PDA

View Full Version : Insite or Inpower to Diagnose QST30 G Drive

Poptest
22nd May, 2012, 05:38 PM
Hello DK,

I have to work on a QST30 G Drive soon. Engine runs on one injection pump only, the other pump has no fuel output. ESN is 37223589; ECM is 4067777.

Since 4067777 is not listed in Insite's ECM calibration selections, Insite might not be able to communicate with this ECM. Please advise me on the required software to diagnose this engine..... Insite or Inpower?

Thanks

jctech
22nd May, 2012, 07:52 PM
Hello DK,

I have to work on a QST30 G Drive soon. Engine runs on one injection pump only, the other pump has no fuel output. ESN is 37223589; ECM is 4067777.

Since 4067777 is not listed in Insite's ECM calibration selections, Insite might not be able to communicate with this ECM. Please advise me on the required software to diagnose this engine..... Insite or Inpower?

Thanks

4067777 is a GCS controller, you need InPower and cable 3163156

Poptest
23rd May, 2012, 02:13 AM

Thank JC. Would it be possible to do a flash code readout just as in we do on trucks?

I had Inpower on my old laptop with XP, but it's now dead. I have Inpower installed on a new laptop w/ Win7 @ 64 bit but haven't tried it on an engine. It's a long trip to the customer and I'm not sure if Inpower will work with this new laptop.

jctech
23rd May, 2012, 08:30 PM
Thank JC. Would it be possible to do a flash code readout just as in we do on trucks?

I had Inpower on my old laptop with XP, but it's now dead. I have Inpower installed on a new laptop w/ Win7 @ 64 bit but haven't tried it on an engine. It's a long trip to the customer and I'm not sure if Inpower will work with this new laptop.

You can view some fault lamps on the ECM, but not fault flashout.
Get the customer to confirm that disconnecting one fuel pump will stop the engine and the other will make no difference, the fault will be the fuel pump, its of to Bosch for repair, you can check InPower while you are there for fuel pump removal...

If the customer has a modbus panel (RS485) he can view faults through that, but not many have...

Poptest
30th May, 2012, 08:26 AM

Hello jctech,

I might be working on this QST30 over the weekend, so I'm preparing for it. Travel time to the site is approx 6 hours.

I have collected wiring diagrams 3666185 and 4021346 from ZDS/DK. Thanks much to ZDS contribution.

Please advise me if these wiring diagrams are correct for this GCS controller.

Thanks in advance.....

jctech
31st May, 2012, 10:47 PM
Hello jctech,

I might be working on this QST30 over the weekend, so I'm preparing for it. Travel time to the site is approx 6 hours.

I have collected wiring diagrams 3666185 and 4021346 from ZDS/DK. Thanks much to ZDS contribution.

Thanks in advance.....

4021346 is the correct diagram for you QST30 Genset with GCS controller.

Poptest
4th June, 2012, 09:04 AM
I have checked the QST30 engine. I believe the problem is low fuel pressure, approx. 20 psi...but have not determined which part/s is causing low pressure. With engine running while bleeding the high pressure pipes, some plungers discharge fuel and some don't. Plungers are not sufficiently fed with fuel due to low feed pressure. Individual relief/overflow valves on both Injection pumps are good. Engine has no DTCs.

This engine has an electric fuel pump, and no mechanical feed pumps on the Bosch injection. Please advise me on the following:
1) What is the normal fuel feed pressure?
2) The electric pump has two electric harnesses with two wires each. I'm seeing 15vdc on one, and 10.5vdc on the second. Is this a 24 Volt electric connection to two electric pumps in series?
3) The two fuel blocks below each Bosch pump with the shutoff coil: How does this function? Does coil close the fuel path to return port when energized, and bypass fuel to return port when de-energized?

Thanks in advance......

hanzem evr
5th June, 2012, 06:09 AM

Please could you send me the pin-out for this cable , i need to make one for me

thanks in advance

jctech
5th June, 2012, 10:13 AM
I have checked the QST30 engine. I believe the problem is low fuel pressure, approx. 20 psi...but have not determined which part/s is causing low pressure. With engine running while bleeding the high pressure pipes, some plungers discharge fuel and some don't. Plungers are not sufficiently fed with fuel due to low feed pressure. Individual relief/overflow valves on both Injection pumps are good. Engine has no DTCs.

This engine has an electric fuel pump, and no mechanical feed pumps on the Bosch injection. Please advise me on the following:
1) What is the normal fuel feed pressure?
2) The electric pump has two electric harnesses with two wires each. I'm seeing 15vdc on one, and 10.5vdc on the second. Is this a 24 Volt electric connection to two electric pumps in series?
3) The two fuel blocks below each Bosch pump with the shutoff coil: How does this function? Does coil close the fuel path to return port when energized, and bypass fuel to return port when de-energized?

Thanks in advance......

Fuel pressure from the electric lift pumps is about 60 - 90 PSI
The 2x 12 pumps are in series. If one pump fails replace both pumps. You can test the pumps indivudually, I have seen the pumps modified the run parrallel powered by 2 relays and 12 volts from the batteries.
I do not remember the logic of the stop solenoids, power to run I think.

jctech
5th June, 2012, 10:15 AM

thanks in advance
I do not have a diagram, there is a difference between the cable for the GCS controller and the cable for the old Ventura QST30 engines. the new cable has a resistor in it and is backwards compatible, the old cable will not work on a GCS controller.

hanzem evr
5th June, 2012, 11:29 AM
So ... just cable for GCS really help me .. please try to check by AVO meter .

Poptest
7th June, 2012, 12:31 PM
I have the 3163156 cable hanzem. I will check cable pinouts and post it here. Just wait a while........

TTIBCCA
11th June, 2012, 01:52 AM
G-DRIV E CONNECTIO N Metho d
1-H, G
2***8212;C
3***8212;B
4***8212;A
7,8***8212;F
5***8212;E
6***8212;D

Poptest
13th June, 2012, 12:21 PM

thanks in advance

Hanzem,

TTIBCCA's is correct. The letters are for the 9 pin round socket; and the numbers are for the 8 pin D sub connector. I checked his pinout against my cable. However, I could not measure a resistor which Jctech mentioned. My cable is able to connect to GCS. Tell me if you need a drawing for the connectors.

Poptest
13th June, 2012, 12:34 PM
I do not have a diagram, there is a difference between the cable for the GCS controller and the cable for the old Ventura QST30 engines. the new cable has a resistor in it and is backwards compatible, the old cable will not work on a GCS controller.

Hi JC,

Do you know the value of the resistor and where it is connected? I measured my cable but could not find it.

Thanks

hanzem evr
16th June, 2012, 08:26 PM
Thanks guys really you are good friends

jctech
17th June, 2012, 05:27 PM
Hi JC,

Do you know the value of the resistor and where it is connected? I measured my cable but could not find it.

Thanks

Perhaps I got it wrong and the resistor was in the old part number cable :(

S7UAR7
7th March, 2017, 05:17 PM
Hello jctech,

Thanks in advance.....

MAN CAN YOU TELL ME WERE I CAN FOUND THIS DIAGRAM 3666185??