PDA

View Full Version : Supreme dark motor reset

robo25081
20th May, 2012, 10:30 AM
Hey guys set up my dark motor and protek yesterday. When turned it on to day the motor is set to zero but the led isn't its say 2.0 I've have tryed reset with no joy any1 else had the same problem

ramjet
20th May, 2012, 11:40 AM
Hey guys set up my dark motor and protek yesterday. When turned it on to day the motor is set to zero but the led isn't its say 2.0 I've have tryed reset with no joy any1 else had the same problem

when the motor is on zero it should actually be pointing due south of your location

so if you were at longitude 4 west it would point at that satellite (amos2/3), whereas if you were at 4.8 east then it would point at sirius(or its new name astra4A)

zero on the motor only points due south at true zero longitude if you are on or very near to the greenwich meridian

so my question is , did you set it up correctly in the first place ?

the ebst method is to set it to your longitude and latitude in usals on the receiver, choose 0.8w thor and send it to that position (here in the uk) , or if on the west coast or ireland use 4w , or 5w or maybe 8w for western ireland depending on your true south, as your true south should be on zero on your motor

my point is, if you are at 2w or 2e then you may be out by 2 degrees when you set it up, possibly more ?

so my dark motor points almost to 4w when its on zero on the pointer in the embossed casing of the motor itself

robo25081
20th May, 2012, 12:02 PM
Yh Ive tried all of what you said I had I'd working yesterday.when I send I'd to go to Thor for some reason it goes to around 40

robo25081
21st May, 2012, 07:55 PM
Its all sorted now had a fault on the motor thanks guys

mdt
21st May, 2012, 10:21 PM
Its all sorted now had a fault on the motor thanks guys

what was the fault? regards mdt

robo25081
28th May, 2012, 07:47 PM
It had an intermittent fault when the motor was turning back west it would just stop and you could hear the relay still running