PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect delayed.

Raven
7th May, 2008, 11:02 PM
This might be a day or two too late, but Mass Effect for the PC was supposed to be out around about today, but it's been delayed for release until the end of the month. Developers say the extra time will be spent ironing out extra bugs and further polishing the game. They also say that the extra time in the studio will be tellable upon release - only for those who played the pre release version of course.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?forum=125&topic=625304

PS

Just a heads up if you don't know, it looks as though this game is going the same route as Bioshock did with the online activation checks, this particular game will do it constantly apparently so if you purchase the game and you don't renew you're legit key you cannot play the game you paid good money for. Bullshit EA. I have a funny feeling that this will have the opposite effect than what was intended for EA and it serves them right for trying to exploit their own customers.

Crackers will just release it with the checks bypassed so it's not even an issue ever like they did with Bioshock, within days of release.

UPDATE

Apparently the online checks have been rescinded due to public outcry.

randomuser83
11th July, 2008, 07:41 PM
Its a good game but I would say rent it dont buy it. The game is fun but theres not much replay value.

DrKahn
27th July, 2008, 06:00 PM
Its a great game, definitly work buying, though the game only allows 3 installations :(

Raven
8th August, 2008, 12:42 AM
Already played it the PC version, I really want to buy it for myself though because it is a great game i like it alot. The main reason I haven't bought it for myself is because as good as this game is it's equally buggy, like players getting caught in a permanent hang in elevators sometimes and other game breaking stuff like that. However it's next to impossible to figure out what is a genuine bug or some kind of security measure without buying the real thing. And I'm not spending 30 quid on a game that I cannot take back if them game breaking bugs are present in the retail version....although hypothetically if that situation was the case I'd kick off at the store if they refused a refund cos I'd be saying it's a faulty game end of story.

It's a big shame because the game itself is very good, I make it probably one of the very first Xbox360 games I get when I get another 360 eventually. But I think I will stay well away from the PC version.