PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy Sii NOT CHARGING

i_shot_the_sheriff
1st June, 2012, 02:13 PM
Hey mates,

My Samsung Galaxy Sii is not charging anymore!! :dong:

Here's the story:
-One day when i was charging i got a message saying voltage is too high.....!
When i disconnected the charger the message persisted! Afte searching on the net a bit i've found that it needs it's connections cleaned! I've cleaned the charger's and my phone's connections and the message went away! Yeahhhhh found!

- After 4 days... :hmpf:
I've noticed that the phone is NOT charging at all!
The icon of the battery shows that it's charging but it's not!!
I've tried to clean it again but nothing.....
Anyway, the battery is drained now and i got NO phone!

I've ordered another charger from ebay and i'm waiting for it....
Anyway,, i think that i don't like a particular pin from my charger... i think it's dislocated... i haven't noticed how it was before but i have that idea in my mind,,,

What do you think? Is it the battery?

P.S.
Yes, i have updated my phone to the latest android version but this was before 2 or even 3 weeks...

Any help appreciated! :)

Canker_Canison
4th June, 2012, 12:38 AM
First off, try the replacement charger when you get it... or use any micro USB data cable & a PC.

If it shows as charging, fine. If not your next step is to try another battery, or put your battery in a desktop charger. This will tell you if your battery is accepting a charge or not.

Last option, and thank samsung for using their heads... The charge port is on a seperate board that can be replaced. It's not a hard job & it only costs about ?6 on ebay.

If a new charger, new battery & a new charge port all fail. Buy a desktop charger. There are a few out there, but I prefer the one's that will charge any li-ion/li-ploy battery.

S2 Charge port (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-SAMSUNG-S2-i9100-GALAXY-INNER-USB-CHARGING-PORT-MIC-FLEX-PART-/251069751004?pt=UK_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3a74ec5edc)

Universal Charger (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Universal-Mobile-Phone-Camera-Battery-Charger-LCD-Screen-USB-Port-UK-/280789469436?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccesso ries_MobilePhoneChargers&hash=item41605b48fc)

i_shot_the_sheriff
5th June, 2012, 05:42 PM
Indeed!
The problem was the charger,,, i'm charging it via my pc for now until i get the charger

THank you!!!

pflame
8th June, 2012, 12:21 PM
Return it my friend its to early to be giving you problems.