PDA

View Full Version : Were to buy DM800 NOT CLONE

karlpowell
26th January, 2009, 02:03 PM
I am looking to buy 2* dm800s here in the UK .. as title says i do not want a clone .

i am looking at buying 2 at the best price i can find , the last 2 i bought only cost me 339 each .

any help here lad would be great

Karl

techmob
26th January, 2009, 02:09 PM
also looking for original dreambox dm800, i do not want a clone

i am looking to buy off a reputable seller, if possible and someone who can guarantee it is original and hold good for the warranty incase of any faults etc..

everywhere seems to be out of stock of this box or is a clone..

where would you guys get one from?

thanks

caveman_nige
26th January, 2009, 02:10 PM
satstore.co.uk sells genuine boxes but i think he has sold out... Other than that, best to google your request and then ask them yourself mate..

westkill
26th January, 2009, 02:42 PM
ive bought a few from here in the past
the delivered in about 4 days
Dreambox im HM Sat Shop (http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/angebot-dreambox/)
think they used ups for delivery
im sure once from there i paid cash on delivery in euros :)

karlpowell
26th January, 2009, 04:22 PM
I have googl'd and allso tried satstore ( they are sold out) , thanks to both of you fro your replys , If i cant get them in the UK then the german site looks good .

Karl

krazylegz
26th January, 2009, 04:34 PM
i usually use satstore but if they're sold out try here m8 SMS The Dreamboxshop official distributors of Dream- multimedia satellite receivers. (http://www.dreamboxshop.co.uk/)

karlpowell
26th January, 2009, 04:49 PM
Is that a blag site mate? , I Looked on dream multi-media they do not list any offical dealers in the UK , techmob just rang them and when he mentioned clones the guy went off his head .

you just got to be carefull parting with iver ?800 notes

2tone
26th January, 2009, 06:50 PM
that is a blag site mate , Look on dream multi-media they do not list any offical dealers in the uk , techmob just rang them and when he mentioned clones the guy went off his head , anyway turns out that site is not based in UK

If your on about smsdreambox shop they are the real thing m8 i know max and he has been on dreams site for a long time as a dealer they might be doing there site up i use max all the time and all his stuff is 100% real stuff , ill ask him why he is not on there site as i have to get a 100 for a friend to see why he is not on there site anymore

techmob
26th January, 2009, 08:03 PM
i ordered two from SMS The Dreamboxshop official distributors of Dream- multimedia satellite receivers.

SMS The Dreamboxshop official distributors of Dream- multimedia satellite receivers. (http://www.dreamboxshop.co.uk)

for ?798 delivered

hope it works out ok...

karlpowell
27th January, 2009, 09:02 AM
Trader ALERT Page (http://www.satstore.co.uk/alert.htm)

2tone
27th January, 2009, 10:07 PM
this is were a lot of people have got messed up with sms dreambox shop look at the link in the traders page the links for the real and clone are more or less the same a part from one letter the real one has no s at the end of it sms has the real ones also if you look at dreams site they done have any sellers names up at the min

real seller link
h**p://www.dreamboxshop.co.uk

clone seller link that dose not work anymore
h**p://www.dreamboxshops.co.uk

techmob
27th January, 2009, 10:33 PM
this is were a lot of people have got messed up with sms dreambox shop look at the link in the traders page the links for the real and clone are more or less the same a part from one letter the real one has no s at the end of it sms has the real ones also if you look at dreams site they done have any sellers names up at the min

real seller link
h**p://www.dreamboxshop.co.uk

clone seller link that dose not work anymore
h**p://www.dreamboxshops.co.uk

yes mate i noticed that.

tomcat415
19th February, 2009, 09:49 AM
h**p://www.dreamboxshop.co.uk dont buy from dreamboxshop.co.uk i got the DM8000 from them
box arrived one one screw missing at the back one screw forced in The box sometimes refuses to boot and the box locks up when a cam is inserted i.e. my zeta cam or Diablo cam is inserted when put in one other dm8000 it works fine i opend the box to put hdd in and as you can see from the photo the chip inside looks burnt i asked for a replacement all i got from them is everyone is happy with there dm8000 ?
again i asked for a replacement they said i should take chip out and send it to dream media ?

got this from trading standeds

The trader must sort out your problem, not the manufacturer Remember, if you are entitled to a refund, replacement, repair or compensation, it is the trader who must sort out your problem. The trader cannot tell you to go back to the manufacturer

cauliflower69
19th February, 2009, 06:38 PM
bloody hell I'd be pissed.

I'd drive to his place of business and get a refund and I wouldn't leave without it either.

You bought that from an original dealer and there telling you to go to the manufacture direct.

You have a contract with him no one else.

I hate ppl that try to fob ya off to someone else

** Rant over **

I to am about to part with cash for a dm800. I would like confirmation that

h**p://www.hm-sat-shop.de/hdd-receiver-hdtv-dreambox/dreambox-dm800-s-hd-pvr-ready.html?PHPSESSID=a33f57abf62057d984b0d8917fdff 8bd

is NOT a clone and they sell originals.

Thanks

westkill
19th February, 2009, 07:32 PM
hm-sat.de
they are legit suppliers of the dreambox i had 3 boxes from there over the last 4 years :)
usally deliver within 3 to 4 days :)

cauliflower69
19th February, 2009, 07:34 PM
oh great will place order this evening so lovely

tomcat415
20th February, 2009, 12:31 PM
well today got a reply from them 8 emails later
Dear Paul,
The box is needed to be sent to us. Have you send your box to dream multimedia in Germany? Before we refund we need to know where are those boxes.
There is no need to jump the gun. We are here to look after you and to make you a happy man.
Where is the box boss?
Best Regards,
SMS The Dreamboxshop official distributors of Dream- multimedia satellite receivers. (http://www.dreamboxshop.co.uk)

jump the gun ? what are they on happy pills well going to send box to them and i hope i get a full refund also got email from dreammedia my first email to them,as below

Dear MR PAUL GILBERT,

i'd like to apologize for the inconvenience you've had.
If you still have the box, i can offer you to send it directly to us for
fixing.
Please fill out the added service-paper and send the box to us with a copy of
the invoice.

Our address is:
Dream Multimedia GmbH
Pierbusch 26
44536 L?nen
Germany

Thanks in advance

least Dream Multimedia whats to help 20/02/2009

techmob
22nd February, 2009, 06:10 PM
i bought 2 from sms and tbh when i first spoke to him, he did sound like he had an attitude problem, but if i have any probs with mine and he doesnt sort out himself within the 12 months warranty, then i will also kick up a big friggin stink

let us know how you get on mate....

2tone
22nd February, 2009, 06:46 PM
max is ok you just need to know how to talk to him his head is all over the place lots of people on the phone looking receivers of him i even sent a 500 to him that was two years old and max got it fixed for free every time i change to a different dreambox i go to max has never let me down

techmob
22nd February, 2009, 06:59 PM
max is ok you just need to know how to talk to him his head is all over the place lots of people on the phone looking receivers of him i even sent a 500 to him that was two years old and max got it fixed for free every time i change to a different dreambox i go to max has never let me down

yea but at the end of the day he should be atleast polite and cooperative towards a customer..

you may know him and he acts different to you, but my first impressions were not great and that is important, and then you hear other stuff

i will give him the benefit of the doubt and hope i don't need to contact him regarding mine

cauliflower69
22nd February, 2009, 07:12 PM
I have no dealings with the man but customer service is key to future business in my opinion.

tomcat415
23rd February, 2009, 01:57 AM
update well the box has been sent to Dream Multimedia to be looked at sent 21/02/09
to re-cap
got dm8000 one screw half out at the back one screw forced in at the back the dm8000 was not booting sometimes thougt it was me but was trying diff images then 4 days later my dvb-c turner card came open the box to see the chip and motherboard looked burnt (see pic) email sms i told them about it and said want a replacement -reply everyone is happy with there dm8000? again email them -reply take chip out send it to Dream Multimedia ?-email them again -reply send box to Dream Multimedia? last email to them informed trading standards about this -email back from sms- There is no need to jump the gun?
asked Dream Multimedia to check if this is a beta dm8000 or not while they check it !! at the end of the day if you buy something and not happy you get a re-fund mine was not up to the mark
asked for the cost of sending it to Dream Multimedia i bet he fell of his chair while counting money :y:

techmob
23rd February, 2009, 05:39 PM
so it cost you to send it to dream, how much?

how quick did dream respond to you, because everytime i have contacted them, i never seem to get a response

i have actually emailed them regarding a problem i have with my dm800 bought from sms, i have not bothered contacted him yet as i can imagine him trying any excuse not to swap it as the box functions fine other than this one problem

problem being i cannot get it to flash while in PRESS STOP DHCP MODE, or even signing a static ip to it, it wont flash via browser, only way is serial

the other dm800 i got from him flashes fine via browser

so you can imagine he wont be very helpful like some other sellers out there

bakerk
23rd February, 2009, 06:17 PM
so it cost you to send it to dream, how much?

how quick did dream respond to you, because everytime i have contacted them, i never seem to get a response

i have actually emailed them regarding a problem i have with my dm800 bought from sms, i have not bothered contacted him yet as i can imagine him trying any excuse not to swap it as the box functions fine other than this one problem

problem being i cannot get it to flash while in PRESS STOP DHCP MODE, or even signing a static ip to it, it wont flash via browser, only way is serial

the other dm800 i got from him flashes fine via browser

so you can imagine he wont be very helpful like some other sellers out there

Oops.. I just ordered an 800HD from them and it's supposed to be dispatched tomorrow by parcelforce..
I have booked a day off thursday in anticipation of going to the local parcelforce depot and collecting it...
If it hasn't shown by then I will be a bit upset to say the least. I also got a good price to add in the cable tuner module. No other official distributors seem to be holdnig 800's at the moment so choice of my source was limited..
I'll keep y'all posted..

:s:

mickz
23rd February, 2009, 07:57 PM
Hi all,
Like your good selves i too have been hunting around for a DM800 (not clone) and emailed Satstore last week regarding stock.

The response was that stock was expected by the latter half of this week (w /c 23/02).

We shall wait and see , Hope this helps.
Mickz

cauliflower69
23rd February, 2009, 08:49 PM
satstore is a good bit more expensive than others

399.00 GBP

=

454.595 EUR

compared to hm-sat.de that shows 429.

I know that shipping is a factor but the base price is 25 euro in the difference.

Curious123
23rd February, 2009, 10:18 PM
I brought my dm600 from satstore and never had any hassle. If I was going to buy a dm800 I don't think I could trust anyone other than satstore.

cauliflower69
23rd February, 2009, 11:39 PM
I brought my dm600 from satstore and never had any hassle. If I was going to buy a dm800 I don't think I could trust anyone other than satstore.

good point m8 and as i said before customer service is key.

Might give him a ring tomorrow and see what he says.

Curious123
24th February, 2009, 11:20 AM
good point m8 and as i said before customer service is key.

Might give him a ring tomorrow and see what he says.

His name is Mark Hemmings nice bloke. I talked him into giving me a discount for my dm600 for being a DW member and saved a few quid on delivery as well by picking up the box.

tomcat415
24th February, 2009, 04:17 PM
got my dm7025 from satstore about 3 years ago worked like a charm very helpful and answers emails toooooo :call: shame they never had the dm8000 in

techmob
24th February, 2009, 04:37 PM
i spoke to mark at satstore when the dm800 were in short supply, he didnt have it in stock

but he was very helpful and sounded a nice guy, i would of used him and would probably use him in the future

alunfennell
24th February, 2009, 04:41 PM
I got my Dreambox DM 600 S with 160 GB hardrive in silver for Euro 268.00 from Germany, I was some what reluctant to buy over sea's but I in all fairness it was so good I bought another one shortly after.

MY-Solution.de - for my entertainment (http://www.my-solution.de/index.php?show=quicksearch&quicksearch=8971&click_count=4&Artikel_ID=8971&details=8971)

The problem with these receivers is like some of you have touched on is there are a few different versions of the Dreambox 600 as they are built by different out sourced companys which source different vendors for the parts needed to build these receivers.

On top of that Shenzhen in China are banging out thousands of these receivers every month and are flooding the European market, you can even buy directly online from these manufacture in China & even in bulk if you want to resell on the likes of Flebay.

http://images.google.co.uk/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://img.alibaba.com/photo/213649496/Dreambox_600_High_solution_Satellite_Receiver_Drea mBox_600PVR_DM_600.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHYh-WjTfc1ptkxQGH5KbPkwN1Mvw

Regards:
Alun

tomcat415
24th February, 2009, 04:42 PM
bakerk,the first email from Dream Multimedia GmbH was 19/02/009 i'd like to apologize for the inconvenience you've had.
If you still have the box, i can offer you to send it directly to us for
fixing.
Please fill out the added service-paper and send the box to us with a copy of
the invoice
by the 24/02/09 i got this from Dream Multimedia GmbH, thanks for your message.
Our technicians will take care for a repair as soon as possible,
all i can say is the responce is fast (no take this out no take that out no send the box to the moon and wait ) one point in sending the dm8000 to Dream Multimedia they will tell me if this is a beta box, after all what sms said in emails i dont trust them
the cost was ?34 pounds used creditcard to pay insurance with goods and post office standed insurance so if it gets lost am coverd with credit card and post office toooo

cauliflower69
24th February, 2009, 05:50 PM
Right for anyone interested in an ORIGINAL dm800 HD go over as far as h**p://www.southernsat.co.uk/index.php?l=product_detail&p=21

I have dealt with this guy a load of times and hes always come up trumps. I didnt think he stocked dreambox 800's but now he does.

Happy days ;)

tomcat415
25th February, 2009, 03:29 PM
thanks for the link cauliflower69 can come in handy as a mate of mine is looking in to getting one hes got the skybox and was looking in to getting hotbird too with his skybox but realy the skybox is only ment for astra ya you can pick up some channels
from hotbird but not full range with even two lnbs

cauliflower69
26th February, 2009, 02:39 AM
Thats because sky only use s/r (symbol rate) of 22000 and 27500 so limited range when blind scanning

westkill
23rd March, 2009, 08:34 AM
If your on about smsdreambox shop they are the real thing m8 i know max and he has been on dreams site for a long time as a dealer they might be doing there site up i use max all the time and all his stuff is 100% real stuff , ill ask him why he is not on there site as i have to get a 100 for a friend to see why he is not on there site anymore

is this the same max_gee on this site :)
thanks
westkill :)

^^MaXiMo II^^
23rd March, 2009, 01:10 PM
Hi guys please do not consider this a spam but im involved in this shop HQ satellite (http://www.hqsatellite.com) and we only deal with DreamMultimedia an Duolabs so all here is original products and a lot of pieces in stock for a quick delivery so please if someone interested let me know im sure we can sort some discount for DK members
regards

ces
23rd March, 2009, 10:38 PM
Another 1 to try is h**p://ctecuk.com/ only original items there

ces

smith
4th September, 2009, 01:26 PM
Bought an original DM800 with a DVBC tuner from HM Sat in Germany (h**ps://www.hm-sat-shop.de) it was 431 Euro including delivery and a 4% credit card surcharge (415 Euro paying up front). As my bank doesn't charge an exchange rate this worked out to be ?368. A significant saving on UK dealers, although Satellite Superstore (h**ttp://www.satellitesuperstore.com/) who do originals have just dropped prices to ?400 delivered.

The unit arrived within about four days and HM sat didn't ship the unit with a SATA cable, but after emailing them, they sent one out in the post. However this took a while but they did as they said, so I can't complain about the service so far.

I paid ?290 delivered for a Clone DM800S in December 08 and when I started looking for a DM800C clone I couldn't even find one. Given the price difference, I would no longer consider a clone.

Also be Warned, if like me you want to run two DM800s side by side, really you need to reprogramme the remote to stop conflicts (use a JP1.2 cable). The clone remote did NOT support this, the original works great with this, it also feels much better quality.

smith
4th September, 2009, 03:27 PM
?215? New?? I haven't seen one for that price anywhere and I certainly haven't seen a clone DM800C that is IN STOCK. Do you have a link?

I have both, and happy with them, it was the clone that prompted me to buy a second. But as I said, I would have a problem running the two together without the original remote. ?80 difference wasn't worth it for me.

tim browne
9th November, 2009, 03:33 AM
My friend buy a DM800-s HD from , it works like a dream!!! i love it so much, I buy and pay via paypal. it is very safe. All function the same to the real dm800hd, why don't you like it?:dancing2::dancing2::dancing2:

cauliflower69
9th November, 2009, 05:02 AM
My friend buy a DM800-s HD from lunashops.com , it works like a dream!!! i love it so much, I buy and pay via paypal. it is very safe. All function the same to the real dm800hd, why don't you like it?:dancing2::dancing2::dancing2:

ADVERTISEMENT ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eczilla
9th March, 2010, 07:26 PM
Another 1 to try is h**p://ctecuk.com/ only original items there

ces
Stay well clear i bought a dm500 clone off him it lasted 4 hours then packed up now its useless and he wont change it

handymanny
11th March, 2010, 09:15 PM
dreamboxshop.co.uk for ?389.99 and next day delivery for ?10. I got mine from there.

KMM
15th March, 2010, 12:50 AM
h**p://www.dreamboxshop.co.uk dont buy from dreamboxshop.co.uk i got the DM8000 from them
box arrived one one screw missing at the back one screw forced in The box sometimes refuses to boot and the box locks up when a cam is inserted i.e. my zeta cam or Diablo cam is inserted when put in one other dm8000 it works fine i opend the box to put hdd in and as you can see from the photo the chip inside looks burnt i asked for a replacement all i got from them is everyone is happy with there dm8000 ?
again i asked for a replacement they said i should take chip out and send it to dream media ?
manufacturer

I have got my Dm500hd from -dreamboxshop uk my invoice number is 27451 that means that they have 27451 satisfied customers and you are the only 1/2 who sent the box to them twice duablo cam could have a virus which most of cams have because people keep on loading and updating them
the DM500HD came next day very fast service. I have been buying my dreambox?s from them for many years. I have been to their place a few times and have had coffee with them. I had one of my friend dreambox repaired through them and they sent it to dream multimedia and got it fixed .
he is very happy with the service that he received . have you got your box back from dream multimedia and how long did it take.
whatever is the shipping cost to DMM , send the bill to max and he always send you a cheque, do let me know. I will email him as well he is a great guy
thanks

ces
4th August, 2010, 11:32 AM
Stay well clear i bought a dm500 clone off him it lasted 4 hours then packed up now its useless and he wont change it

You were sent a replacement of which you stated that you didnt need as you found out it was the power supply causing the problem & not the unit so there for you have 2 units for the price of one. You tried to contact me via msn & blag another psu for the receiver of which I gave you a price for but you wanted it for nothing. I there-fore request you straighten out your comment.

ces