PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ duo clone and diseqc 1.2 setup

Gazidoc
31st May, 2012, 04:20 PM
Vu+ duo clone working adequately off an 85cm dish, using the latest VIX image. For the moment I'm using my old humax 5400z to move the dish through a pre-USALS Jaeger superjack DG-120 positioner. Getting a bit fed up with changing receiver just to move the dish though.

I tried using USALS on the duo but it doesn't move the dish. I can move the dish if I go into the positioner settings so I know power is getting to the dish unit side. When I try putting the settings on diseqc 1.2 then nothing moves. There's a bewildering number of options on the diseqc 1.2 setting and I was hoping for some pointers!

BTW, when I exit out of the tuner configuration menu it gives me a further, rather unintelligible menu of options to do with deleting satellite settings (I think). I've been too afraid of pressing the 'yes' option, although I really don't what it's supposed to do! Can anyone interpret for me, please?

digicon
31st May, 2012, 05:40 PM
As you say your motor is Pre-USALS so trying that on the duo will not work full stop, You will have to use Diseqc 1.2 and store every position manually and store it as a Number on the Duo

benny/9
31st May, 2012, 06:19 PM
how to set up diseqc 1.2 motor settings on a vu or dreambox
after you have set the menu's up for a/v tv settings >language >time etc:
then you need to set the tuner up and set the satellites for scanning
or loading your own channel list to save a rescan.
menu >ok set up> ok service searching>ok tuner configuration>ok
then useing left and right buttons set the tuner config mode to advanced
next scroll down and select the satellite you wish to set then scroll down
to lnb click right and set to lnb 1 next down to diseqc mode>click right
and set it to diseqc 1.2 next scroll down and zero the long/lat settings
now scroll down to the next part of the panel on [use usuals for this sat]
click right and set to [no] then if like me you search the sats
from west to east set this sat ie: hispasat 30w at number 1 in the
stored position then move back up the list
to satellite and click to change it to the next sat you want to scan
then go back down and set usuals to off and change the sat number to 2
you do this for every sat you want to set and scan. when all are set>click>ok
and on the next panel zap back to service before tuner set up>click.ok and
exit the advanced tuner set up menu.

RuberDuck
31st May, 2012, 06:41 PM
Use this tutorial, it says DM800 but its the same for all E2 boxes.

Gazidoc
31st May, 2012, 08:36 PM
Thanks for your help. Bad news. Just switched on the machine and heard a small bang. There is now a burnt circuit board smell and I have a dead clone.
It looks as though I have other things to do before the above.

:(

RuberDuck
31st May, 2012, 09:17 PM
Thanks for your help. Bad news. Just switched on the machine and heard a small bang. There is now a burnt circuit board smell and I have a dead clone.
It looks as though I have other things to do before the above.

:(

ouch. sounds like your another addition to the dodgy clone, blown PSU club

Gazidoc
1st June, 2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks again, and not in good way :)

I've emailed the shop but I have a feeling that I'm going to have to go through Paypal, judging by other comments on here.

Gazidoc
21st June, 2012, 04:22 PM
I'm back in action. The company sent me a new power board and the receiver is working.....sort of. Thanks for your replies - I followed the instructions to the letter, using Blackhole 1.74 image. Disappointing. I just can't seem to store a single satellite. Each time I go to tune a satellite the receiver appears to lose the signal. In order to get it back I have to turn on my humax, reposition to the satellite and then turn the vu+ back on (positioner switched off). The other problem is that periodically the receiver loses the signal anyway when changing channels & I have to do a hard reset for it to return. I have a feeling this is to do with substandard clone parts rather than a firmware issue but I stand to be corrected. Anyone else with this problem?

cactikid
21st June, 2012, 06:53 PM
hold onto that old psu unit if you still have and upload photos if possible to see if they look the same faulty wet stained ones.

Gazidoc
22nd June, 2012, 11:02 AM
I had to send it back to them for a swap. I did read the findings of others on this board. I have to say mine looked fairly clean. One of the screws on the transistor/heatsink was a bit rusty - the same one that a bit of plastic had come away from. I would agree that the overall construction was not as good as the main board. The replacement looks chunkier, and OLDER so I guess it's come out of another machine ie second hand. There's evidence that it's been repaired.

DOUGALMCD
22nd June, 2012, 12:07 PM
Can you show photo's of this as it may help others. Thanks.

LCWhykiki
5th November, 2012, 03:06 PM
many thanks for the manual, very useful

tinotino12345
14th February, 2013, 08:04 PM
thanks great post thanks