PDA

View Full Version : Got a parking ticket while changing tyre

Devilfish
8th May, 2008, 05:27 PM
You're not going to believe this...

Was talking to my sister today and she was telling me how she got a puncture this morning. She managed to move the car off the road and phoned her boyfriend to come and change it (typical woman lol). While he had the car up on the jack and was taking the tyre off, a traffic warden came over and gave them a ticket. The boyfriend was furious shouting at him calling him everything under the sun but all he could say was 'you're illegally parked'. What an asshole. He took the alloy and went and got a new tyre and it's back on the road now. She took the ticket to the local council office and told the girl behind the desk the story, she was also shocked and told them not to worry, they wouldn't be paying it and she was reporting the warden.

I couldn't believe it. It's a good thing it wasn't me or I think I'd be up in court for GBH instead of a traffic violation.

Ham
8th May, 2008, 05:45 PM
Crazy!

At least the madness seems confined to just the warden.

DBO
8th May, 2008, 06:00 PM
i bet it left her all deflated :roflmao:

Devilfish
8th May, 2008, 06:06 PM
i bet it left her all deflated :roflmao:

Oh dear! Not sure about that but she was tired when it was over!

DBO
8th May, 2008, 06:11 PM
Oh dear! Not sure about that but she was tired when it was over!

hehe it's getting worse this.....next time she will have to TREAD more carefully :aetsch:

Devilfish
8th May, 2008, 06:12 PM
I will tell you this, they were very jacked off with the whole incident!

smirnoff_rules
8th May, 2008, 06:13 PM
its a shame traffic wardens r like that l bet she felt the pressure

thommo
8th May, 2008, 07:01 PM
traffic wardens/parking assistants all the same...id have belted him.

i had a hilter "asshat" the other week, no ticket but i went and parked in the local complex while our lass went in to collect a pizza from the hut, no spaces at all so i parked engine running outside the place as she was in and out to collect it, tosser comes and taps on the window, "move the car" i said you what "move the car"

where exactly?? into a parking space he said,

~~~~ off i said can you see a parking space? and im not parking im waiting,

your in a pedestrian zone.

am i ~~~~ in a pedestrian zone, so he point to a sign that im just outside of,

so i in my polite voice told him where to go and the difference between being in a pedestrian zone and just outside one and the difference between parking and waiting in my usual calm manner, even warned him if he tapped my window again id get out and tap his head.

he walked lol, but not before i called him a ~~~~ing jobsworth at the top of my voice in front of all his younger warden pals,

picked the wrong guy to show off to his young work mates with.

father ted
8th May, 2008, 07:20 PM
id have "blown up" at it all

biffo1
10th May, 2008, 09:25 PM
and u wonder why they get so much of a buse , no nead, there was a good reason for being there ,