PDA

View Full Version : Norwich reject Paul Lamberts offer of resignation

SIMPLY THE BEST
31st May, 2012, 03:53 PM
Paul Lambert offers his resignation amid interest from Aston Villa

Norwich manager Paul Lambert has offered his resignation amid interest from Aston Villa.

But City are not accepting his offer whilst talks with Villa are ongoing.

A club statement said: "The club regrets to confirm that Paul Lambert has offered his resignation from his position as Norwich City manager.

"We have fought hard to keep Paul at Norwich City and have not accepted his resignation whilst discussions with another club are taking place."

Aston Villa are hunting a replacement for Alex McLeish, who departed the club on 14 May after just 11 months in charge having overseen a poor 2011-12 Premier League campaign.

He failed to win over sceptical supporters, many of whom were initially angered by his capture from rivals Birmingham and less than impressed with a record of just four wins in 19 home games. The club spent the final months of the season fearing relegation.

Lambert, who enjoyed spells at Celtic and Borussia Dortmund in his playing days, managed at Wycombe and Colchester before joining Norwich in August 2009.

At the time the Canaries were in League One and reeling from a 7-1 home defeat to Colchester, but Lambert masterminded successive promotions to reach the top flight in his first two seasons in charge.

zee24
31st May, 2012, 05:11 PM
They will have to let him go eventually, when a player or manager is intent on leaving then theres nothing really you can do even if he does have a contract they aint worth the paper they are written on and money talks. Villa will offer a suitable compensation package and Lambert will be a Villa manager by nxt week.

SIMPLY THE BEST
31st May, 2012, 05:17 PM
Dunno if Villa would be my choice i think Lambert will turn out to be a better manager than Rogers.
But you are right contracts aint worth the paper they are written on nowadays.

zee24
31st May, 2012, 05:27 PM
Both Rodgers n Lambert will have to do some wealing dealing as neither managers are going to have huge amounts, ok Rodgers will probably get around 30 mill but with these mega rich clubs nowadays inflating the price of even he average player you don't get much for that.

Both managers will be under alot of pressure tho managing bigger clubs comes the pressure.

johnboy1974
31st May, 2012, 08:14 PM
Wonder how birmingham fans feel about another jock in charge of the team. Very sceptical i would imagine.

mattybhoy
31st May, 2012, 08:37 PM
John, how long ago did we predict that Lambert would be the manager of Villa? I think we mentioned it when the news of Petrov came out? Should have put a bet on...

johnboy1974
1st June, 2012, 12:09 PM
John, how long ago did we predict that Lambert would be the manager of Villa? I think we mentioned it when the news of Petrov came out? Should have put a bet on...

yeah Matty that was a good shout- he deserves a chance at a big club a top man manager and a top man.