*SNAP* your bicycle crank shears, leaving you in the same position as lutrica McNeal - STRANDED - in middle of roundabout.

If your cycle is electric assist, select 'auto' ASAP and hope motor can get you out the way before the car or the lorry you cut up get you.

this is what I thought in less than a split second

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z33tH-JdPDg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wJVpihgwE18

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcTmpvDO0I

:roflmao: I give up.......

Meat-Head
22nd February, 2015, 11:12 PM
:roflmao: I give up.......

WASNT FUNNY AT THE TIME, Chinese piece of junk

Johnner
22nd February, 2015, 11:13 PM
WASNT FUNNY AT THE TIME, Chinese piece of junk

The Shtove ??

Meat-Head
22nd February, 2015, 11:16 PM
The Shtove ??

Shitting Chinese crankshaft that sheared like a carrot.

the stove is/was 1700 miles away in Italy

Johnner
22nd February, 2015, 11:18 PM
Shitting Chinese crankshaft that sheared like a carrot.

the stove is/was 1700 miles away in Italy

Never said where it was !!!

Meat-Head
22nd February, 2015, 11:37 PM
cost of truck + lorry $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ x 1 Giga

ht://xxx. jiggaboojones. Com???????????

alessioblaupunkt
24th February, 2015, 12:26 AM
I hate mini roundabout. There is no space to stop the vehicle in case one don't respect rule.
In October 2013 an old ugly woman with a Subaru Forester (the f*cking SUV not the old one)
crashed into my father's car because she didn't stop. Crash speed was 20+30 km/h.
Her insurance paid to me a ridiculous amount of money.
I fixed the car except the paint to the bumper, painted by pro.
New Hella glass headlight + cheap bumper (OEM bumper cost 10x cheap bumper) +
bumper grill + cheap indicator light + cheap front reflector.
ffs next time in case of doubt I'll stop to prevent these damage even if I was 100% following
the rules.
---
Nothing to do with http mess. 1 Giga is 2^12.
So multiply the truck price per 2^12 and you got the price of a nu truck + lorry. :)

Johnner
24th February, 2015, 12:31 AM
Hi hate mini roundabout. There is no space to stop the vehicle in case one don't respect rule.
In October 2013 an old ugly woman with a Subaru Forester (the f*cking SUV not the old one)
crashed into my father's car because she didn't stop. Crash speed was 20+30 km/h.
Her insurance paid to me a ridiculous amount of money.
I fixed the car except the paint to the bumper, painted by pro.
New Hella glass headlight + cheap bumper (OEM bumper cost 10x cheap bumper) +
bumper grill + cheap indicator light + cheap front reflector.
ffs next time in case of doubt I'll stop to prevent these damage even if I was 100% following
the rules.
---
Nothing to do with http mess. 1 Giga is 2^12.
So multiply the truck price per 2^12 and you got the price of a nu truck + lorry. :)

:roflmao: ffs,did you manage to save the bobblehead Tracy from the dash ?

alessioblaupunkt
24th February, 2015, 11:17 PM
No. I want to save the car cause there are no more MK3 Golf.
If it was for me there would be only MK2/3 and T2/T3 on the streets of the world.

The Forester is a useless vehicle ? la mode. Heavy and you can carry only people. Useless.
If you want to carry people get a MK2/3. If you want to carry sHtove ask your friend to share his T2/T3.
Then fill the gas tank before return the bus to your friend. :)

Meat-Head
24th February, 2015, 11:58 PM
OFF TOPIC:-

Hrrrm MK II Gulf, one of the BEST German cars ever made, lower dash just drops, great big grummits in bulkhead, great car.

MK II Astra best ever vauxhall ever made