PDA

View Full Version : Solo CFE downgrade from 2.0 to

cracket
20th May, 2012, 06:24 PM
Did anybody succeeded with downgrading from CFE 2?

Before I upgrade to kernel 3.1.1 and cfe 2 (Build date Wed 18 May 10:18 50 2011) I would like to check if it's possible to get back from this upgrade.

My current CFE 2.27 has build date Thu Feb 18 20:58:28 2010

How can I change layout of current partitions for solo? Is there any way to recover if CFE is wiped out from flash?

How BCM knows where to find CFE?

RuberDuck
20th May, 2012, 07:58 PM
if you destroy the bootloader you destroy the receiver. and to be honest why would you want to downgrade the bootloader ? as Vu bootloaders are fully backwards compatible with all previous images regardless of the kernel in the image.

cracket
28th May, 2012, 09:12 PM
if you destroy the bootloader you destroy the receiver. and to be honest why would you want to downgrade the bootloader ? as Vu bootloaders are fully backwards compatible with all previous images regardless of the kernel in the image.

I don't want to destroy bootloader, only wanted to find out some more information about vu - because most of information are chaos, not true knowledge. Haven't found good site about system itself (hardware of bcm) - and without knowing it better it's difficult to just upgrade bootloader just like that.
There are more solutions for problems with system, not only bootloader upgrade - moving root filesystem to external/network device, customizing filesystem to fit 48MB, mixing new kernel with old small root etc..
Bootloader upgrade is last resort, and even when suggested by vendor-the only reason is bug that old one cannot flash root>48MB? WTF?
Why with cfe upgrade there is no jtag details?

I know that there are many people across forums who barely know how to put file to pendrive, and upgrade "box", but there are some others who want to know a little bit more about their own device.