PDA

View Full Version : Sky news missing

clem58
8th May, 2012, 03:13 AM
I have spent the evening trying to pick up SKY NEWS . I've gone through the list on the transponder, though I'm picking up all the scrambled SKY channels , i can't pick up sky news.I have a freesat hdr . I need sky news in order to keep up to date with the bullshitters and head bins of this world. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR REPLIES:help:

Nutsandbolts
8th May, 2012, 09:13 AM
Hi. Silly question but have you tried to re-tune your box to see if it picks it up. I get my Sky News from satellite at 1 west. Regards..

clem58
8th May, 2012, 12:48 PM
Hi. Silly question but have you tried to re-tune your box to see if it picks it up. I get my Sky News from satellite at 1 west. Regards..

I'll get back to you later, i gonna format it never had this trouble b4. post later see what happens.

mdt
8th May, 2012, 06:43 PM
I'll get back to you later, i gonna format it never had this trouble b4. post later see what happens.

sky news isnt part of the freesat line up(murdoch spitting his dummy out i guess) but you should be able to get it on the non-freesat channel mode on your stb, regards mdt

clem58
9th May, 2012, 09:38 PM
sky news isnt part of the freesat line up(murdoch spitting his dummy out i guess) but you should be able to get it on the non-freesat channel mode on your stb, regards mdt

I know freesat doesn't have sky news as part of its package, but if i go through the list in the transponder i get it, but the price i pay is having channels all over the place. Only this time i ain't pickin it up. Nothin i can do about it for now as the box in the living room waiting for virgin to go off.

Nutsandbolts
9th May, 2012, 10:02 PM
Hi. Another silly question but if you are interested in news surely you can watch BBC WORLD NEWS, CNN, EURONEWS etc. In my opinion Sky News is the same as the others ie they give you the same rubbish every 5 minutes or so. Take care.

clem58
10th May, 2012, 01:27 AM
Hi. Another silly question but if you are interested in news surely you can watch BBC WORLD NEWS, CNN, EURONEWS etc. In my opinion Sky News is the same as the others ie they give you the same rubbish every 5 minutes or so. Take care.

If you followed the conflicts that have sadly been taking place across the world lately, sky news is far and away the best media program available. The murdochs and all that is going on , sky news has not held back when it comes to dishing the dirt on them. And if i ever sensed that it was creeping towards the likes of fox i would disown it. Because i'm with virgin i don't have the red button i don't get the chance to follow a subject to the end. Sky news covers the topic thru to the end. Others might think differently ,me, i love sky news. When there's nothin interesting to watch its always in the back ground.

Nutsandbolts
10th May, 2012, 09:27 AM
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I must admit i am a bit confused as to what your problem is. You started off by saying SKY NEWS is missing when in fact its not missing at all. It appears you have an issue with Virgin who do not provide you with what you want. I think your problem is either your equipment may need changing to get the red button or get Virgin to sort it out. Also i just realised that you can get SKY NEWS free of charge on the Freesat satellite at 28 east. I believe that this is the satellite where your Freeview/Virgin channels are transmitted from. Take care.

mdt
10th May, 2012, 06:17 PM
I know freesat doesn't have sky news as part of its package, but if i go through the list in the transponder i get it, but the price i pay is having channels all over the place. Only this time i ain't pickin it up. Nothin i can do about it for now as the box in the living room waiting for virgin to go off.

if your not picking it up then it may be a slight alignment issue,settings in the menu,s, interference or lnb/cable. are you getting other channels in the high band on h/v?? regards mdt

clem58
10th May, 2012, 09:40 PM
Got it back, there was somethin i forgot to do, THINK lol. up until the end of the mth we will have virgin 3 yrs or more. Never been able to to access channels via red button, Even the iplayers arse up after midnight. Sorry may have confused the issue, we have virgin at the mo, but we also have a sat dish. I believe in hedging my bets ( very loyal type lol) Sky news isn't a part of free sat line up but the free sat box can be tweaked. But when ever i disconnect the box goes to default. But it seems i had reset it so often i'd for got what i was doin ( if that makes sense. Its also so sad that itv1hd isn't available in the green isle so therefore i have to install the england postcode. Sorry if i confused the issue, now go away i watchin the news .lol

Nutsandbolts
11th May, 2012, 12:51 AM
Well done Clem. Long live SKY NEWS. Take care.