PDA

View Full Version : Craig Levein

johnboy1974
27th May, 2012, 02:42 PM
After last nights humiliation by the USA, is it time to say goodbye to Craig Levein?.
I would say that he should have been sacked when he sent out a 5-5-0 formation a few years back and then tried to justify it. As a replacement I would go for Paul lambert or ask Water Smith again.

SIMPLY THE BEST
27th May, 2012, 02:48 PM
After last nights humiliation by the USA, is it time to say goodbye to Craig Levein?.
I would say that he should have been sacked when he sent out a 5-5-0 formation a few years back and then tried to justify it. As a replacement I would go for Paul lambert or ask Water Smith again.

Aye after the Czech game that was it for me wen he put 10 men behind the ball, and the USA result just shows not much has changed in terms of Results ok only a friendly but 5-1 in a friendly is still a bad result.

southpaw83
27th May, 2012, 08:13 PM
He's clueless, he should get the bullet for sure. Not sure who would take the job, it's hardly tempting, either Smith or Strachan are the most likely options, guys like Lambert wouldn't touch it with a bargepole

SIMPLY THE BEST
27th May, 2012, 08:45 PM
He's clueless, he should get the bullet for sure. Not sure who would take the job, it's hardly tempting, either Smith or Strachan are the most likely options, guys like Lambert wouldn't touch it with a bargepole

Dunno why but i think leveins a bit of a puppet for the SFA a yes sir 3 bags full sir sorta guy.

skegsagypsy
27th May, 2012, 08:50 PM
Strachan would be excellent but would he take it ?

SIMPLY THE BEST
27th May, 2012, 08:57 PM
Strachan would be excellent but would he take it ?

Don't see any reason why strachan would not take it i think Scotland has a few decent young players coming through and i would think he would take it if offered

zee24
27th May, 2012, 09:07 PM
Gordon Strachan probably would go for the job and get the job, i think Walter Smith should be apart of the Scottish FA, they should give him a big role somewhere like Trevor Brooking does with the English FA but let someone else manage if they got rid of Leveign.

skegsagypsy
27th May, 2012, 09:11 PM
I dont think he would take it (Strachan) as I feel he has a lot to offer at club level though I do feel the Scotland job would be ideal for him. As for Walter Smith surely given the current problems with his previous club, an offer of a job at the SFA is unlikely if not impossible.

cgscott
29th May, 2012, 06:20 PM
I dont think he would take it (Strachan) as I feel he has a lot to offer at club level though I do feel the Scotland job would be ideal for him. As for Walter Smith surely given the current problems with his previous club, an offer of a job at the SFA is unlikely if not impossible.

What problems? Turns out thing are looking better everyday. Back to the SFA we go. How dare they do illegal and unlawfull things to the mighty rangers :) :barscarf:

Hoppy01
29th May, 2012, 09:17 PM

A can never forgive him for that mate, here was a chance to scare the shit out of the opposition and field a couple of hungry unknowns that their coach wouldn't know, instead he sent the message that he was going for a draw.

SIMPLY THE BEST made a good point about him being a puppet, a think he's a ~~~~in Roxburgh clone..