PDA

View Full Version : lexus rx450

keygargoil
16th May, 2012, 08:54 PM
hi can anyone help me with this car i went out to it today the guy bought the car sold as seen from a auction and found out the car had been in a accident which had daaged the hybrid ecu he found a donor car and fitted all the new parts both ecus from under the bonnet aswell as 2 other units and smart id box, ecu and fuse box from inside the car i have reset the unit today and programmed 2 smart keys but it says hybrid fault can anyone give any advice what this may be as this is whats causing it not to start

marco70
16th May, 2012, 09:06 PM
What are the DTC

keygargoil
17th May, 2012, 12:53 AM
i was under the impresion it just needed keys programming because they swapped everything from one car to the other, no faults with my ad but didnt have techstream to plug in i am going to borrow one tomorow, i think the guys have a snap on that should read the codes shouldnt it

cjawahir
17th May, 2012, 02:17 AM
i dont think snapon will work well with that vehicle .

techstream should help with diagnostic .

cj

leandroks
17th May, 2012, 02:46 AM
techstream is the oly device capable of reading out the DTC from all ecus, so u ll find out wich one is not matched...

vanos batam
17th May, 2012, 06:10 AM
make fhoto of the ecu,smart,id code
complete with part number...

keygargoil
17th May, 2012, 09:42 PM
i went back to this today it says check hybrid system
check vsc
check ecb
check pcs
i couldnt get hold of techstream today and couldnt get any faults from the car by obd
i cant get the pictures to up load i will try again later

keygargoil
18th May, 2012, 10:39 AM
i checked all the wiring and have reset and programmed the keys the start light goes green when you press the brake but then nothing happens apart from the red warning light and the above messages apear on the screen

keygargoil
23rd May, 2012, 01:21 AM
all those messages have gone now it says check hybrid, check vgrs but a strange one is now the immo light flashes when the ignition is on.
just brought up the part numbers the smart box is in the boot and is a black box part - 89990-30112
id code box is 89780-30011
the garage broke a 08 model but it has a newer yellow immo box ending 30114 if we can use these 2 boxs
i made keys then we changed the hybrid battery now when i push the start button now the dash lights up and the light goes green when i press the brake but the security light is still flashing it was going out the other day do you have a virgin or way of re matching them up i am going to get the id code box out from behind the dash tomoz iv never had this problem with a lexus before but thats what happens when you buy accident damaged from an auction

ray-ray
23rd May, 2012, 01:50 AM
there is a cooling system for the hybrid generater if that fuse blowes it won't start.(safty factor) it feeds off the radiator.

keygargoil
23rd May, 2012, 02:23 AM
il check it

keygargoil
24th May, 2012, 03:00 AM
the car is actually a gs450h-ls on a 2007 the immo box id code and smart controller box dumps are attatched i have attatched both smart keys that are successfully programmed to the smart key box but the immo light is still flashing even though all other functions are working ok, i virginised the immo box but didnt have enough info on me to virgin the smart id box, can anyone help me with a solution
thanks

keygargoil
24th May, 2012, 09:40 AM
make fhoto of the ecu,smart,id code
complete with part number...

my cqamera isnt working and my phone wont let me load the pics to my computer i jave attatched the files and key data files read by tango

keygargoil
29th May, 2012, 10:04 AM
any one got a virgin for5 the immo box please

andrius
29th May, 2012, 11:37 PM
try these and post the results :)

and don't forget to check P.M.