PDA

View Full Version : Will Galletto write the eprom

Mjolinor
2nd June, 2012, 11:42 AM
I tried asking this in my smart car thread but got no replies.

I can read the Flash (in boot mode), write the Flash in normal mode, read the eprom in normal mode but I cannot write the 24C02 in any mode.

I jsut need to know if it is possible. A simple "I've never managed it" will do if no one knows for sure.

filecloud
2nd June, 2012, 01:57 PM
I tried asking this in my smart car thread but got no replies.

I can read the Flash (in boot mode), write the Flash in normal mode, read the eprom in normal mode but I cannot write the 24C02 in any mode.

I jsut need to know if it is possible. A simple "I've never managed it" will do if no one knows for sure.

Hello
It is not possible with the tools you have, you can only use it for backup purpose. If you fry the box you need to restore a matching set of flash+eeprom. Flash with toolbox (or soldering) and the eeprom only with soldering.
greetings,
filecloud

Mjolinor
2nd June, 2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks for that. I think I only need to erase it anyway as I can use the DAS to attach it to a car anyway.

filecloud
2nd June, 2012, 04:33 PM
Thanks for that. I think I only need to erase it anyway as I can use the DAS to attach it to a car anyway.
No. You think wrong. A virgin eeprom is not empty. And it also has a checksum that has to match the flash content checksum.

Mjolinor
2nd June, 2012, 04:40 PM
No. You think wrong. A virgin eeprom is not empty. And it also has a checksum that has to match the flash content checksum.

Hmm, yet again a bum steer due to Google :)

Mjolinor
15th August, 2012, 06:26 PM
Should I be able to write the Flash in boot mode?