PDA

View Full Version : Feeding another TV

smartin7267
18th May, 2012, 03:59 PM
Hi

Looking for some advise here, especialy if you have got this working yourself !!

I am trying to get my satlelite pictures upstairs but also want to be able to change channel.

have just purchased another Vu+ Solo remote control, magic eye and a RF modulator.

I have connected a scart lead from solo box to the RF modulator, then a coaxial cable from the o/p of RF modulator to my TV upstairs.

I have a sound and picture upstairs which is brill but when I connect the magis eye the picture goes grainy and I cannot change satelite channel. I presume this is because their is no DC power to the magic eye and hence its not working.

So how do I get power to the magic eye ?
Does the RF modulator block it from the Solo box ? or id their no DC from the Solo box in the first place ?

Appreciate any advise/ideas !!

Cheers

daithi
18th May, 2012, 05:00 PM
do magic eyes work with these boxes
ive read around that most people use those wirelss tv sender thingys
also welcome to the forum

smartin7267
18th May, 2012, 05:44 PM
Im not sure if they do and hopefully someone will be able to leyt me know.

If they dont is there anyway of fitting a device so that you can change channel ?

daithi
18th May, 2012, 07:31 PM
i was told this works Remote Control IR Repeater : Remote Controls Accessories : Maplin Electronics (http://www.maplin.co.uk/remote-control-ir-repeater-115205)

DOUGALMCD
19th May, 2012, 11:47 AM
Do you not think it would have been less expensive just to buy another box?

smartin7267
20th May, 2012, 11:32 AM
I have found the problem to my question and this is to use a TV Link+ with a PSU at around ?25, so all in all it has cost me ?37.
Cheaper than buying another box, at around ?190 (not a clone)..... Im happy with it working at ?37 !

If I did again to be honest I would use a video sender with Infrared remote sender, costing around ?40...But meaning as I already had the coaxial cable installed it was convenient.

Will let you know when the TV Link+ is delivered and installed if it works ok.