PDA

View Full Version : the youth of today

Lainie
24th May, 2012, 09:42 PM
it was in the papers the other day that 4 out of 5 youngsters that leave school are unemployable and boy can i relate to that. when they call for benefit they havent got a clue.

ie

q - can you tell me your ethinc group
a - catholic

q - can you give me a contact number we can contact you on
a - dont know it

19 yr old phoned the other day for esa and said he couldnt speak on the phone he wanted his girlfriend too ( he sounded drugged to the eyeballs)

she came on and i had to ask her a few security questions to continue

q- whats your partners dob
a - dinnae ken

q - whats your partners postcode
a - dinnae ken

by then i was getting irate and told her to speak proper english. she said she was and i informed her i think you mean dont know rather than dinnae ken!!

i asked his medical condition and she said - dinnae ken

i said im ending this call i will send you out forms to fill in. she said he cant fill them in as he cant read or write!

god i hate my job sometimes!!

ps they were living in a hotel b&b and had been for 8 weeks!!!

bloody joke

johnboy1974
24th May, 2012, 09:50 PM
Lainie the lack of skills is well pointed out. And what about social skills? I find today's kids have lost those thanks to social networking sites. Kids are comfortable typing a conversation into a computer or mobile device but put them in a social face to face environment and they have nothing to say. Their grasp of the English language is beyond belief.

Lainie
24th May, 2012, 10:08 PM
prob john is they dont want to learn. i live near drumchapel and my other half works for a training organisation there that takes 16 - 18 yrs olds (that have been kicked out of school or no other organisation will take them) and the stories he can tell you are horrific.

they are lazy, stroll in halfway through the morning, cheeky, insulting and nothing but thick neds.

they are offered all the help they need but they dont want it.

personally id change it so they cant leave school unless they can read and write etc. let them stay till their 20s. open a dunces school. why cover for them and make constant excuses. yif you walk through clydebank shopping centre practically every girl under say 20 is pushing a pram. of course these are the immaculate conception children. they phone for income support if they have 13 weeks to due date. we ask what her partner does and of course she doesnt have one!! yeah yeah. - fraud form lol

if they can change a complicated benefits system they can change education.

thats why jsa and esa claims are done over the phone as so many cant or say the cant (lazybastarditis) fill in forms etc. some that do come in are illegible.

maca
24th May, 2012, 10:11 PM
Not all kids are bad you only hear the bad things about the youth these days ......

Shady
24th May, 2012, 10:15 PM
agreed, went to under 16 cup final on sat for shady jrs team.. nicest bunch of well mannered lads ive ever met

Shady
24th May, 2012, 10:18 PM
oh by the way, shady jrs in the under 5's ..they were mascots for the ';bigger boys'
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/226183-shady/albums/shady-jr-footy/5860-shady-jr-being-mascot-under-16s-cup-final-number-18.jpg

shady jr number 18 :)

Lainie
24th May, 2012, 10:36 PM
nice to hear not all are stupid, illiterate or bad mannered.

cute kid.

Shady
24th May, 2012, 10:41 PM
that woman/man/thing at the end looks like rocky dennis out of mask.. just realised that

maca
24th May, 2012, 10:45 PM
~~~~ i thought it was noddy holder ....cuppa soup anyone ??

happy_highlander
24th May, 2012, 10:52 PM
Lainie I agree without almost all you have said but I do think a lot of kids get a bum rap. I've seen a lot getting tarred with the same brush as the torags we all recognise, and because they are teenagers and know better than everybody else they start with the attitude because they think they are big clever and hard. Once you get through this front nicer people you won't meet. The problem they have is the system has drummed it into them that they are untouchable by parents, teachers or coppers for that matter. This I believe stems from the lack of corporal punishment. Before you shoot me down in flames I know corporal punishment is open to misuse and understand why it was removed but I still think a ~~~~in great whack with lump of leather made you listen a damn site quicker than paying a mate to do a punishment exercise or beating the crap out of someone until they do it for you. And I'm damn sure I never went home and told my dad the local bobby had to kick my arse cause I broke a windae, cause I would have been guaranteed to get another for the copper having to give me one in the first place :mad:

.: JaCkPoT :.
24th May, 2012, 11:09 PM
Not all kids are bad you only hear the bad things about the youth these days ......

bonus2010
25th May, 2012, 11:33 AM
@Laine

I think in your job you're just being exposed to far too many disadvantaged youth.

The trouble is, the schools have had those kids, every day for years and years and it's troubling how the schools and teachers have failed them so much... it would seem they've just been ignored if they can't read and write etc..

I think it's wrong for the government's thinking that those youngsters should be sent to more government training, when in reality all they need is a job... because I'm sure they're sick of training and sitting at a desk...

One of my ideas is to give them all a job in the public sector... there's plenty of unskilled work that can be created there... such as gardening and street cleaning. I'm sure giving them the prospect of ?20,000 per year including overtime their attendance issues would be solved. :)

Lainie
26th May, 2012, 01:50 PM
@ bonus - 20000 grand a year - wish i earned that and ive worked my whole life. by my original post i meant most young people - not all young people so apologies for that. i can only go on what i know from work and hear from others and what i see. they get offered all the help they want but the prob is they dont want it. they are not getting any more schooling than we did and we studied for exams etc and worked hard for them. nowadays most dont.

i have friends that are school teachers and another is a housing officer in drumchapel. they have extremely stressful jobs and the crap they have to take is unbelievable. luckily i dont take crap. if they are cheeky i hang up - simples.

bonus2010
26th May, 2012, 02:03 PM
A said ?20K.... no ?20 million lol sorry cany help it...

you keep saying they get help, what help?

all I'm saying is, maybe the 'help' they're getting offered, is not the help they want, or possibly even need.

if we can't blame school teachers or the government who can we blame? :D

happy_highlander
26th May, 2012, 02:13 PM
@ bonus - 20000 grand a year - wish i earned that and ive worked my whole life. by my original post i meant most young people - not all young people so apologies for that. i can only go on what i know from work and hear from others and what i see. they get offered all the help they want but the prob is they dont want it. they are not getting any more schooling than we did and we studied for exams etc and worked hard for them. nowadays most dont.

i have friends that are school teachers and another is a housing officer in drumchapel. they have extremely stressful jobs and the crap they have to take is unbelievable. luckily i dont take crap. if they are cheeky i hang up - simples.

I'd hang up as well lainey. I don't have to work with the little torags directly as our company policy states we can't enter a property unless there is someone over the age of 18, but we also do a lot of work in schools and the lack of respect for the teachers who are trying to help them is unbelievable. But I will say I take no shit from any of them (I may have to clean it but I don't have to listen to it) they aren't long in running for cover when they know they can't win, this is where the government has ~~~~ed up big time by stopping almost everybody from saying a bad word against them. Quick example family have young girl (7 ish) who breaks house windows, throws chairs at teachers and is generally a pain so is receiving help from social services. Mum and dad want to do a council swap so go see the other house and both parties want to swap, they are then told by social (in front of kid) if she doesn't want to go they are not allowed to swap to bigger house.......Talk about undermining a parents authority and putting all the balls in a kids court....needless to say they can't make any decisions anymore as child just runs to ss and says she doesn't like it.