PDA

View Full Version : TECHNOMATE TMS-1500 CI+

spookymulder
26th January, 2009, 09:29 PM
Hi just bought this box off ebay TECHNOMATE TMS-1500 CI+

i have just plugged it into my sat dish , the thing is i am getting signals from other sats.. good strengh, but when i select the channel , it just says no audio or video

i dont have any cams , so can only get the free channels at the moment, but cant seem to get any other channels then the sky freeview channels

do i need to get the latest patch for this , the seller said it was patched over a year ago

i have not changed my sat dish , just the normal sat dish , 60cm dish lined up to get my sky subscription, but can get signals from other satalites..

Please could anybody advise what i need next to get the most from this box...

Dish size ... what new patches...what cams do i need , cards etc

any advice please :)

benny/9
26th January, 2009, 10:05 PM
Hi just bought this box off ebay TECHNOMATE TMS-1500 CI+

i have just plugged it into my sat dish , the thing is i am getting signals from other sats.. good strengh, but when i select the channel , it just says no audio or video

i dont have any cams , so can only get the free channels at the moment, but cant seem to get any other channels then the sky freeview channels

do i need to get the latest patch for this , the seller said it was patched over a year ago

i have not changed my sat dish , just the normal sat dish , 60cm dish lined up to get my sky subscription, but can get signals from other satalites..

Please could anybody advise what i need next to get the most from this box...

Dish size ... what new patches...what cams do i need , cards etc

any advice please :)
if the dish is fixed on astra 2 at 28e you will only get the
free to air channels on that satellite with or without a patch on it the sky channels only open with a official paid subscription for there service, as for getting signals from other satellites you are not. the receiver is making you think your getting signals from different satellites, most of the
satellites use the same frequencies so the signals are from astra 28e only now to get the best from a receiver you need a dish of 80cm or above and get a motor fitted so you can then get most satellites from 42e to 45w and a diablo cam is the best cam to get extra chns open, but first sort a
motorised system out and get all the sats and chns scan in then we will help you with patching etc:

spookymulder
26th January, 2009, 10:15 PM
thanks for the advice , i will look into the motor dish set up
i will also buy a diablo cam , do i need viewing cards for this cam, if so i really want to view football and movies
please advise

thanks again

benny/9
26th January, 2009, 10:25 PM
thanks for the advice , i will look into the motor dish set up
i will also buy a diablo cam , do i need viewing cards for this cam, if so i really want to view football and movies
please advise

thanks again
no mate the cam holds the file and opens the channels
and you will get lots of film sport discovery cartoon adult
mostly in english from thor 1w satellite plus other channels
from other satellites thats why the motorised system is best
you will also need a cas3 programmer to load the cam files
but first get the system set up and get the free to air chns open
then the rest can follow for getting the chns open

spookymulder
26th January, 2009, 11:02 PM
right i need this cam , plus i need cas3 programmer , to update the cam with the latest software

been looking around for somebody to set up a moterised system for me

so far the price people are asking is 300.00 - 375.00

is this a fair price or should i shop around , dont want to get stung , how much is the set up of this type of dish roughly

thanks again

.: JaCkPoT :.
27th January, 2009, 12:03 AM
For the meanwhile i would get a fixed dish at 1west with a tm5400and diablo cam..this will currently get you two premier league showing packages with over 8channels for the FOOTY on a saturday..

spookymulder
27th January, 2009, 12:26 AM
what sat is that pointing at ,, and what channels have the footie on

sorry , clueless ... thanks again

27th January, 2009, 01:25 AM
Intelsat1west digitv and .8west thor..
Can be picked up with one dish and use liveonsat for FOOTY listings

benny/9
27th January, 2009, 01:06 PM
right i need this cam , plus i need cas3 programmer , to update the cam with the latest software

is this a fair price or should i shop around , dont want to get stung , how much is the set up of this type of dish roughly

thanks again
first dont limit yourself to one satellite things change very fast
in this hobby and you could be left needing the dish moving again
i would get the system motorised then you will be future proof for all the satellites and everything that opens. your price to supply a dish and install looks a bit to much, what size dish is this for? and is it a full set up ie: receiver dish lnb cable fitted and the receiver sats and chns scanned in. even if it is i would certainly get on the net and google for satellite installers in your erea, i still think you can get a better price for a motorised set up
or if your near the north west erea of the uk give this a call for a price 0151 707 2812

27th January, 2009, 05:01 PM
Benny..i was just suggesting the fixed dish if the op didnt have that much to spend..
Look at wizard sat or tringsat for you motor,dish,receiver etc and then you could get a seperate installer..it might work out cheaper..

LEARNER
5th February, 2009, 11:34 AM
Great Reading
Many Thanks From Learner.

jjjj1577
12th February, 2009, 01:27 AM

thanks again

I know someone in NW that paid ?375 for full motorised system but this hobby as always been about initial layout and then following the forums like this one. If you want cheap then you can just buy 80 to 100cm dish to add to the TM1500 and fix it on 0.8/1w and then put latest patch on TM1500 and you will get a lot for no money at all. But if you want to follow this hobby I would get motorised with 1mtr dish and Diablo cam but again it all depends on your pocket. Read round the forums and ask questions, people are there to help you. ENJOY IT.

Manic01
13th February, 2009, 06:07 PM
Tringsat is owned by Alsat

14th February, 2009, 12:33 AM
Tringsat is owned by Alsat

???Really???? i have spoke to their manager a few times since tringsat opened...i shall ask him...thnx didnt know that...