PDA

View Full Version : Power Shower Pump Gone AGAIN

Evastar
2nd June, 2012, 06:24 PM
I have a Mira Power Shower in the bathroom, it's plumbed directly into the hot water cylinder, anyway there seems to be a problem with air in the pipes and two pumps have burnt out already.

Got a plumber around and he said to get a new shower, and was saying i need some work done on feed from cylinder to stop air being sucked in, does that make sense to anyone, as i haven't a clue what he's talking about?

gizmo.1484
2nd June, 2012, 06:37 PM
I have a Mira Power Shower in the bathroom, it's plumbed directly into the hot water cylinder, anyway there seems to be a problem with air in the pipes and two pumps have burnt out already.

Got a plumber around and he said to get a new shower, and was saying i need some work done on feed from cylinder to stop air being sucked in, does that make sense to anyone, as i haven't a clue what he's talking about?

That sounds 100% to me as it sounds like you need a non/return valve on your hot water feed, to stop the air been sucked in from your vent pipe at the expansion tank.
If you get the air problem sorted then a new pump is all you need not a new shower...

cactikid
2nd June, 2012, 07:34 PM
strange one i presume you have a cold water tank feeding your copper cylinder as when you use hot water tank in roof refills cylinder,both my triton and mira showers are tank fed from cold water not mains connected.

DOUGALMCD
3rd June, 2012, 01:00 PM
Maybe this will shed some light on situation.http://www.diydata.com/plumbing/power_shower/power_shower_fit.php
I would always prefer to be on mains as these days your water very rarely gets cut off.

Evastar
3rd June, 2012, 05:05 PM
we have two showers, one a Triton electric shower that heats the water itself, and thb i'm not that impressed with the water pressure in it. Then again our water pressure around here is pretty bad most of the time.

The power shower in the bathroom is much better, but it uses hot water from the tank and that's the one that keeps giving problems. I think might as well get a new shower at this stage, no point replacing the pump yet again.

Thanks guys, just wanted to check what he was saying about the valve from cylinder was correct, as sometimes these guys try to rip you off.

gizmo.1484
3rd June, 2012, 06:14 PM
we have two showers, one a Triton electric shower that heats the water itself, and thb i'm not that impressed with the water pressure in it. Then again our water pressure around here is pretty bad most of the time.

The power shower in the bathroom is much better, but it uses hot water from the tank and that's the one that keeps giving problems. I think might as well get a new shower at this stage, no point replacing the pump yet again.

Thanks guys, just wanted to check what he was saying about the valve from cylinder was correct, as sometimes these guys try to rip you off.

Electric showers are ok but the pressure are not that tough when you want them quiet hot. So if you are looking to replace the power shower with a electric one make sure you go for a 10.5kw or 10.8kw. As you will still get good pressure at high temp.

manster
3rd June, 2012, 06:31 PM
A surrey flange on your hot water tank should solve the problem .

xraydelta101
4th June, 2012, 12:53 PM
trust me mate you will always get probs with shower pumps sum only last a year if that fitted loads

trent1579
7th June, 2012, 01:10 PM
the circulating pump needs positioning correctly