PDA

View Full Version : DM500HD problem - 2 boxes

joaquimjssoares
27th May, 2012, 05:03 PM
Hi friends,

First I need to say that I am a complete newbie in this world. I've bought 2 years ago a DM800 with a DE blackhole image and CCCAM already installed and never had one single problem. I have 2 lnbs in DiSeq 1.1 and everything was configured and worked 100%.

As I moved home, I decided to buy the DM500HD so I could have tv in 2 rooms at the same time.

The problem I am having is the following:

- Both boxes work very well if at least one of them is not running the CCAM.
- As soon as I initiate the CCAM in both, one of the boxes (always the DM800) loses one of the the satellite signal. The other satellite works ok, and in both boxes I have image. The satellite configured as LNB1 is lost.

Do you guys know the reason for this? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

JS

gemihema
27th May, 2012, 05:30 PM
Hi friends,

First I need to say that I am a complete newbie in this world. I've bought 2 years ago a DM800 with a DE blackhole image and CCCAM already installed and never had one single problem. I have 2 lnbs in DiSeq 1.1 and everything was configured and worked 100%.

As I moved home, I decided to buy the DM500HD so I could have tv in 2 rooms at the same time.

The problem I am having is the following:

- Both boxes work very well if at least one of them is not running the CCAM.
- As soon as I initiate the CCAM in both, one of the boxes (always the DM800) loses one of the the satellite signal. The other satellite works ok, and in both boxes I have image. The satellite configured as LNB1 is lost.

Do you guys know the reason for this? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

JS
hi m8 what do you mean as soon as you initiate the cccam in both the dm 800 losses signal ??
the cam shouldn't effect the satellite please do duble check your tuner conections and confg

joaquimjssoares
27th May, 2012, 05:56 PM
Hi there, thanks for your quick reply.

In fact although I don't really understand much about it, I thought it was strange too. When I initiate the CAM (blue button and chose CAM) the second box satellite signal is lost. If I set it back to None, the signal is back to the second box.

Can it be related with the configuration of the DiSeq? I have a 2 way splitter to send the signal to both boxes.

Thanks once again.

JS

joaquimjssoares
27th May, 2012, 07:02 PM
After have read some info on the net, I think I found the solution to my problem.

The problem (I think)is that I have a single diseqc and I'm trying to control it from 2 different receivers. In fact I was wrong when previously I said that the signal was lost when I turn the CAM on. The signal is lost when I change the channel in one of the boxes. It works fine if I'm watching the same channel in both boxes (sometimes it works for some reason - maybe same transponder? - for different channels) but as soon as I try to watch different satellites, it stops working on the other receiver.

Solution? I think I have to go with 2 diseqc switches.

Hope this can help somone in the future.

JS

plasterer
27th May, 2012, 07:26 PM
Do you have to seperate lines mate
As you cant run the same line on 2 boxes at the same time
Hope this helps ............Paul

joaquimjssoares
28th May, 2012, 06:34 PM
yes I do have 2 lines. I've ordered a second diseqc on the net and will update this topic with the results.

Thanks

JS

joaquimjssoares
26th December, 2012, 08:45 PM
A bit out of time, but just wanted to let everyone know that with the second diseqc everything worked.

Thanks for all the replies.

Cheers.

JS