PDA

View Full Version : Golf

skegsagypsy
16th May, 2012, 07:34 PM
I'm beginning to hate this game, couldn't chip a ball for weeks but my drive and irons were spot on, worked on the chipping, now my ~~~~in drive has gone awol and my iron play is all over the shop, but the chippings spot on grrrrrrrrrrrrr played a stroke play tournament today and was out of it after the first ~~~~in hole, think I'll go back to the snooker at least no ~~~~er gets hurt !

End of rant

amen

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

andy91
16th May, 2012, 07:37 PM
I'm beginning to hate this game, couldn't chip a ball for weeks but my drive and irons were spot on, worked on the chipping, now my ~~~~in drive has gone awol and my iron play is all over the shop, but the chippings spot on grrrrrrrrrrrrr played a stroke play tournament today and was out of it after the first ~~~~in hole, think I'll go back to the snooker at least no ~~~~er gets hurt !

End of rant

amen

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Know how you feel mate,i play off 15 a few weeks ago was only my driving letting me down.
Had one round with 12 pars and 3 over on the back 9 but now ive started to shank again had 6 shanks on the front in Satudays medal and shot 96!
Game really bites you on the ass when you think you have cracked it.

Andy.

skegsagypsy
16th May, 2012, 07:40 PM
I play off 16, and had 91 today in the May medal, ~~~~in nine at the first par 4, game over was all over the place, its a ball buster lol

johnboy1974
16th May, 2012, 07:42 PM
Skegs ive been playing for 30 years and am a single figure handicap- When you practise you should spend more time with the short game and the putting than you do the driving. Having a killer short game is key to getting better. Make sure your clubs are adjusted properly for your swing speed and think nothing of spending a couple of hundered quid on a single good driver.

skegsagypsy
16th May, 2012, 07:47 PM
John I have a Cobra driver which I normally hit straight around 230yrds (I'm not a big hitter) but for some reason my drive has deserted me, and my course is pretty unforgiving if your not straight and long off the tees, I recently change to this new course, the old one was a much more forgiving course and a lot shorter too, I reckon that is my problem lol

andy91
16th May, 2012, 07:48 PM
I play off 16, and had 91 today in the May medal, ~~~~in nine at the first par 4, game over was all over the place, its a ball buster lol

Last year was .1 from being 18 and had a 83 followed by a 82.
Down to 15 now but only .2 from 16 again its a mad game.
My game is so up and down,good short game and putting.

Driving and irons like a hacker at times.
The shanking really gets me down ive tried every fix going and had aa lesson last year which didnt fix it but made me realise why i do it.
Really thought i got away from it yet it reared its head again.
Only good thing is i can get out of them pretty quick by changing a few things in my set up but thats not golf in my book.
Playing again Friday and Saturday and Sunday will post back how i get on lol
Saturdays comp is a am am so 2 from 4 so will give me a breather.

Andy.

andy91
16th May, 2012, 07:50 PM
Trilby Tour is coming to my place in the Summer.
I play at The Nottinghamshire,formally known as Cotgrave Place.
We have 2 courses but they have just made thge main course alot tougher.

Andy,

skegsagypsy
16th May, 2012, 07:54 PM
know the funny thing, I hacked my way round today and the 18 a hole I've never had par at, yes you've guessed it finished with a ~~~~in par lol, perfect drive, nice five iron just short of green, chip on to a foot and putt out lol what a barsturd of a game grrrrr

johnboy1974
16th May, 2012, 07:55 PM
John I have a Cobra driver which I normally hit straight around 230yrds (I'm not a big hitter) but for some reason my drive has deserted me, and my course is pretty unforgiving if your not straight and long off the tees, I recently change to this new course, the old one was a much more forgiving course and a lot shorter too, I reckon that is my problem lol

Skegs 230 is a respectable distance. It sounds to me like your confidence is gone. Why not try go for a slightly more lofted driver say a 10.5. The fairways are drying out now so you will get more run from them soon. Get your shaft checked to see if it matches your swing speed, american golf do it for free and the wrong shaft can make life very hard.

andy91
16th May, 2012, 07:58 PM
Had a quick 9 yesterday.
First hole par 5 loads of trouble,water etc
1,Snap hook off the tee
2,Tried to hit 5 iron over the ditch,big shank right!
3, Shanked 9 iron through the hedge
4,had 140 into the wind hit a 7 iron and skulled short of the ditch!
5,Chipped on over the water to 5 feet.
6, Holed the Putt,easy 6 for 2pts lol

Andy.

skegsagypsy
16th May, 2012, 08:02 PM
John, you've hit the nail on the head, it's my confidence, I have played some very decent rounds of golf with my clubs, my best score being 65 net on my old course sss 69

skegsagypsy
16th May, 2012, 08:04 PM
Had a quick 9 yesterday.
First hole par 5 loads of trouble,water etc
1,Snap hook off the tee
2,Tried to hit 5 iron over the ditch,big shank right!
3, Shanked 9 iron through the hedge
4,had 140 into the wind hit a 7 iron and skulled short of the ditch!
5,Chipped on over the water to 5 feet.
6, Holed the Putt,easy 6 for 2pts lol

Andy.

pmsl the games easy Andy lmbo

andy91
16th May, 2012, 08:08 PM
pmsl the games easy Andy lmbo

Sunday i actually birdied it and parred the next two but had 2 shanks back to back on the 10th.
I know i swing to much over the top,my swings flat and if i lose my rhythm thats the problem.
We should have a dedicated thread to golf lol

Andy.

skegsagypsy
16th May, 2012, 08:09 PM
There is one, Dear Abbey lol

skegsagypsy
16th May, 2012, 08:36 PM
Heres where I go when I struggle with my golf, I don't try to swing like Mo, but I try to feel what he feels, that the game really isn't all that hard, its we who make it hard lol

Moe Norman Private Clinic - Ball striking Exhibition 2001 - YouTube

Wolfpack
16th May, 2012, 08:49 PM
I play to an 8 handicap and been hitting the ball great. The three things you should work on is 1: your grip it don't matter how great your swing is. it's your grip that will determine where the ball goes 2: Your spine angle. If your to hunched over the ball you will most likely have no power and hit fat shots. too tall and you will hit it thin. best thing to do is take a lesson that will video tape you to see where you are. 3: Make sure your the proper distanced from the ball. Too far will push the ball too close will pull the ball. And the biggest mistake every golfer makes is they don't take enough club. remember you can't hit it like the pro's and always remember your playing to have fun if you get pissed off while playing take up bird watching.

skegsagypsy
17th May, 2012, 06:59 AM
Bird watching it is then, I expect I'll see zillions of pissed off golfers while we're all on the lookout for some blue Tits :D

johnboy1974
17th May, 2012, 12:06 PM
Sunday i actually birdied it and parred the next two but had 2 shanks back to back on the 10th.
I know i swing to much over the top,my swings flat and if i lose my rhythm thats the problem.
We should have a dedicated thread to golf lol

Andy.

Andy that "s" word is banned by all golfers.

andy91
18th May, 2012, 09:34 PM
Played today and birdied the first hole again lol
Actually hit my irons well (no shanks) but my driver gradually got worse.
Crazy game roll on tomorrows am am

Andy.

nathan2007
18th May, 2012, 09:37 PM
i play off 2 so am fairly handy used to be able to hit the ball 370 yards until knee surgey now just 330 while stength rebuilds cant wait until im right again 30 to 40 yards of the tea is a huge amount and havbe found i cant judge my irons as well as i could

what equipmnt u guys using? i use taylormade stuff always have tried calloway diablo last year had so much hook on them for some reason i went str8 back to taylormade

andy91
18th May, 2012, 09:43 PM
Ready for a new set of irons ive got my trusty Ping i3s, 3,5,7,fairway woods are Cobra and ive the square Fti Callaway driver and Odyssey 2ball putter.
Been trying a Taylormade R9 driver on the range but hit my Callaway better.

Andy.

skegsagypsy
19th May, 2012, 06:50 AM
Taylormade ht Irons, Taylormade woods, Cobra driver and MD Wedges, none of which I can hit atm. Confidence has gone and feel like I should sell up and go back to snooker.

gc1966
19th May, 2012, 07:43 AM
cobra off set 1 and 5 woods,cobra s2 irons,md hybrid and a ben ross putter

still on 28 handicap and struggle to hit that most games

all the gear,no idea.but i have a good laugh

skegsagypsy
19th May, 2012, 08:58 AM
Wish to god I could have a good laugh that is whats missing with my golf :(

paul hick
19th May, 2012, 09:18 AM
played yesterday at my friends course in their friday night club (couple of quid stableford)i play off 26 but they have a limit of 18.come in with 19 points off 9 holes and played the best golf i have played in ages.then as we were going round he asked if i fancied a game today at stone playing for his team!!!! i tought why not but now i have woken up this morning i am crapping myself as i have never won anything in all the years i have been playing.i used to play football to a very high standard(conference and low league stuff) and have taken free kicks and penalties infront of thousands with no problem but you put me on a white tee with an unfamiliar playing partner and i go to pieces......

andy91
19th May, 2012, 11:17 AM
Good luck to all the guys playing today.
Looks like most of us are suffering from the same thing,confidence!
I dont tee off till 13.20 feeling aprehensive but you can only do your best.
A birdie start will definately settle me down but will take a bogie any day.

Andy. 15 Handicap going on 28 lol

gc1966
19th May, 2012, 12:53 PM
been an awful year up til now,was up at 5am with hopes of teeing off at 5.30ish,pissing down with rain so went back to bed,need wellies not golf shoes

andy91
19th May, 2012, 11:38 PM
Played in a team comp today two from four and actually played quite well.
Didnt drive to well and didnt get my birdie start but parred the first three followed by a bogie and another par.
Would have got 37pts stapleford and no shanks so overall very happy.

Andy.

andy91
20th May, 2012, 07:08 PM
Update on todays round,played our other course which is meant to be easier lol
Only 27pts stableford,couldnt buy a putt back to the drawing board.
Away match on Tuesday should be a laugh.

Andy.

Chalkywhite
20th May, 2012, 08:09 PM
I play off 14 at the moment (soon to be 15 me thinks),played in a comp towards the end of last season had a net 64 got a 2 on a par 4 and was over the moon with the way I played, I thought I had won the comp until my mate rang me the next morning to tell me I didn't sign my card... I was disqualified and didn't get a share of the twos money and I was cut 2 shots, needless to say I was gutted, that's golf.

SIMPLY THE BEST
20th May, 2012, 09:21 PM
The trick to golf is to enjoy it regardless of how bad it is going and the harder you try and fix what is wrong the worse it gets as you are conscience of what is going wrong and trying to hard to rectify it and therefore taking the enjoyment away.

gc1966
21st May, 2012, 04:09 PM
i had six lessons last year and he told me i was not doing a great deal wrong, i still just hit round the 28 mark

andy91
21st May, 2012, 04:14 PM
This golf thread is getting a bit of interest is there any chance a mod can move it to the Sports Section thanks so we can keep track of it more easily.

Andy.

skegsagypsy
24th May, 2012, 08:44 PM
Played 2 rounds today, 1st one this morning on my own, was very much hit and miss but better than the last week. 2nd round was in a four ball with a 12, scratch and a 16 yr old +2, hit it much better despite the pressure. Playing golf with the low handicappers really helps, they don't use effort it's controlled swing. Superb watching these guys drive decent par 4s and me hitting driver 8 iron lol

skegsagypsy
25th May, 2012, 10:20 PM
Ok, folks, played again today (sure one must with this weather) two ball match against a 9 handicap (who is having serious issues with his game) took him out by the roots lol and I played sh?te lol

Chalkywhite
25th May, 2012, 11:54 PM
I'm off to Scotland in the morning for a week of sun and golf (Ayr) played there before Troon lock green and sea view and belleisle, happy days, would be interesting to know where other members play and courses they would recommend. I play a course in Northumberland call Ryton Clara vale.

mtv1
25th May, 2012, 11:59 PM
:boring: :bebored: :afraid: :roflmao:

have a good one mate :D

Chalkywhite
26th May, 2012, 12:20 AM
:boring: :bebored: :afraid: :roflmao:

have a good one mate :D

Thanks mate.

andy91
26th May, 2012, 09:23 AM
Off to Northshore in Skeggy in a few weeks,good deal 1 night b&b plus eve meal and 2 rounds of golf for 79 quid,cant fault it.
Got my Club Championship Qualifier today im bricking it lol

Andy.

skegsagypsy
26th May, 2012, 09:47 AM
Nice one Andy, always nice to bag a bargain, enjoy it regardless of how you play ;)

Heading Here (http://golf.galgormcastle.com/event.aspx) next week, just as spectator, then off to the Irish open Here (http://www.royalportrushgolfclub.com/) looking forward to it, hope to pick up a few tips lol

andy91
27th May, 2012, 05:50 PM
Well i didnt qualify for the Club Championship but have another go for a spot in a couple of months.
Shot a 96 on a really windy but hot day with 2 banks of 48.
My worst hole was the first an 8 on a par5 but really happy how i played and enjoyed it.
Played our other course today and expected to play well for a change and hit 37pts on the Stapleford.
No shanks and feel like ive tuned the corner.
All down to a good warm up in the nets before Saturdays comp and definately swinging the club on a better plane.
Up to 15.4 now so on the bubble but more confident i can keep hold of my 15.

Andy.

Canker_Canison
28th May, 2012, 03:03 PM
I don't play golf. I just the ball as hard as I can & see how far I can get it... Usually way over the side fence lol

Did have fun last thursday. Went to pick up a friend in one of those stuck up neighbourhoods.
Confused the ~~~~ out of his next-door-but-one neighbour. Pulled up in an exec car with Dying Fetus 'streaks of blood' blasting out of the stereo. Got out.... wearing hawiian shirt & shorts...... Then took out a full set of golf bats from the boot of the car. I really should of taken this guys photo, words cannot describe the look on his face :roflmao:

DYING FETUS - Streaks Of Blood - YouTube

gc1966
28th May, 2012, 05:12 PM
I don't play golf. I just the ball as hard as I can & see how far I can get it... Usually way over the side fence lol

Did have fun last thursday. Went to pick up a friend in one of those stuck up neighbourhoods.
Confused the ~~~~ out of his next-door-but-one neighbour. Pulled up in an exec car with Dying Fetus 'streaks of blood' blasting out of the stereo. Got out.... wearing hawiian shirt & shorts...... Then took out a full set of golf bats from the boot of the car. I really should of taken this guys photo, words cannot describe the look on his face :roflmao:

DYING FETUS - Streaks Of Blood - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PTrtxII7qc)

is meaty hijacking your account?????????

Canker_Canison
30th May, 2012, 09:24 AM
is meaty hijacking your account?????????

No, but we have been communicating via PM recently. Think I might of caught something :roflmao:

skegsagypsy
30th May, 2012, 07:54 PM
Played yesterday, 37 points, played today in competition 24 ~~~~in points, couldn't hit a ball and hit the ~~~~in clubhouse off the 1st tee, nearly wiped out a guy on the practice area, I HATE THIS ~~~~IN GAME

andy91
1st June, 2012, 06:58 PM
Well got an 8.40 tee off tomorrow in one of the clubs Majors so hoping i can hit the 36pt limit and avoid playing off 16 this weekend.
Good luck to the rest of the Dk hackers.

Andy.

johnboy1974
1st June, 2012, 08:42 PM
I'm off to Scotland in the morning for a week of sun and golf (Ayr) played there before Troon lock green and sea view and belleisle, happy days, would be interesting to know where other members play and courses they would recommend. I play a course in Northumberland call Ryton Clara vale.

ahh Lochgreen at Troon- one of my all time favourite courses. It's incredible it's a municiple course as the standard of the greens is world class.

andy91
2nd June, 2012, 03:21 PM
Just got back from golf played ok apart from being in almost every bunker on the front 9.
Finished with 34 pts had a bird on the back but unless the standard scratch is high it looks like ive a new handicap tomorrow:(

Andy.

skegsagypsy
2nd June, 2012, 07:24 PM
went to range today, 80 balls, hit 79 sweet, duffed one and all I can think about is the one I duffed ffs !

skegsagypsy
3rd June, 2012, 11:29 AM
Playing Concra wood next week, be afraid be very afraid lol

Check it out (http://www.concrawood.ie/Course-Information/Hole-by-Hole-Flyby)

skegsagypsy
3rd June, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hey there mods/admin any chance this could be moved to the sports section ? Many thanks ;)

andy91
3rd June, 2012, 06:03 PM
Hey there mods/admin any chance this could be moved to the sports section ? Many thanks ;)

I asked this a while back in the thread.

Come on mods move it please to the Sports Section will be easier for us hackers to follow our game.

Looks a cracking course Skegs take plenty of balls with you lol

On a better note i was in the buffer zone on Saturday so still on 15 by the skin of my teeth.

Andy.

skegsagypsy
3rd June, 2012, 06:12 PM
Well done Andy, always nice when your handicap doesn't go out, hard to get it back down when it does!

Although there's loads of water at Concra Wood, it is fairly easy to avoid if you use your head, if you want to attack greens it usually means over the water lol then your in trouble !

andy91
3rd June, 2012, 06:23 PM
Well done Andy, always nice when your handicap doesn't go out, hard to get it back down when it does!

Although there's loads of water at Concra Wood, it is fairly easy to avoid if you use your head, if you want to attack greens it usually means over the water lol then your in trouble !

Have a good round mate.

Off to my mates club tommorrow and already under pressure ive got to get at least 31pts to get a fiver off him.
Didnt play today because of the heavy rain and his course is very long so should be interesting.

Andy.

skegsagypsy
4th June, 2012, 07:07 AM
Tiger 6/1 for the us masters after his win last night, no value in that the Memorial was a weak field !

andy91
6th June, 2012, 10:16 AM
Well 3 rounds in 4 days only Sunday was a wash out and i cant rely on my short game forever.
Scored 37 pts to 31 yesterday and gradually got worse.
In the market for a new driver,fancy the Ping G20 got to change something about my driving even if it gives me a bit more confidence.

Andy,

skegsagypsy
8th June, 2012, 10:24 PM
McIlroy pa r5 Drive 7 Iron to 2foot ~~~in awesome !

michaelc204
11th June, 2012, 03:22 AM
McIlroy pa r5 Drive 7 Iron to 2foot ~~~in awesome !

+1, im a big fan too

Wolfpack
12th June, 2012, 01:21 AM
How long does it take to play a round over in the UK. Here on Long Island it takes 4 1/2 to 5 hs if you tee off between 5.24am to 8am and 5 to 6 hours after that.

johnboy1974
12th June, 2012, 06:55 AM
How long does it take to play a round over in the UK. Here on Long Island it takes 4 1/2 to 5 hs if you tee off between 5.24am to 8am and 5 to 6 hours after that.

That would depend on how good a player you are, what time you tee off at and how many players in the group. I have personally played a two ball round in under three hours but would say 4-5 hours is common for a four ball.

andy91
12th June, 2012, 02:37 PM
Took we once over 5 hours in a club comp and had to wait on every shot and found that unacceptable.
4 hours maximum in my book for a 4 ball.

Off to Skegness Sunday and just checked their local forecast its gonna be pissing it down,typical.
Only consolation we can watch the final round of the U.S Open and im rooting for Lee Westwood.

Andy.

skegsagypsy
12th June, 2012, 05:51 PM
Played today, just finished, 4 ball tee off 2pm and I'm back home, so around 3 1/2 hrs

andy91
12th June, 2012, 05:53 PM
Played today, just finished, 4 ball tee off 2pm and I'm back home, so around 3 1/2 hrs

Any good lol

Andy,

southpaw83
12th June, 2012, 07:42 PM
I become an irrational sometimes violent sociopath on the golf course and no longer get invited to play a round.

It's for the best as I play golf like Adrian Chiles presents.

skegsagypsy
12th June, 2012, 08:02 PM
Any good lol

Andy,

Lost out at the last hole beat by a point ffs, 39 points :(

andy91
13th June, 2012, 11:13 AM
Lost out at the last hole beat by a point ffs, 39 points :(

39pts bandit lol
Well done mate been a long time since i hit that mark.
Best this year 37pts.
Roll on Skeg Vegas

Andy.

skegsagypsy
13th June, 2012, 12:19 PM
Bandit lol If you had seen me last week ~~~~in Comanche lol

Another wee point on yesterdays game, one of our four ball had walked to his trolley, he had an umbrella in a holder on the trolley and it was pissin so he was taking shelter, the last of our four ball teed up and had a mad swing with his driver, whoosh, massive hook straight into the umbrella smashing it to pieces, then hitting the m8 on the head, luckily the brolley took the steam out of it, he was left with a golf ball sized bump and a broken brolley , lesson, always stay behind the ball!!

Chalkywhite
13th June, 2012, 03:03 PM
14 year old Andy Zhang playing in the us open.. Now there's a good young player.wish I had started playing when I was younger.

skegsagypsy
14th June, 2012, 12:03 PM
Played a matchplay event today, easy meat, won 6&5 should have won by a dog licence but hit a poor drive :(

andy91
14th June, 2012, 05:01 PM
Bandit lol If you had seen me last week ~~~~in Comanche lol

Another wee point on yesterdays game, one of our four ball had walked to his trolley, he had an umbrella in a holder on the trolley and it was pissin so he was taking shelter, the last of our four ball teed up and had a mad swing with his driver, whoosh, massive hook straight into the umbrella smashing it to pieces, then hitting the m8 on the head, luckily the brolley took the steam out of it, he was left with a golf ball sized bump and a broken brolley , lesson, always stay behind the ball!!

Hope you gave him a 2 shot penalty for hitting his own equipment?
Hope he wasnt the guy who beat you by a point lol

Andy.

skegsagypsy
14th June, 2012, 07:10 PM
Hope he wasnt the guy who beat you by a point lol

Andy.
haha Andy thats exactly who it was thankfully its wasn't me who hit him though lol

andy91
16th June, 2012, 02:53 PM
35pts today off 15 played really well in rainy windy conditions.
Blobbed the last that cost me the back 9 on countback but overall alot happier than of late.

Andy.

skegsagypsy
17th June, 2012, 09:14 AM
Good scoring Andy, funny old game this aint it lol

skegsagypsy
24th June, 2012, 07:07 PM
Finished net 71 in stroke play tourny (par 70) not a bad round I left about 8 shots out there, ~~~~in mate cost me two at 1 hole, ~~~er and his mobile phone :(

johnboy1974
24th June, 2012, 10:46 PM
Skegs it sounds as if you are getting your confidence back.

snatchamundo
24th June, 2012, 10:57 PM
Ah well you have to start somewhere.

skegsagypsy
25th June, 2012, 06:52 AM
Skegs it sounds as if you are getting your confidence back.

Thanks John, I'm getting there thank ~~~~ :) Out this morning on a tough hilly course, hope it stays dry.

johnboy1974
25th June, 2012, 05:00 PM
Thanks John, I'm getting there thank ~~~~ :) Out this morning on a tough hilly course, hope it stays dry.

Well your certainly getting plenty games in which kinda tells me you enjoy the golf. Always enjoy it even when you play shit and believe in yourself that you can make it better then watch those scores come down.

skegsagypsy
25th June, 2012, 05:38 PM
Playing next week on Concra Wood, check this bad boy out.

Welcome (http://www.concrawood.ie/Home)

johnboy1974
25th June, 2012, 07:46 PM
Played a few crackers in the republic of ireland a few years back one called glasson and the other galway bay which i think was done by christie occonner jnr. A lovely golf course.

skegsagypsy
27th June, 2012, 06:36 AM
Played competition yesterday, 41 points stableford my best round yet, hope its enough to win it, I was leading when I left the clubhouse.

mattybhoy
27th June, 2012, 01:10 PM
I need to get back into it...

Not played for over 10 years now. Got down to 4, but had a bad ankle injury (I did it pished up jumping over a wall after an OF game went well ). Got rid of my set of Ping Zings as the ankle couldn't take it. Need to try it out again...

leotheloin
27th June, 2012, 11:16 PM
I need to get back into it...

Not played for over 10 years now. Got down to 4, but had a bad ankle injury (I did it pished up jumping over a wall after an OF game went well ). Got rid of my set of Ping Zings as the ankle couldn't take it. Need to try it out again...
Get back into it matty a good 4 to 5 hours of fresh air not for the ball, for you.. haven't played much due to the fcuking weather we are having over here, rain rain go away:cheers:

andy91
28th June, 2012, 11:02 PM
Back to doom and gloom.
Just bought a new Ping G20 driver and coincides with my worst round in ages,only 19pts.

Losing all my drives to the left delofting my fairway woodscant get off the tee and i cant work it out yet my irons are brill.
Been to the range tonight and its no better im hooding the driver and ive tried everything from weakening my grip and standing taller now all my shots come out of the toe lol

Will be hitting 3 iron off the tee this weekend at this rate.

Andy

johnboy1974
29th June, 2012, 07:38 AM
Back to doom and gloom.
Just bought a new Ping G20 driver and coincides with my worst round in ages,only 19pts.

Losing all my drives to the left delofting my fairway woodscant get off the tee and i cant work it out yet my irons are brill.
Been to the range tonight and its no better im hooding the driver and ive tried everything from weakening my grip and standing taller now all my shots come out of the toe lol

Will be hitting 3 iron off the tee this weekend at this rate.

Andy

Andy you need to have a look at your grip to cure your hook.try bringing your left hand round a bit more toward your right hand.

skegsagypsy
29th June, 2012, 07:57 AM
Off to the Irish Open today, watch Sky I'm the ~~~~er streaking in front of the cameras :D

Chalkywhite
29th June, 2012, 01:55 PM
Andy you need to have a look at your grip to cure your hook.try bringing your left hand round a bit more toward your right hand.

I had the same problem a while back until my mate used his swing pro app and recorded my swing..i thought i was paralell to the target but i was aiming my feet and shoulders AT the target.I adjusted my feet and shoulders paralell (which felt like i was aiming miles left) and its worked a treat im hitting it much straighter now.

andy91
30th June, 2012, 10:25 AM

Been messing with the grip to get a neutral grip but im not hitting through it often enough and my hands are very active.
Almost need to hit a slice first to correct my next shot.
Going to buy a midsize grip for the new driver as its standard,all my others are midsize and i have big hands but i know thats not the fix but it will help a little.
Club Championship Qualifier today so wish me luck lol

Andy.

skegsagypsy
1st July, 2012, 05:39 PM
Congratulations Jamie Donaldson on the Irish Open win his first victory on the euro tour and one he'll remember forever, in front of crowds that would grace any major !

andy91
15th July, 2012, 05:45 PM
What a weird and wonderful game golf is.
Been struggling last few weeks and again today with my driver and today ive hit my third hole in one and to add icing to the cake Carlsberg sponsor my club,they gave me a free bottle of Bells and 50 quid on my club card so its cost me nothing lol

Andy.

Wolfpack
18th July, 2012, 01:01 AM
What a weird and wonderful game golf is.
Been struggling last few weeks and again today with my driver and today ive hit my third hole in one and to add icing to the cake Carlsberg sponsor my club,they gave me a free bottle of Bells and 50 quid on my club card so its cost me nothing lol

Andy.
The problem with the driver is it is new. When you always get a new driver you want to prove to yourself it hits it further than the old one. That is when you get ****ed up. All you need to do is have a strong left hand or right if your a lefty and always take it back slow. You could never take it back too slow and make sure you hit thru the ball not at it. You will soon be saying this is the best driver i ever hit. Good luck and hit it strait.

Scarrface
25th July, 2012, 01:53 PM
Tiger Woods is limp

leez
25th July, 2012, 03:18 PM
just started myself ..

a month into it ..going round in 116 lol .

but they say its a hard course .

i hate the first tee when everyones watching . i usually top the ball or hit the water lol . but i keep trying ..

andy91
28th December, 2012, 10:19 PM
Just bumping the golf thread:)
After an indifferent season ive actually found a bit of form.
Off to Portugal in January and looking forward to playing the Old Course and Victoria and getting away from this wet weather,

Andy.

johnboy1974
28th December, 2012, 11:19 PM
Andy I can't bear to play in this weather mate but enjoy your round in Portugal.
Btw if you can try a round in villamoura where they used to play the Portuguese open.
This course shows us all up for what we are. ie shit compared to the pros.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

andy91
28th December, 2012, 11:51 PM
Had 5 rounds last year and over the last few years i've played the old course,San Lorenzo and the royal and ocean at vale do lobo as well as the quinta da Lagos courses north and south.
I'm playing Victoria for the first time so can't wait.

Andy.

andy91
30th December, 2012, 09:46 PM
Well I spoke to soon. After two good rounds i've backed it up with a load of tripe.
Golf always bites you on the ass when you think you've cracked it.

Andy.

pl1976
30th December, 2012, 11:50 PM
Be good if we could get a dk outing somewhere ?

andy91
2nd January, 2013, 06:21 PM
38 pts yesterday with 3 blobs and 3 birdies.
Put myself in good shape for Sunday in Portugal.
18 degrees and I can't wait.

Andy