PDA

View Full Version : no freesat channals, all german?

hypnotit
13th May, 2012, 05:00 PM
i finally managed to get the satalite working. in the settings it's set to Astra 28.2 E with around 90% signal. But all the channals that work are foriegn, sounds like german.

there is none of the standard freesat channels such as bbc, itv C4 or 5.

i am a complete newbie, don't have any prior experience with satalites, have i missed something?

lincsat
13th May, 2012, 05:11 PM
Yes, you are pointing at the wrong satellite. The German channels are at the Astra 1 location at 19e. You need to point the dish further East and very slightly lower.

hypnotit
13th May, 2012, 05:20 PM
Yes, you are pointing at the wrong satellite. The German channels are at the Astra 1 location at 19e. You need to point the dish further East and very slightly lower.
Okay, i will try moving the satalite again.

thank you :goodpost:

hypnotit
13th May, 2012, 08:09 PM
I cant seem to be able to find another satellite, In the settings it defiantly does say 28.2E, still foriegn channels, french & german

andy91
13th May, 2012, 08:11 PM
I cant seem to be able to find another satellite, In the settings it defiantly does say 28.2E, still foriegn channels, french & german

If its pointing at 19.2 you will only get German channels no matter if the box is on 28.2.
Dish needs moving.

Andy.

hypnotit
13th May, 2012, 09:32 PM
ok i've been searching for this other satellite but can only find the one showing foreign channels. I tried everything and thought it might have been a misconfiguration on the software so did a factory reset to see if that'd help. I've given up now and booked for a professional to come round tomorrow to do it for me. As i did a factory reset would i have to flash and install ccam again?

orientville
14th May, 2012, 04:03 AM
Yes you will have to install ur cccam again,move ur dish slightly to the left and down a little check ur signal strength and rescan