PDA

View Full Version : freeview change

roofer 247
9th May, 2012, 07:12 PM
sorry but did not no were to put this thread.Just got home and found freeview have moved muxes again 3rd time since switch over.I have rescanned and itv 3 and 5*,5 usa are back.but the problem is the signal strength down to 53%,were as before 75%.I am using 2 high gain aerials,one to living room,one to kitchen.i live in northants and aerials pointing to sandy heath bedford.when will they ever get this sorted or do they no what there doing.now i might have to go and buy two in line aerial amps at my own exspence and it looks like i am not the only one effected.so much for freeview tv.

eileen
9th May, 2012, 07:17 PM
sorry but did not no were to put this thread.Just got home and found freeview have moved muxes again 3rd time since switch over.I have rescanned and itv 3 and 5*,5 usa are back.but the problem is the signal strength down to 53%,were as before 75%.I am using 2 high gain aerials,one to living room,one to kitchen.i live in northants and aerials pointing to sandy heath bedford.when will they ever get this sorted or do they no what there doing.now i might have to go and buy two in line aerial amps at my own exspence and it looks like i am not the only one effected.so much for freeview tv.

the bbc are trying to fit in 24 streams for the olympics hence all the channel moves

roofer 247
10th May, 2012, 04:59 PM
so that means signal strength down and that ive got to watch it on 2 tvs worth over a grand and the picture breaking up all the time.A big thank you to the bcc for that,no thought of whats happening on the fringer edges.

frankharrison
10th May, 2012, 05:58 PM
Try adding an indoor amplifier. It may work but I agree why should you.
Another thing to check. Do you use the ready made connection leads from ariel sockets at the wall? If you do try changing them by making some out of satellite ariel cable. It's double screened.