PDA

View Full Version : where can i buy a arnett box

linford
26th January, 2009, 06:38 PM
hi guys where can i buy a arnett box there are none left thanks linford

bugaloo41
26th January, 2009, 06:56 PM
Linford if there are none left how can you buy one? LOL

They seem to be very difficult to get. One of the other posters indicated that a new box was on the horizon but it was an HD version.

reddabbadoo
27th January, 2009, 08:14 AM
hi got mine from my cable box if that helps ....dave

DW190
27th January, 2009, 09:25 PM
One of the other posters indicated that a new box was on the horizon but it was an HD version.

Errrrm, yes there is a new box in the pipeline but I think your mistaken about it being a HD version. The box is in trial stage at the moment with the firmware being tested for glitches. There are still some issues as with any new venture.

What I can confirm is that the picture quality is good. The menus are the same as the current Arnet and the epg is improved.

The design of the box is vastly improved. Smaller, Slimmer with Black Case with Silver buttons.

My own opinion of the current Arnet is that its looks are a little dated. (who looks at the box when the programmes on?) other than that its been the best box I have had with the exception of the Dbox but they are slowly burning out with age and are complicated compared to more recent boxes..

bugaloo41
29th January, 2009, 06:11 PM
Cheers DW.

I like the arnet box as well although I use it in my sons room - my preference is the dreambox. Like you had just about every box you can get but of the plug and play type this is my favourite.

I was surprised when I heard thaat it was an HD box. I cant see why anyone would but on to be honest. 1 channel for a few hundred quid more than the SD?!