PDA

View Full Version : Views on ViX 2.4

garry1312
30th May, 2012, 08:37 PM
Wondering who has tried it, what your views are on it and so on?

I have being using it for the last several days and was not a fan of 2.3 (as many will know).

Picture quality has improved on 2.4, No major changes to the Skin that I have noticed but the changes I have noticed I like such as on the info bar behind the programme name it has a faint progress bar. Also it feels more reliable and stable than 2.3. No crashes as of yet and is very responsive.

Well done to the ViX team, credit were credits due :)

Midnight Rider
30th May, 2012, 10:51 PM
For me the PQ still isn't as good as the CTv5 image which is rock solid.

Now that I've tweaked v5 to mirror the Vix functionality (which I agree is unparrelled) I'm sticking with it.

The CT image needed the multibutton plugin to get the buttons to map well and I installed the CCcaminfo plugin. I also, needed to install the mountmanager plugin to overcome a recording to HDD issue (which I believe has been fixed in the latest update today).

I also prefer the DMConcinnityHD/SR skin to the Vix one.

Anyway, have you compared the PQ on Vix 2.4 to the latest CTv5? What do you think?

blueflash234
31st May, 2012, 09:52 AM
i use v4 and find it a good rock solid image with excellent pq, did not like vix 2.3 either but each to there own

Im85288
31st May, 2012, 10:57 PM
I'm back on vix 2.4, agreed that 2.3 wasn't the best and tried the CT image for a while but for me it was just not as user friendly as vix. 2.4 has in my opinion the best epg guide, in particular the quick guide that comes up to allow you to see what's on without leaving your current channel..much like a sly box. The night skin is great and there's also a new xbmc skin which with a few more improvements could be the best of the lot.

garry1312
1st June, 2012, 02:42 AM
For me the PQ still isn't as good as the CTv5 image which is rock solid.

Now that I've tweaked v5 to mirror the Vix functionality (which I agree is unparrelled) I'm sticking with it.

The CT image needed the multibutton plugin to get the buttons to map well and I installed the CCcaminfo plugin. I also, needed to install the mountmanager plugin to overcome a recording to HDD issue (which I believe has been fixed in the latest update today).

I also prefer the DMConcinnityHD/SR skin to the Vix one.

Anyway, have you compared the PQ on Vix 2.4 to the latest CTv5? What do you think?

No not tried the CTv5 image yet mate as I was not keen on the previous version but will give it a try just got so much going on at the moment and also very busy so ViX is practically ready to go.

I Still dont think compared to my SE that the PQ is as good but a huge improvement over 2.3. Although I think I could improve the PQ as I done so much changes to my PQ settings on my TV trying to get a better PQ out of 2.3 which never happened. So will spend sometime over the weekend and post back on if I get it to a perfect standard. Although it is close.

When I tested other images previously the best PQ was CT's previous image then followed closely by the HDF image.

i use v4 and find it a good rock solid image with excellent pq, did not like vix 2.3 either but each to there own

Loved the PQ on the v4 mate would go as far to say the PQ was outstanding.

I'm back on vix 2.4, agreed that 2.3 wasn't the best and tried the CT image for a while but for me it was just not as user friendly as vix. 2.4 has in my opinion the best epg guide, in particular the quick guide that comes up to allow you to see what's on without leaving your current channel..much like a sly box. The night skin is great and there's also a new xbmc skin which with a few more improvements could be the best of the lot.

Yes was not a fan of 2.3 found the PQ very poor, I found it to crash far too often even take time to load on zapping which I have never occurred on any other E2 image be it on my ET9200 or any other E2 receiver I own.

So far so good with 2.4 not had a single crash, it is running smoothly, fast looks good and if I have guests it is much easier to explain to them how to use it - it is user friendly as you say. Love the new skin not much of a change from the default 2.3 skin but as said like how there is the faint progress bar behind the programme on the info bar.

Would have been nice if it had been released with the new Xtrend drivers also but ViX has said that will come soon.

Also I love the ViX tv guide I said that about 2.3 as well Cool TV Guide is good but does not hold a patch on it in my opinion.

As said finding the PQ very well still not completely up to my standard but as mentioned I changed a lot of the settings on my TV so going to need to go back through them make changes and then I will be able to give a better report on PQ.

The ViX image is fantastic for being user friendly and if you do not want much work to do. I have done all the building a image to suit my needs and standards before. Right now I just do not have that time got stuff going on, got my son half the week and working also.

Also sorry as you mentioned love how from the info bar you can go through the channels or scroll down whats on within that channel. Be nice to see more image's take this on, cant say I use it often myself but like to know its there and others will find it very useful.

blueflash234
14th June, 2012, 11:06 AM
after listening to you guys installed vix 2.4 and must say i really like it much better than 2.3, can you update to the latest drivers through the plugins drivers section???

flyingpig
14th June, 2012, 06:24 PM
It is a lot slower on channel change I find. Other than that - better all round.