PDA

View Full Version : Help needed in choosing new receiver

treknology
19th May, 2012, 07:28 PM
Hi guys,
I have been using a dm600 receiver for a while now, but have decided to upgrade to a hd satelite receiver.

In addition to the features of my existing dm600 my main requirements are:
HD twin tuner
Time shift to pause/rewind live tv
Excellent epg which auto-updates
Auto update channel lists
View recorded programes and channels over internet and lan
View files from media centre pc/server
Access the internet from receiver
Smart card reader - for s*y card etc
Cccam

Does anyone know if there is a receiver on the market that can do all this?
I have heard about the et9500 and the vu+ duo, but can't seem to find out if these receivers will do what I am looking for.

Any advice greatly received

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

mdt
19th May, 2012, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=treknology;1564123]Hi guys,
I have been using a dm600 receiver for a while now, but have decided to upgrade to a hd satelite receiver.

HD twin tuner
Cccam

[QUOTE]

the vu duo will do everything you want apart from auto-update channel lists although they are available via tspanel and @rats-updater once youve added it. you can get the clone for ?185-190 or the original for ?285-290, regards mdt

treknology
19th May, 2012, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the fast reply mdt

I've read that the vu clones may be prone to a timebomb that makes them un-usable, so if I choose a vu I think i'll go for an original.

cactikid
19th May, 2012, 08:28 PM
added bonus with the original is a warranty and support.

should have added from a reputable dealer.

mdt
19th May, 2012, 10:14 PM
added bonus with the original is a warranty and support.

only if you buy off a reputable dealer... as vu themselves are useless, regards mdt

treknology
20th May, 2012, 09:12 AM
Have found the duo's on WOS and sat-shop. I live closer to sat-shop so would probably go there for it.
Has anyone dealt with these before who could comment on service/after care/delivery etc etc.

Also, the duo looks impressive, but how does it compare to the Xtrend ET9500

cactikid
20th May, 2012, 11:00 AM
both of those suppliers are well known as reputable.

treknology
22nd May, 2012, 10:23 PM
The more I look the more i'm liking the vu+ range especially the Ultimo

However, the ET9500 apears to have very similar spec as the Ultimo (except for the 3rd tuner option and graphic display) and is ?90 cheaper than ultimo.

is the Vu+ Ultimo worth the extra cost at ?449

mdt
22nd May, 2012, 10:30 PM
The more I look the more i'm liking the vu+ range especially the Ultimo

However, the ET9500 apears to have very similar spec as the Ultimo (except for the 3rd tuner option and graphic display) and is ?90 cheaper than ultimo.

is the Vu+ Ultimo worth the extra cost at ?449

its down to personal choice m8, there is a new twin tuner soon to be released for the vu uno which will make it a twin tuner for ?300 all in for the original version, regards mdt

cactikid
22nd May, 2012, 10:35 PM
2 tuners are enough for me ,but i have other boxes if needed.

blueflash234
24th May, 2012, 12:31 PM
bought a few boxes from the sat-shop they are first rate, go into there place if they have got it set up, you will be able to see a working demo and make your mind up then

freck
24th May, 2012, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=treknology;1564123]Hi guys,

HD twin tuner
Cccam

[QUOTE]

the vu duo will do everything you want apart from auto-update channel lists although they are available via tspanel and @rats-updater once youve added it. you can get the clone for ?185-190 or the original for ?285-290, regards mdt

The Vu+ will auto update channel list with the addition of a script I've posted on here somewhere,I use it and maintain it when channels change....I use SGT Flip Flops listings.
Just needs 2 files ftp'd into your receiver and away you go:D
Freck
p.s.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f207/guide-auto-update-bouquets-channel-lists-e2-only-259131/ .....thats the tut!!

digicon
24th May, 2012, 01:44 PM
bought a few boxes from the sat-shop they are first rate, go into there place if they have got it set up, you will be able to see a working demo and make your mind up then

Glad someone has had a good word for them, I have had one dealing with them and never again i needed a Duo for a job on Saturday so i phoned Friday to see if i could get it delivered for Saturday he wanted another ?25 on top for next day delivery just because of a weekend, When i asked it states free next day delivery on there website i got told Mon-Fri only its extra for a weekend.

As you can guess i never ordered and he lost a sale, No biggie for him probably but in this business recommendations go a long way and he lost mine.

Manic01
24th May, 2012, 02:10 PM
Next day never usually inc sat to be honest, but ?25 very steep.

blueflash234
24th May, 2012, 07:57 PM
treknology said he lives close to his shop when i was in his shop they were in the process of setting up tv's and working receivers if it is done then treknology could go and see the receivers he fancy's to buy and make his mind up, sorry your experience was bad but no retailer can be 100% all the time and ?25 does sound a bit much

mdt
24th May, 2012, 08:38 PM
[quote=mdt;1564137][QUOTE=treknology;1564123]Hi guys,

HD twin tuner
Cccam

The Vu+ will auto update channel list with the addition of a script I've posted on here somewhere,I use it and maintain it when channels change....I use SGT Flip Flops listings.
Just needs 2 files ftp'd into your receiver and away you go:D
Freck
p.s.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f207/guide-auto-update-bouquets-channel-lists-e2-only-259131/ .....thats the tut!!

i might give that a go m8 in the near future.. i take it theres a fixed 28.2e and a full motor? also will it run on a solo without eating too much cpu mem? @freck thanks for the info m8, regards mdt

treknology
24th May, 2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks all for advise and comments. As blueflash said, sat-shop is close to me so i'll go along there and check out the stb's before buying.