PDA

View Full Version : free vpn servers??

nature
4th June, 2012, 02:48 PM
does anybody know free vpn clients/ servers?

TheCoder
5th June, 2012, 12:11 AM
ProXPN have a free service as do a few others but there's usually a catch. They are either speed limited (often to less than 250kbit/sec), bandwidth limited (less than 2Gig per month) or advert supported or all three (as ProXPN is)

Its probably best to spend a few ? per month and get a decent service. There's loads around in the $3-$8 per month range.

A nice alternative, if your not using too much bandwith, is to get yourself a virtual private server (VPS) and then run something like OpenVPN on it to make your own VPN server. You can aquire a server with 500Gb bandwidth thrown in for around $5-$10 per month - possibly enough for you to support several vpn users if the bandwidth requirements for each aren't too strenuous. An advantage to a VPS is you can also set it up to host as many web sites & email addresses as you want as well as various other servers (ie FTP - there's often 40Gb or so of spare disk space).

smokin
5th June, 2012, 06:49 PM
I'll agree withe TheCoder.......free comes at price, which can be slow or worse a drop out when you don't want it, just before finishing a download. Never mind if your identity is safe and secure.

Myself I use a paid vpn server, works great at about 18 cents per day....you can't go wrong.
PM me if you want to know who I use.. or more info....

pflame
8th June, 2012, 12:16 PM
give raptor vpn and tuvpn a shot.tuvpn changes password every week.