PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ duo images, skins, channel lists

mrblue
9th May, 2012, 10:49 PM
Just picked up a vu duo today. Great box and bh image is good but is there any better images out there. Just curious as to what the best image, skins, channel lists will be and any good addons you guys recommend.

Early night tonight but hope to get a good fiddle with it tomorrow after work...

delboy13
9th May, 2012, 11:24 PM
i use vix image with sgt flip flops bouquets. you might also want to look at dreamboxuk image it has a channel updater plugin on it

mdt
9th May, 2012, 11:56 PM
i cant see past blackhole on my duo although ive installed vix on a vu+solo and i have to say up to now its been flawless, regards mdt

mrblue
10th May, 2012, 06:21 PM
Cheers guys, will try a few now.....

digicon
10th May, 2012, 09:11 PM
Cheers guys, will try a few now.....

Always make a backup of your original image, then at least if you dont like the new image you can flash your backup straight away if needed.

potrobber
10th May, 2012, 09:27 PM
well blue

you got this running yet ?

dont know why you want to change good bh image

mrblue
11th May, 2012, 05:46 AM
Yeah, up and running. Working well, just wanted to try out few different images. Have settled on black hole 1.7.4 with eclipsehd skin.

Everything ok, im just looking for a good set of bouquets, someone recomended cateyes but cannot find em

mrblue
11th May, 2012, 06:00 AM
Im actually after these bouquets but will they work on bh 1.7.4

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f190/vix-team-enigma-2-hd-settings-28-2e-uk-dtt-silverfox0786-203941/

gramps
11th May, 2012, 09:04 AM
you can either look for the search at the top of the page and search for catseyes... or install tspanel and get them from there.....look and ye shall find

yes they will work on BH 1.7.4

mrblue
11th May, 2012, 05:14 PM
Got them, box is going well now. Only thing is, its not perfect. I always liked the sly boxes as you could move between channels in the info bar without the channel changing.

Horizontal arrows for moving between channels and the verticals arrows on the remote for moving up and down epg. All without the channel changing...

Is there any way to replicate that on the vu+ duo.

Have got the catseye bouquets installed, I read somewhere that I can merge silverfox list so that when I press 401 sky sports will come on. How exactly is this done...?

digicon
11th May, 2012, 05:59 PM
No box on the market available today can replicate the Sky box and most of its functions such as the one you asked, maybe one day but if thats something you need then you would be better going back to the Sky box.

mrblue
11th May, 2012, 06:48 PM
Not looking to replicate the sky box. Vu+ duo box is pretty good, its just that function that I would like back.

Even if I could move between the channels without it changing would be cool.

Whats the best epg for the duo and how much space do I need, I have not ordered a hard drive as of yet for the box so will use a flash drive in the meantime. Will that work ok.....

chrismarworth
11th May, 2012, 08:22 PM
The EPG on the VIX image is excellent and seven days. On my setup I have 9 channel listings showing in rows, covering about a two and a half hour span. As you go to each listing a synopsis appears at the top of the page. If the programme is actually being broadcast on one click it shows the content in a box next to the synopsis , two clicks it comes out of the EPG into the programme.

mrblue
11th May, 2012, 09:00 PM
Whats the epg called, can it be installed on bh 1.7.4

Trying to get bouquets onto dm800hd, using tspanel 4.5, cannot update any further, will not work with the black hole image on the box from what Ive read. Ive tried installing catseye and sgt bouquets, both times I get control file not found.

Should I maybe try dreamboxedit 4.3.3

Also can that epg be installed on the dm800hd, and what type of storage space does it require for 7 days....

wezlyons
13th May, 2012, 08:13 PM
Got them, box is going well now. Only thing is, its not perfect. I always liked the sly boxes as you could move between channels in the info bar without the channel changing.

Horizontal arrows for moving between channels and the verticals arrows on the remote for moving up and down epg. All without the channel changing...

Is there any way to replicate that on the vu+ duo.

Have got the catseye bouquets installed, I read somewhere that I can merge silverfox list so that when I press 401 sky sports will come on. How exactly is this done...?
Pressing right or left on the middle circle lets you cycle through the channels without changing channel.

That's on Vix, not sure about Blackhole.

digicon
13th May, 2012, 09:49 PM
Whats the epg called, can it be installed on bh 1.7.4

Trying to get bouquets onto dm800hd, using tspanel 4.5, cannot update any further, will not work with the black hole image on the box from what Ive read. Ive tried installing catseye and sgt bouquets, both times I get control file not found.

Should I maybe try dreamboxedit 4.3.3

Also can that epg be installed on the dm800hd, and what type of storage space does it require for 7 days....

Crossepg is already installed as a plugin on BH 1.7.4 all you need to do is set it up to download the 7 day EPG

Use Dreamboxedit latest is 5.0.3 i believe or dreamset to get bouquets onto your DM800

If your current image on the DM800 does not have Crossepg plugin installed as standard it can be downloaded via your image feeds or via TSpanel.

digicon
13th May, 2012, 09:51 PM
Pressing right or left on the middle circle lets you cycle through the channels without changing channel.

That's on Vix, not sure about Blackhole.

Pressing left or right arrow key while viewing TV on the BH image will just change channels if that is what you mean, if your in the favourites list with the mini screen in the top right corner then pressing left or right will let you scroll through the channels.

wezlyons
14th May, 2012, 06:57 AM
Pressing left or right arrow key while viewing TV on the BH image will just change channels if that is what you mean, if your in the favourites list with the mini screen in the top right corner then pressing left or right will let you scroll through the channels.
On Vix pressing left or right will bring up the mini epg at the bottom allowing you to scroll through the channels to see what's on without changing the channel you are viewing, pretty much exactly the same as on a Sky box.