PDA

View Full Version : Isle of Cumbrae millport

johnboy1974
22nd May, 2012, 09:40 PM
Well im off to Millport on saturday for a sponsored cycle around the isle of cumbrae. One of my friends is a breast cancer survivor and theres 78 of us going over to the isle to show our support and raise funds for breast cancer awareness. The good news is that the weather is forecast good. Has anyone on dk ever cycled around Millport.

maca
22nd May, 2012, 09:42 PM
Not me m8 but great stuff hope you have top day m8 :top:

colin mckenzie
22nd May, 2012, 09:45 PM
yeah, done it a few times nice enough wont take you too long and cpl of nice bars for afters..

Lainie
23rd May, 2012, 08:40 PM
bloody hell john i just emailed a hotel there last night re staying for a couple of nights - small world.

super jumbe
23rd May, 2012, 09:04 PM
I wonder why people have to sponsored cycle around to raise funds when they can do our community good, to take old people out to seaside and earn more money for hospital as well.

:beer:

braz13
23rd May, 2012, 09:07 PM
Been round it few times, great place to cycle, mostly flat and not a lot of traffic (can be a bit busy between the ferry and the town)
With the good weather sun tan lotion and plenty of fluids a must.
Years ago me and a mate done it anticlockwise no hands.

Good luck for the weekend
Have fun

johnboy1974
24th May, 2012, 10:39 AM
bloody hell john i just emailed a hotel there last night re staying for a couple of nights - small world.

Lainie if you see a big group of 78 Glasgow ruffians on bikes give us a wave.

johnboy1974
27th May, 2012, 03:01 PM
well I made it right round the island no problem. In fact it was very pleasant and fairly flat and easy. We think we have raised about 15000 for breast cancer research so it was very worthwhile. What a beautiful wee island cumbrae is and the town of Millport too- I would reccomend a visit to anyone.

rds60h
30th May, 2012, 06:28 PM
Hopefully going to Largs in July, so will probably give Cumbrae a go.

Lainie
30th May, 2012, 08:01 PM
i was there 6 yrs running for the annual family holiday when we were kids. been once since for a day. my other half has never been so thats why im looking to go for a couple of days in august. with any luck we will have his little girl with us. ive many happy memories of millport. had brilliant holidays where keeping me and my sister occupied cost next to nothing. rock climbing, cycling round the island, ice cream drinks in the ritz cafe (mmm), paddling pool at the garrison, crocodile rock and playing crazy golf.

happy days when kids played outside lol

Hoppy01
31st May, 2012, 09:57 PM
Well im off to Millport on saturday for a sponsored cycle around the isle of cumbrae. One of my friends is a breast cancer survivor and theres 78 of us going over to the isle to show our support and raise funds for breast cancer awareness. The good news is that the weather is forecast good. Has anyone on dk ever cycled around Millport.

Yep, its a nice cycle but ma bike always ended up near the harbour,,,,,,parked outside the pub,, for hours,,,but the locals assured me its a nice cycle..:embarassed: