PDA

View Full Version : TheBox and EPG

phil23
24th January, 2009, 04:00 PM
Hi,

I have a TheBox at the moment with 4.57e firmware but have found that the EPG data hardly updates. Is there a easy fix for this ? Should I look at changing to a different sort of receiver, or perhaps just upgrade to the latest StarView.

Any advice greatfully accepted.

satsmo
24th January, 2009, 04:55 PM
Never great on an SV2. Have you got your time settings correct? If so turn it off from the back switch and then back on and see if it improves after a few minutes.

buzzbomb
24th January, 2009, 05:23 PM
Phil. When all the boxes went down in November / December the first fix for SV2 (the Box) was a modified version of the SV3 software. (8.02E). This was subsequently replaced with the traditional SV2 software 4.57 etc. Do not know anything about the standard 4.57 software as the 8.02e on my box is much much better for EPG than the 4.52 software I had loaded before the fix and by the sounds of it the 4.57 software u have loaded now. Not sure why they changed back to the standard software but all I can say is that I've had no problems since loading it.

Unfortunately I would appear to have deleted it from my PC so cannot offer to send u a copy but perhaps if u do a search of the forum for it or maybe someone else will have a copy.

phil23
24th January, 2009, 05:24 PM
Yup, time is set correctly. Have switched off, left a minute, and then back on. It does eventually update but would a newer box be better ? Would be nice to get a HD one ;) Eurovox ?

satsmo
24th January, 2009, 05:36 PM
The Eurovox HD EX7000 isnt a bad box but as said many times there is only one HD channel on cable ATM. Yes some more are promised but I never take VM's timescales to be a promise when they say "soon".

Just had a look at the EX7000 and TBH the SD channels look exactly the same as all the other Eurovox models. BBCHD looks better alright but I wont be pushing people into buying one.

Hollo
1st February, 2009, 10:24 PM
As buzzbomb says, I'm using the 8.02e software and the epg is much better, although not perfect, than before the last major down.