PDA

View Full Version : Golf Balls

skegsagypsy
3rd June, 2012, 09:56 PM
Just watching the Memorial tournament and was moved to stick a post here after being bombarded with ads for golf balls proclaiming to improve ones game (load of nonsense) anyway I thought, what golf ball do you prefer and why ?

I usually don't need to buy balls I've a few m8s who are greenkeepers and they keep me well supplied, but when I buy new balls I go for Dunlop or Nike (Sainsburys do a great deal on the Nike ball) and the Dunlop because its soft and cheap and travels a mile lol plus if I lose it it doesn't hurt so bad ???

andy91
3rd June, 2012, 10:03 PM
Im lucky cos where i play people lose shit loads.
I must have hundreds and give all my topflites dunlops away lol
Cant beat Titleist Pro V or Bridgstone Tour B330 series lovely soft quality ball but any premium ball are good.
Weird cos i hate to play woth new balls in fear of losing them,

Andy.

skegsagypsy
3rd June, 2012, 10:08 PM
Can't stand Pro v1 balls, they take far too much spin and unless hit spot on (Which aint gonna happen with my swing lol) the go haywire, Dunlop balls don't get the recognition they deserve!

maca
3rd June, 2012, 10:09 PM
I cant even hit the ~~~~in ball dunno about swerve lol

skegsagypsy
3rd June, 2012, 10:22 PM
Maca try putting Davy Moyes face on it, guarantee you'll hit it a mile lol

cgscott
3rd June, 2012, 10:24 PM
Callaway golf balls all the way. Best ive played with. Although on bad day any ball comes out the bag after a few strays.

Too many factors when playing golf to blame anything. Give a pro a crap ball and a ?20 driver he/she will till hit it straight.

andy91
3rd June, 2012, 10:27 PM
If your a big slicer or hooker then go for a harder ball like pts solo or any mid range ball.
Most of the game is played on the green so a soft ball all the way for me.
ps did anyone see Tigers flop shot,all the commentators licking his arse now.
Wpoldnt do that with a Dunlop lol
Andy.

skegsagypsy
3rd June, 2012, 10:32 PM
Andy, shot of the tournament, better still tournament winner! Though Luke holing out of the same bunker twice is up there lol

andy91
3rd June, 2012, 10:35 PM
Andy, shot of the tournament, better still tournament winner! Though Luke holing out of the same bunker twice is up there lol

Hes like Marmite you either love him or hate him.
Bit like Man United i hate him lol

Will be good for the game but it amazes me how some of these players play into his hands.
Not exactly ripped it up today.
Think Sabatini been a bit unlucky.

Andy.

Wolfpack
3rd June, 2012, 10:35 PM
I feel i could hit the cheap balls just as long as the pro v's. The big difference is the covers. The covers on the cheap balls cut to easy and make the ball a throw away. The pro v's and other expensive ones don't cut as easy. This is why i play pro v's and penta from Taylormade.

skegsagypsy
3rd June, 2012, 10:37 PM
Andy, whatever we think of him (I cant stand the k?ont lol) he is without doubt the worlds greatest golfer and golf needs him !

andy91
3rd June, 2012, 10:39 PM
Andy, whatever we think of him (I cant stand the ***** lol) he is without doubt the worlds greatest golfer and golf needs him !

Until he beats Nicklaus record he will be second best in my book.
Still a *****.

Andy.

skegsagypsy
3rd June, 2012, 10:41 PM
Regardless Andy, he is without doubt a fantastic golfer, who has elevated the sport to a level it may never have achieved, plus he loves an oul roide ;)

cgscott
3rd June, 2012, 10:44 PM
:eek: ~~~~in hell

Tiger Woods - Chip in on the 16th at The Memorial Tournament - 6/3/2012 - YouTube

andy91
3rd June, 2012, 10:48 PM
I would have done a cheeky chip and run lol

Andy,

skegsagypsy
3rd June, 2012, 10:48 PM
I would have fluffed it a foot in front of me lol

andy91
3rd June, 2012, 10:51 PM
Great shot,not many could have done it but was sitting nice and won him the tournament.

What odds hes favourite to win U.S.Open.

Andy.

Wolfpack
4th June, 2012, 03:48 AM
They did a survey on the top ten most hated people in America and Tiger was #8 on the list.

johnboy1974
4th June, 2012, 11:35 AM
Well I don't know of any single figure handicapper that doesn't play the pro v. a mid to high handicapper should always use distance ball.