PDA

View Full Version : blackhole ?

bigballs5
16th May, 2012, 09:11 PM
im a b of a newbie i have had a db 500 , aand a S10hd and now a VU+duo Clone.

I got the duo already imaged up. I want to puy blackhole on it, but how do I go about this as it already has vix on it. :beer:

DOUGALMCD
16th May, 2012, 09:18 PM
VU dummies guide mate and what vix is on it.

DOUGALMCD
16th May, 2012, 09:21 PM
If it's working why change it.

bigballs5
16th May, 2012, 09:23 PM
VU dummies guide mate and what vix is on it.

Vix 2.3.

I know there is now 2.4 but from what I have read blackhole is awsome

DOUGALMCD
16th May, 2012, 09:30 PM
Don't believe everything you read they both do the same thing. If you flash you will need to install certain files as they don't come with cccam etc. Hope this helps.

bigballs5
16th May, 2012, 09:43 PM
Don't believe everything you read they both do the same thing. If you flash you will need to install certain files as they don't come with cccam etc. Hope this helps.

Maybe I will just update to vix 2.4 for now. I asume thats just putting the new image on a flashdrive and booting it?

RuberDuck
16th May, 2012, 09:45 PM
before you load any other image make a full set of backups so that if things go wrong or you just choose to you can go back to your existing working setup.

as for which image to go for, thats a personal choice than only you can decide.

bigballs5
16th May, 2012, 09:49 PM
before you load any other image make a full set of backups so that if things go wrong or you just choose to you can go back to your existing working setup.

as for which image to go for, thats a personal choice than only you can decide.

I was wondering that exact thing.. Whats the best way to make a full backup?

Im trying to get the box as much like a slyhd box as poss

RuberDuck
16th May, 2012, 09:56 PM
Blue Button> ViX> image manager = This makes a full image backup exactly as you have it now.

Blue Button> ViX> backup manager = This makes a .ipk file that you can use to restore your settings and plugins to a virgin image. note however a settings backup made using ViX 2.3 is incompatible with ViX 2.4 and will cause you problems if you try to use it on ViX 2.4.

bigballs5
16th May, 2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks for that m8. I have backed it up, and noted the advice you gave me about 2.3 and 2.4 not compatible for a restore. It has froze two times today, so Im hoping for the best

Here goes then..............

Well I put the files on a usb stick, BUT the box wont load them. It says "no displayable files?

RuberDuck
16th May, 2012, 10:32 PM
you need to power the receiver down with the stick inserted when power it back on again.

bigballs5
16th May, 2012, 10:48 PM
you need to power the receiver down with the stick inserted when power it back on again.

Sorted... It was the usb stick. It was the one I use to do my S10hd with. Got another one now