PDA

View Full Version : Vu+DuoV2 Vix 2.3 Kernel 3.11 Freeze/Reboot on channel stream

nimo
3rd June, 2012, 08:44 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a Vu+Duo v2 with Vix 2.3.153 image (kernel 3.11)
Internal harddrive of 500gb (old Sky HD for record and timeshift)
External Harddrive of 2TB as Media Player via the box (also for XBMC on PC)
USB for Picons and EPG
CCCam 2.3.0_1.0, mgcamd 1.35a_1.0-r3 and Oscam 1.00.5953_1.0
WebInterface and OpenWebIf addon (for channel access and stream)
Original Power cable as well as Sky power cable (both works)

The box is brand new and works great (so far on FTA channels)
My only problem is that when streaming the channels on lets say, my Iphone4S , my Touchpad or my SGS2), or on the PC/laptop the box freezes, the actual channel it was on (on the box) still works but no way to change, switch off or anything, the VIX log (rotating) appear on the top left corner and the only way to get the box back to working order, it needs to be fully switched off (power off then on via power switch at the back)

It seems something to do with the stream, maybe when I try to exit from the stream or close the app (iphone or touchpad) it crashes (there is no error message, no logs, just crash)
Also the same problem appear when the box is in standby mode, streaming causes issue..

I have tried to reimage but same problem
Do you think another image might be better like VTI or BlackHole or else?

Did anyone of you experience the same issue or know how to overcome this?

Please assist if possible

Regards
Nimo

RuberDuck
3rd June, 2012, 09:32 PM
try with the ViX 2.4 image as we no longer support, update nor maintain ViX 2.3.

nimo
3rd June, 2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks, will it work also on vu+duo v2?

nimo
3rd June, 2012, 10:50 PM
Is it safe to use the latest build (beta 143) os best flash with original build 96?

Of course all beta re not safe but in case some of you already tested and recommend it?

nimo
5th June, 2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks everyone,

I am now on Vix 2.4, latest build (143) and the stream is playing correctly for all (via different medium) apart from the xbmc one, it works but as soon as I stop the stream in the iphone, it crashes the box, freeze (current channel works but cant change anything, no logs created, maybe need to leave the box for sometime to get them)

So far, XBMC on PC, WebInterface as well as OpenWefIf, DreamBox (on iPhone4s), DreamDroid and Daroon on android (Touchpad and SGS2) are playing fine!!

Could this be an issue of what interface is used (WebInterface or OpenWebIf)?
The new vix 2.3 as well as 2.4 are using the OpenWebIf but WebInterface should also be ok? Maybe not compabible with certain device or port..

Regards
Nimo

dell_xps
5th June, 2012, 08:06 PM
Remember m8 you can only stream 1 HD channel or 2 SD channels without any problems.
HTH

dell_xps
5th June, 2012, 08:11 PM
What app you using for the iphone m8 ?, is it jailbroken ?

dell_xps
5th June, 2012, 08:13 PM
Also hows the Vu connected to your network, wifi, home plugs, lan etc etc ?
Is yer Vu a clone ?

nimo
5th June, 2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks!

I didnt know about the channel stream capability (1HD or 2SD)
I would check this next time!

Its an Iphone4s, yes its jailbroken.
I am using xbmc but I found DreamBox to work better now with th Vu+duo

Its a clone yes, v2 so new kernel and new image supported

Edit: connected via LAN

dell_xps
5th June, 2012, 08:51 PM
Have you tried the Vu's player iphone prog ?, might help you from crashing, what version of Dreambox are you using on yer iphone ?
PS mines is jailbroken so is my ipad, use same progs on both, never crashed once :-), genuine Duo and Ultimo :-)

dell_xps
5th June, 2012, 08:53 PM
If you cant find the Vu+ player for iphone I have the ipa, just give me somewhere to upload it to m8.
HTH

nimo
5th June, 2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks mate,

I have so far no problem with dreambox app but XBMC is the one crashing on me when exiting from a stream

I send you a pm about the vu player app :)

Thanks in advance!

nimo
7th June, 2012, 10:27 AM
If you cant find the Vu+ player for iphone I have the ipa, just give me somewhere to upload it to m8.
HTH

Hi Mate, could you check your pm and send me the ipa please

Thanks!

dell_xps
7th June, 2012, 12:14 PM
Hi Mate, could you check your pm and send me the ipa please

Thanks!

Sent PM today m8, enjoy !!

nimo
7th June, 2012, 03:31 PM
Got it, thanks!

All these apps have similar Interface (VU+ Player, DreamBox and iStreamGate)

dell_xps
7th June, 2012, 05:40 PM
Dont have istreamgate m8, I use dreambox all the time, Vu player is just dreambox but different skin more or less :-)