PDA

View Full Version : Current Mercedes-Benz trucks and dddl

S-GERAT
9th May, 2012, 12:17 PM
Hi guys

Somebody tell me some of the current Mercedes-Benz trucks mount Detroit Diesel engines and probably I can use the Detroit Diesel software for diagnose the engines of these trucks. Well, I tried to connect with one of these trucks with the nexiq usb link and the dddl software, but the ecm don't be recognized by the software and I was unable to connect.

I think probably the engine is the same, but not the ecm software and that's why the Detroit Diesel software can't recognize the ecm.

Someone knows if it's possible to connect to a Mercedes benz engine with the Detroit Diesel software ?

Thanks in advance and regards!!

S-GERAT
14th May, 2012, 10:55 AM
Nobody have info about this topic ? Is mandatory the use of the original MB interface to connect to these vehicles ?

Regards

jctech
16th May, 2012, 12:17 AM
MBE 900 and 4000 series engines in Freightliner and Sterling trucks use DDEC controls
The same engine in a Mecredes truck - dont know

S-GERAT
19th May, 2012, 08:15 AM
MBE 900 and 4000 series engines in Freightliner and Sterling trucks use DDEC controls
The same engine in a Mecredes truck - dont know

Thanks for reply friend,

I don't know exactly what engine mount these Mercedes.. but surely have an own ecm programming because I can't find any info about DDEC and the Mercedes trucks..

I experience the same on some Iveco trucks, mount a Cummins engine ( or at least a copy of it ) but can't connect with Insite, the European brands always are trying to restrict the access,allowing it only for their own services.

Regards