PDA

View Full Version : Channel list editing

dog_sandwich
25th January, 2009, 10:16 PM
Just joined the site and wanted some confirmation of what I think I may already know. Having spent a (very) long time with my 5200 Super remote moving/deleting/renaming channels I discovered channel editors on the internet. In order to take the existing channel list off my STB and then put it back again do I need a physical connection between my PC and the box (null lead)? The available options on the loader and the box suggest I can't do this using USB transfer. If it can't be done via USB I'll stop looking and get myself the lead. Thanks in advance.

raiders1481
26th January, 2009, 12:23 AM
Hi THERE

I have a technomate 6900hdcombo
why cant I downlosd the latest softcamkeys from this site.

regards

Alun

.: JaCkPoT :.
26th January, 2009, 12:40 AM
Well...you should introduce yourself as your first post then ask for help..once you have 1post then you get your download permission..however i take it that your just after files and not bothered about the forum itself..fair enough..

benny/9
26th January, 2009, 01:25 PM
Just joined the site and wanted some confirmation of what I think I may already know. Having spent a (very) long time with my 5200 Super remote moving/deleting/renaming channels I discovered channel editors on the internet. In order to take the existing channel list off my STB and then put it back again do I need a physical connection between my PC and the box (null lead)? The available options on the loader and the box suggest I can't do this using USB transfer. If it can't be done via USB I'll stop looking and get myself the lead. Thanks in advance.
you can upload your channel list with a memory stick
you go to data transfer and press the correct coloured button
to upload the chn list then you transfer the cndf file on your computer there you can use the clarke-tech editor to move the chns into your personnel order, for me it's easier on the receiver you can move chns in blocks as many chns as you wish at a time and it's the same for deleating
just click all the chns you wish to deleate then exit the menu and save the change. you download the chn list the same way as patching or loading the softcam

dog_sandwich
26th January, 2009, 10:06 PM
I have my channel list on my PC now opened in Clarke-Tech. It looks a bit daunting at the moment and I think I'm probably better off doing the manipulation using the Technomate remote for now. Clarke-Tech looks as though it may be a useful tool later, though.
Regards,
Neil

.: JaCkPoT :.
27th January, 2009, 01:29 AM
No mate..play with it for five mins..its easy..you can drag your channels into the order you want..or to rename a channel click it once and press f2..easy..then you can slowly learn the rest mate:)..

eattheliving
20th August, 2010, 10:04 AM
can this method be used on the tm600? if yes how do i do it please?

Manic01
20th August, 2010, 10:34 AM
No mate different set up.
Use dreambox edit.

eattheliving
20th August, 2010, 11:03 AM
Use dreambox edit.

thanks Manic01. just looking at that now

:rock:

eattheliving
20th August, 2010, 04:05 PM
Use dreambox edit.

hi mate, how do i get my edited channel list to insatll onto my tm600? i have sent the change command to my box and then transmitted the files...do i then re boot and it should update or am i missing something else?

cheers

eattheliving
25th August, 2010, 10:54 AM
sorted the channel list on my tm600 but my next question is :
can i use the same edited channel list to update my sisiters dm500s box without having to download her data and re do the favorites list?