PDA

View Full Version : Diseqc Motor and Vu Duo?

GAH
10th May, 2012, 03:14 PM
Hi Guys,

I currently use a Manhattan receiver to move my old 1m dish with polar mount. However, the Manhattan has packed in, so now is the time to upgrade. My idea is a new 1m (or possibly 1.1m) dish with an Inverto Black Ultra Twin LNB, and possibly a Technomate TM-2600 DiSeqc Motor connected to my Vu Duo running the latest Vix. Anyone using a similar setup, or can anyone say why I should or shouldn't use the TM-2600 with my Vu Duo?

GAH

meggiedude
10th May, 2012, 07:31 PM
Hi Guys,

I currently use a Manhattan receiver to move my old 1m dish with polar mount. However, the Manhattan has packed in, so now is the time to upgrade. My idea is a new 1m (or possibly 1.1m) dish with an Inverto Black Ultra Twin LNB, and possibly a Technomate TM-2600 DiSeqc Motor connected to my Vu Duo running the latest Vix. Anyone using a similar setup, or can anyone say why I should or shouldn't use the TM-2600 with my Vu Duo?

GAH

I may be able to tell you next week mate. I have a Vu+ Duo clone arriving in a couple of days and already have a TM-2600 attached to my dish. Icecrypt quad LNB arrived today.

Can't see you will have an issue, as the Vu+ Duo will support all DiSEqC options including USALS.

If not, then I am well and truly b*gg*red, as thats the setup I want too
:ciao:

GAH
10th May, 2012, 07:56 PM
Hi Meggiedude,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think I should have an issue with the TM-2600 (as you say the Vu Duo supports all DiSeqC options) but I just thought I'd ask! Would definitely be interested to know how you get on!

Out of curiosity, anyone using a DarkMotor with their Vu Duo?

GAH

digicon
10th May, 2012, 09:09 PM
Nothing wrong with the TM2600 its metal geared just the same as the Dark Motor, The only reason i prefer the Dark Motor is its a lot quieter and also reaches that little bit further east and west compared to the TM2600,

No too sure on the figures and this is a complete guess but i think the TM2600 goes 70? each way while the Dark Motor goes 80? each way, Probably due to it having no adjustable limits its all automatic.

meggiedude
10th May, 2012, 09:23 PM
This is where I got mine from :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Technomate-TM-2600-Super

Metal geared TM-2600 for the same price(ish) as a plastic geared TM-2300
:cool:

GAH
10th May, 2012, 09:29 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

Think it's a straight choice between the Tm-2600 and the DarkMotor. Not that bothered about the extra reach with the DarkMotor as buildings in my line of sight mean I can only really see satellites from around 30E to 30W.

GAH

alec
11th May, 2012, 06:39 PM
Hi Guys,

GAH

One of my system, genuine Duo, using a 2600 with a 80cm mesh, no problems.
I would be concern if it was connected to a solid 1 m dish or larger, because of the wind in my area.

GAH
12th May, 2012, 09:21 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all you info.

I have now ordered a new 1m dish, an Intelligent DarkMotor and an Inverto Black Ultra Twin LNB.

GAH

psul
2nd June, 2012, 03:13 PM
Hi GAH,

read about your issues on the vix forum.
Some of them not dissimilar to my own.
I also have the same motor and same brand of lnb (single though).
I'm assuming your box is original though? Mines a clone so cant post over there about it.