PDA

View Full Version : VU Solo clone

setfiretorain
14th May, 2012, 03:29 PM
I just purchased a VU solo clone from nextbay, It all come and is all okay as far as the eye can see.

I have tried to load in Vix 2.3 via USB when booting and nothing happens, At the moment I have manually Intalled CCcam from a Tar file and Scanned in, Its currently on blackhole 1.6 ( Or something like that )

I've tried to update with RJ cable and my PC has no connection to do so, I tried to update the Kernal then update to Vix 2.3 but no joy there either as it just booted straight up with no update etc.

I would basicly like it with Vix OR Even what its on at the moment, I just need to get the simple Sgt Flip Flop installed and I'm laughing.

Any help appericiated.

Regards

setfiretorain
14th May, 2012, 04:14 PM
All Done!!

Regards

RuberDuck
14th May, 2012, 05:03 PM
so what was up with it ?.

setfiretorain
14th May, 2012, 07:18 PM
I still can't update, I just running on blackhole 1.6 ( or something like that ) - With CCcam 1.2.3 and Sgt Flip Flops.

Regards

RuberDuck
14th May, 2012, 10:51 PM
Its very likely then that you have a V1 clone which needs to be patched to take kernel 3.1.1 images.

potrobber
14th May, 2012, 11:14 PM
setfire m8

can i ask what color the controller is with your box and does it have the vu+ at bottom of controller

also at the rear of your box or underneath see if there is a small v2 sticker if not its version 1 box

to do the update you need a com port on the computer to do it

no usb to com connector will work on these just com to com port

the last solo,s i got had bh1.72 on them and v2 sticker underneath with black controllers same as duo with vu+ at bottom but have read some getting them with white controllers or controllers with no vu+ on them

setfiretorain
14th May, 2012, 11:39 PM
It has VU+ On the bottom of the controller, the controller is black and it also has a V2.0 sticker underneath.

Regards

RuberDuck
15th May, 2012, 06:11 PM
Then it is a V2 clone and as such should already have been patched with the IC security update to accept Linux 3.1.1 kernel based images. I would personally flash the newest bootloader to the box as it cant hurt matters plus it only takes a few seconds, also try a different USB stick as they are known to be a bit temperamental with sticks they will accept for flashing images.

cactikid
15th May, 2012, 07:44 PM
i had the same problem with my original solo and i got the usb with the duo and it did not work on the solo lol,tried 3 and 1 worked.

mdt
15th May, 2012, 08:00 PM
It has VU+ On the bottom of the controller, the controller is black and it also has a V2.0 sticker underneath.

Regards

did you try a different usb stick like i suggested in my pm?? regards mdt

setfiretorain
21st May, 2012, 09:10 PM
Its all running perfect at the moment guys, On the OLD BH image, However will deffo be trying new stuff next week.

Regards