PDA

View Full Version : new Advice for a new beginner.

shere
7th May, 2008, 09:37 PM
Hy Everyone,

I have just bought a D500-S, I currently have a SKY dish outside and only interested in receiving UK channels for now. I have downloaded the Nabilostat image and will use DREAMUP to flash this to the box.

Has this image got the cams and emu's installed? if not then where can I obtain these files and how complicated are they to install.

I will also be connecting my D500-s to the Internet via LAN Cable. I have looked at the tutorial on how to configure the DREAMBOX and will be able to do this.

How will I go about obtaining the file for CS? and how do I install them? hos stable is this to view all channels?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

thommo
7th May, 2008, 09:42 PM
cams/emus are easy to come by, the cs thing is more tricky and something you,ll have to find yourself as it isnt touted about anywhere.

once you find one they usually tell you how to configure it.

Curious123
7th May, 2008, 11:03 PM
On the Nabilosat image you can download the cam directly from their server. If you intsall the CCcam 2.0.8 than you should be able decode most of the channels with the latest dreambox keys and softcam.As Tommo says the CS is not as simple as it looks and you cannot always get the channels you want unless you are prepared to pay some for the previlige.

shere
8th May, 2008, 09:14 AM
Cool, I will give the image a go and then connect the dream to the my router so that I can connect to ' outside world '.

Is there a menu within the image that I can download the Cam from?

Curious123
9th May, 2008, 10:29 PM
Most of the images use the Blue button for downloading the cams.

metall1
10th May, 2008, 08:02 PM
Hy Everyone,

I have just bought a D500-S, I currently have a SKY dish outside and only interested in receiving UK channels for now. I have downloaded the Nabilostat image and will use DREAMUP to flash this to the box.

Has this image got the cams and emu's installed? if not then where can I obtain these files and how complicated are they to install.

I will also be connecting my D500-s to the Internet via LAN Cable. I have looked at the tutorial on how to configure the DREAMBOX and will be able to do this.

How will I go about obtaining the file for CS? and how do I install them? hos stable is this to view all channels?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

First of all decide what cs sw or combination of cs sw you want to use, i would recommend you use CCcam, it will read your nds card locally without any configuring, you'll only need to configure CCcam when you start to cs.

There are several cs forums out there, just do a search on google, some of them have "free sections" for people with no local card.
For access to the decent servers you'll need a local card, it's normally a two way process :), no point being connected to a server that freezes every 2 minutes or has nothing worth watching, but these will do while your learning the ropes.

Most images allow you to download through the main menu or in the case of enigma by pressing the blue button then the red button from the all-in-one menu. Or you can install it manually by ftp'ing the files accross to your receiver.

As for configuring CCcam, I suggest you download the CCcam archive (from the web somewhere) and read the info inside, and when you've finished, read it again. It does seem a bit confusing at first but it does contain everything that you need to get it running properly.

shere
11th May, 2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks, this does seem a bit daunting but I know I have a lot of reading to do. I have the Nabilo Image working.

What Trasnponder/ Sky do I use for the Uk Satelite for BKSYB?

metall1
11th May, 2008, 11:28 PM
Thanks, this does seem a bit daunting but I know I have a lot of reading to do. I have the Nabilo Image working.

What Trasnponder/ Sky do I use for the Uk Satelite for BKSYB?

Never used Nabilo image, but you can do an "Automatic Transponder Scan" from the setup menu, which is normally:
>Menu
>Setup
>Automatic Transponder Scan (or similar)
>Select Astra 28.2East, then hit ok and wait until the scan finishes.

shere
14th May, 2008, 09:50 PM
Hi, I have downloaded the Gemini Image 4.31, this flashed through fine.

I could not find the transponder Astra 28.2 East. The closes I could find is Astra 19.2 E. This found some of the channels but not all of them. Will I have to manually configure this? if so how?

Also, all I have to do now is to connect to my lan, and then download the latest cams. How do I complete this process?

Please help me.

Thanks.:banghead:

Curious123
14th May, 2008, 10:51 PM
You need to set up your Dm500S so that it can talk to the internet. Once it is connected to the internet you can download the cams and addons from the Gemini server via the Blue button. You also need to download the Captains settings to your box so that you have a full channel list for satellite.

metall1
14th May, 2008, 10:52 PM
Hi, I have downloaded the Gemini Image 4.31, this flashed through fine.

I could not find the transponder Astra 28.2 East. The closes I could find is Astra 19.2 E. This found some of the channels but not all of them. Will I have to manually configure this? if so how?

Also, all I have to do now is to connect to my lan, and then download the latest cams. How do I complete this process?

Please help me.

Thanks.:banghead:

I'm running the abcom image but i'll try to help you as best as possible, the settings will be very similar as its enigma based. Try the following:

>Goto setup.
>Service searching.
>Satellite configuration.
>From the dropdown menu select (one single satellite) this is all you need as your system is just a sky dish and not a motorised setup.
>From the Sat/Position dropdown menu select Astra 28.2East.
>Save settings, exit out and enter Automatic transponder scan, select Astra 28.2East, press ok and wait for scan to finish.

If astra 28.2East is not available under the Sat/Position dropdown menu you might have to update your Settings file with either the Likra or VHannibal settings or just download the Satellites.xml file all of which is available from the allinone menu but for this you'll need to set your lan connection up, or you can ftp the file accross to your reciever.

krazylegz
15th May, 2008, 08:39 AM
28.2e is available in the scan section of nabilosat as its one of my favourite images.

your brave putting gemeni on.....and wan to hope your box isn't a clone as 4.31 will kill m8

shere
15th May, 2008, 08:57 AM
what is the preferred image on the D500S?
I downloaded the Nabilosat from here but could find the blue menu to download the latest cams. Is there something I missed?

Thanks for your response, in regards to the satelite config and WAN setup. This is my next stage.

krazylegz
15th May, 2008, 09:55 AM
i personally prefer nabilosat but have edg nemesis 4.0 at the minute which is also a very good image.

to download the cams on nabilosat think it's yellow then yellow again off the top of my head...or green then yellow something along them lines m8.

pistolero
3rd June, 2008, 07:14 AM
you need a Dream up software . . . .

try the new pli helinite image

g33za
9th June, 2008, 08:42 PM
i'm pretty much at the same stage, dm500s and a sly dish, got nabilosat on the box and downloaded the ccam and captains settings.. all seems to be working good on 28.2E.

Before I start researching cs, is there any other sats I can scan with my static dish? and more over any channels I can open up or do I really need a motorised dish for that?

Curious123
10th June, 2008, 11:16 AM
You could try moving your dish 19E to see if you get any signal because if you do than you could tune in Premier.

g33za
10th June, 2008, 06:56 PM
You could try moving your dish 19E to see if you get any signal because if you do than you could tune in Premier.

Thats sounds very interesting, i'm assuming there is a sure fire way to ensure i get it lined up? any specific channel? Will it just be an adjustment in one direction on the dish?

Curious123
10th June, 2008, 07:06 PM
You could get yourself a cheap sat signal meter from B&Q or Maplins but TBH the meter never worked for me. It was easier to get the wife to stand by the telly and shout if there was picture. If you are getting a signal on S*y than try moving the dish very very slow towards your right 10 degrees and see what happens. With a S*y dish it is probably a hit and miss but if you want to try than try twiddling around 28.2E, 19.0E and 13E.

g33za
10th June, 2008, 08:25 PM
You could get yourself a cheap sat signal meter from B&Q or Maplins but TBH the meter never worked for me. It was easier to get the wife to stand by the telly and shout if there was picture. If you are getting a signal on S*y than try moving the dish very very slow towards your right 10 degrees and see what happens. With a S*y dish it is probably a hit and miss but if you want to try than try twiddling around 28.2E, 19.0E and 13E.

I'll try the wife meter for now, shame i cant return it if it don't work! Sorry newb question now, when you say move to the right, is this me standing on a ladder in front and looking at the dish right?

Curious123
10th June, 2008, 09:38 PM
If you had a motor than the dish follow an arc across sky. So you have to stand behind the dish and move it to your right. Wifeometer couldn't do without mine when it comes to adjusting my dish. lol