PDA

View Full Version : Idle speed raise within a map??

grimmer
14th May, 2012, 06:53 PM
hello, on my own car BMW 320d 2001 dde3, i have a vibration at idle, ive had new DMF and clutch, i think its the crankshaft pulley vibrating (TVD)

But if i raise revs to 1k the car is smooth!!

is it possible to raise the idle from a map change??,

i have the gear to read map etc

spawns3
15th May, 2012, 01:19 PM
Hi mate , the last 320d i see with vibration on pulley , is not pulley problem , but crankshaft broken in two but the car works . come from spain to Portugal with the crankshaft broken .

grimmer
15th May, 2012, 09:08 PM
Hi mate , the last 320d i see with vibration on pulley , is not pulley problem , but crankshaft broken in two but the car works . come from spain to Portugal with the crankshaft broken .

crankshaft broke in two?, surely the car would fail.

its been like it for around 15k miles!!

spawns3
15th May, 2012, 09:50 PM
crankshaft broke in two?, surely the car would fail.

its been like it for around 15k miles!!

Yes mate, I also thought it was the pulley problem.Put a new and stayed the same.
So I opened the crankcase and saw that the crankshaft was broken in two,The car work because the crankshaft even broke did not separate and could run at the same time. But make that vibration . And the owner tell he drive the car more than 1000km with that noise . And he say that make the trip to portugal an average speed above 150kph.

grimmer
16th May, 2012, 06:38 PM
Yes mate, I also thought it was the pulley problem.Put a new and stayed the same.
So I opened the crankcase and saw that the crankshaft was broken in two,The car work because the crankshaft even broke did not separate and could run at the same time. But make that vibration . And the owner tell he drive the car more than 1000km with that noise . And he say that make the trip to portugal an average speed above 150kph.

ill try a pulley just incase as work in a motorfactors anyway so will be cheap,ill find away of keeping idle at 1k and forget about it if not!

bobolin4o
16th May, 2012, 06:53 PM
I think you can raise the idle with DIS, or with other suitable software.

monitel_service
16th May, 2012, 07:11 PM
what's to raise the idle speed if you have mechanical failure

tirlibibi
16th May, 2012, 08:56 PM
I got a Mini Cooper S from 2002, INPA can raise the idle, so i thinkit is possible too on BMW!

grimmer
16th May, 2012, 09:19 PM
what's to raise the idle speed if you have mechanical failure

Because raising idle up 200rpms from standard, the vibration is just about gone completely!!

the car isnt worth a new engine or repair old engine.

leandroks
17th May, 2012, 12:53 AM
Hi m8 just have a look in the air intake hoses, u ve got an extra air intake, there is a mechanic valve like a plastic egr.
it is a diaphragm wich allow the engine gases being recirculated. have a look there i am pretty sure u r going to find the problem there, just replace it for a new one or seal it..

grimmer
17th May, 2012, 06:00 PM
Hi m8 just have a look in the air intake hoses, u ve got an extra air intake, there is a mechanic valve like a plastic egr.
it is a diaphragm wich allow the engine gases being recirculated. have a look there i am pretty sure u r going to find the problem there, just replace it for a new one or seal it..

a problem, that causes vibration??

leandroks
17th May, 2012, 07:56 PM
yes a rough idle speed causes vibration for sure, just have a look i am sure u ll find the cause... cheers