PDA

View Full Version : Security IC update without rs232 board

hossen
23rd May, 2012, 04:27 PM
Hi,
Is it possible to connect null modem directly to vu solo for Security IC update,as i don't have 232 board.
Thanks.
Regards

hossen

benny/9
23rd May, 2012, 04:45 PM
Hi,
Is it possible to connect null modem directly to vu solo for Security IC update,as i don't have 232 board.
Thanks.
Regards

hossen
no mate the rs232 board changes the wiring circuit and if you
just use a null modem cable you could kill the box
also just be aware you also need a computer with a fix
9 pin comport fitted you cant use a usb to serial converter
they dont work with the box and rs232 board
have thought of asking on the ferrari forum if anyone knows
where you can buy a rs232 board

hossen
23rd May, 2012, 07:59 PM
Hi benny/9 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/13709-benny-9/),
Thanks for your quick reply.
I will follow your advice.
I did make a search on the net and eBay but could not find that rs232 board.
Hopefully,someone may lend it to me.

K.Regards

benny/9
23rd May, 2012, 09:38 PM
if your good with electronic's you can make one up
take a look at the attachment

hossen
23rd May, 2012, 11:00 PM
Thanks benny/9, but i prefer not to try.
k.Regards

asad5150
26th May, 2012, 02:00 AM
i may have a spare one with cable. wil hve to look tomrow and let u knw

hossen
26th May, 2012, 03:52 PM
Hi asad515,
Greatly appreciated if you could find it and lend it to me.
Thank you
Kind Regards

Hossen

livdogred
8th September, 2012, 02:55 PM
if your good with electronic's you can make one up
take a look at the attachment

can i download the attached circuit of the rs232 board so that i can build it. I will post the results when ii finished

benny/9
8th September, 2012, 03:26 PM
can i download the attached circuit of the rs232 board so that i can build it. I will post the results when ii finished
as you can see from the diagram posted earlier
the small rs232 board for the vu clone boxes
does'nt have anything but circuitry on it. this
board changes the pin connection to work with
the vu boxes, and it appears to only use 4 pins
and they are these
ground goes to ground
pin 4 goes to pin 3
pin 5 goes to pin 5
pin 6 goes to pin 2
and i cant see why a null modem cable converted
to the board settings wont work without the rs232 board

livdogred
9th September, 2012, 06:26 AM
10x benny/9 as i said i am going to make one myself if succeeded i will let you know.

radek12
11th September, 2012, 09:38 PM
Do you need the rs232 board for reviving both original vu+ and clones, or only clones?

mdt
11th September, 2012, 09:59 PM
Do you need the rs232 board for reviving both original vu+ and clones, or only clones?

just clones m8 originals dont need/use a security chip. regards mdt

livdogred
12th September, 2012, 10:18 AM
hi i have just found that the rs 232 board can only be used for clone ferrari and cannot be used for other clone other than ferrari.Those clone vu+solo that came without the rs 232 board cannot ubdate it,is this true because mine came without an rs 232 board.

livdogred
12th September, 2012, 10:32 AM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentidhttp://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=143527&stc=1&d=1347442273=143526&stc=1&d=1347442273

livdogred
12th September, 2012, 10:37 AM
These two images shows the difference between a Ferrari clone which have came with the rs 232 board.The other image shows a clone other than ferrari.From what i have found those clones that have no rs 232 board are not supported and i dont know if they can make the security IC ubdate.

livdogred
12th September, 2012, 10:42 AM
Try not to get help from ferrari because they do not support vu+ clones other than ferrari made.

DOUGALMCD
12th September, 2012, 01:47 PM
So what image does your box have on it?

livdogred
12th September, 2012, 02:00 PM
It had BlackHole 1,7,6

RuberDuck
12th September, 2012, 04:35 PM
Try not to get help from ferrari because they do not support vu+ clones other than ferrari made.

They barely even support their own clones never mind other non ferrari clones.

digicon
12th September, 2012, 08:26 PM
It had BlackHole 1,7,6

From my understanding the last available working image on both the Solo and Duo clone was BH 1.7.5 as 1.7.6 had the new drivers implemented and ferrari are still yet to release a patch for them.

So i am intrigued on how you got BH 1.7.6 to work on your solo.

DOUGALMCD
13th September, 2012, 08:27 AM
Yes I would think that your box would be genuine to have bh 1.7.6 on it. You say it had ? What is on just now or does it still work?

livdogred
13th September, 2012, 06:34 PM
the problem i have is that when i switched it on for the first time i started to set the the box when all was finished i downloaded the latest channel list using vu+tools then went through the box to reebot it.When i selected restart the box and clickrd ok from the remote it did not boot and crashed blackscreen.The blue led still lights . when i press the remote the blue led always flashes but nothing black screen.I contacted the seller and he said that the problem is power supply.I tried everyithing flush from usb but no responce What do you suggest? From the searches i made in the forums this looks likely a clone one . Sorry if i replied a bit late and thanks for your help.

girtje schep
13th September, 2012, 08:50 PM
please help. my vu+duo hangs on starting.
i wood like to make the rs232 board for upgrading my vu+ duo to v2.0

DOUGALMCD
13th September, 2012, 09:43 PM
livdogred you are quoting blue light flashes and you are in a vu solo thread. So is it safe to assume you have a vu duo as solo does not have blue lights. Let us know and we can take it from there.

livdogred
14th September, 2012, 06:23 AM
i am really getting confused now.You mean blue led light is a vu due not a solo.please are you sure of this .Are there any other fetures where i can determine between vu due and solo because the box and the receiver both have vu solo marked.

digicon
14th September, 2012, 09:52 AM
Duo has a display readout on the front the Solo does not.

livdogred
14th September, 2012, 11:17 AM
no it has no display readings.

livdogred
14th September, 2012, 11:21 AM
I have just contacted the seller and he said to re flush the blackhole 1.7.6 again with usb but no success therefore he replied to me that's a power supply issue and he is going to send me one for free do you think this is the problem.

DOUGALMCD
14th September, 2012, 12:10 PM
I haven't seen any solo with blue led that's why I asked the obvious. Maybe it goes blue if psu fails but I have never seen one fail so the led would either be red or green state. What colour is the light at front of box. If it says solo then it will be solo. Just the blue led that's confusing. If you are getting new psu that's great.

DOUGALMCD
14th September, 2012, 12:15 PM
Are you sure you had bh 1.7.6 on it and not bh 1.6.7? That would make more sense on clone.

livdogred
14th September, 2012, 12:18 PM
Do you know what voltage does the power supply feeds the unit so i can check myself

DOUGALMCD
14th September, 2012, 12:32 PM
Not offhand without borrowing box. Does the box not respond to usb at all. Is it definately a blue light?

livdogred
14th September, 2012, 12:59 PM
yes its definitely blue.look at this image of my internal pcu you see the part circled black when i switched it on after a couple of minutes this turned very hot i mean you cant touch it bare hands. I see this is not normal is it.

DOUGALMCD
14th September, 2012, 01:12 PM
I can see from picture also it's definately a clone. I would leave it off till you get new psu and you can update us from there. The first i've heard of blue light but maybe some others will be able to shed some light on it. Never had a problem with psu solo clone or genuine.

livdogred
14th September, 2012, 04:39 PM
ok i will tell you later when i connect the new pcu.If you discover something new do tell me and thanks for your help

hatif120000
19th November, 2012, 09:19 PM
I also have a vu + clone without rs232 Board.If you have a solution thank you for the post

digicon
19th November, 2012, 09:53 PM
I also have a vu + clone without rs232 Board.If you have a solution thank you for the post

i have solution buy vu + clone with rs232 board and then go to introduce myself section. problem solved

nedrosat
5th March, 2013, 05:16 AM
and they are these
ground goes to ground
pin 4 goes to pin 3
pin 5 goes to pin 5
pin 6 goes to pin 2
and i cant see why a null modem cable converted
to the board settings wont work without the rs232 board

please can attach the shema of 232 board, because i havn't this and supplier don't know it !!!

sow waiting your help

martin20009
27th April, 2013, 01:26 PM
can some one repost the the diagram of the board.

I plan on building a board as I have just received my IC upgrade. I just to to be clear on the pin out i.e computer side and receiver side.

I'm guessing that

Computer Side pin 4 goes to pin 3 Receiver Side.
pin 5 goes to pin 5
pin 6 goes to pin 2

Hope it makes sense.

and they are these
ground goes to ground
pin 4 goes to pin 3
pin 5 goes to pin 5