PDA

View Full Version : Crafter EDC16CP- ecu cloning

illestibor
4th June, 2012, 03:28 PM
Can help me somebody with some information for cloning an ecu for crafter 2007 EDC16CP- 2,5 liters 163 hp.
My question is, that can i use a same ecu but with another number.For example.This type of car has many other type of engine 136hp, 163 hp.But the ecu number of course not the same.Can i clone the software, the full bdm content(flash, eeprom, mcu) into another ecu?The hardware the same of the 136hp, and 163hp modell?Somebody made it something like this?
the old ecu was faild after an unsafe bdm wrinting(electrostatic pproblem) and the controller doesn't more comunicate...:(
here is some pictures about the ecu, and the full bdm content.
Any help is useful.
Thanks

mariooo
4th June, 2012, 03:51 PM
Can help me somebody with some information for cloning an ecu for crafter 2007 EDC16CP- 2,5 liters 163 hp.
My question is, that can i use a same ecu but with another number.For example.This type of car has many other type of engine 136hp, 163 hp.But the ecu number of course not the same.Can i clone the software, the full bdm content(flash, eeprom, mcu) into another ecu?The hardware the same of the 136hp, and 163hp modell?Somebody made it something like this?
the old ecu was faild after an unsafe bdm wrinting(electrostatic pproblem) and the controller doesn't more comunicate...:(
here is some pictures about the ecu, and the full bdm content.
Any help is useful.
Thanks

ECU is a replacement with the same number as the hardware and scodifica Flasch 2 eprom and the mountains on your vehicle ...

illestibor
4th June, 2012, 04:13 PM
but the problem that can't fint exactly that ecu number.Others saying me that no problem because the hardware is the same only the software is differrent.So with cloning resolve the problem.That's can be true?

mariooo
4th June, 2012, 04:15 PM
but the problem that can't fint exactly that ecu number.Others saying me that no problem because the hardware is the same only the software is differrent.So with cloning resolve the problem.That's can be true?
if you use the same hardware can do the cloning

I advise you to just pass immo code

pawliukazz
4th June, 2012, 09:49 PM
If the HP differs, then do full bdm cloning.

Immo off solution will only let you start the car, but the software will differ (not the end of the world, but not safe).

If the hardware is the same then you will have no problems. But FULL Bdm (Mpc + eprom + Flash);

I've done many EDC16 cloning to different ecu numbers with success. Renault, MB, BMW.

illestibor
4th June, 2012, 11:09 PM
thanks.....I would try tomorrow and post the result here.
good night for all...:)

illestibor
5th June, 2012, 04:09 PM
I did it.The full content was write in to an other ecu.The ecu was from a similar car cafter but with 136 HP.
I wrote the 163HP content into that used ecu(was 074 906 032 BH) with BDM.
That means that the hardware is the same.