PDA

View Full Version : Absinthe and UK customs

ITS A SCAM !
4th June, 2012, 05:35 PM
Been having a quick look around online to find the right answer, but not 100% certain. I am on holiday in Ibiza at the moment and i want to take home a bottle of Asbinthe. The question is " can i take a bottle through customs without getting into trouble" Hope you guys can help on this one, also excuse me if i dont reply straight away as i am away frrom my netbook...Thanks

ChelseaBun
4th June, 2012, 05:37 PM
a girl i know is not long back from Spain and she brought some back. never heard of any problems with absinthe, so should be fine.

Lainie
4th June, 2012, 05:50 PM
my other half brought 2 bottles of black absinthe back 3 yrs ago with no problem. lethal stuff though.

nibblitz
4th June, 2012, 06:48 PM
Its perfectly legal in the UK, so why shouldnt you be able to bring it in... Tastes like shite though...

nara
4th June, 2012, 07:11 PM
No problem with customs. Just don't drink it unless you want to kill off a load of brain cells.

Mjolinor
4th June, 2012, 07:53 PM
You will have to stick it in checked baggage.

janobi
4th June, 2012, 10:29 PM
Brought loads back a few times. It's not the real banned absinthe though. You can buy that in Amsterdam :)

Or google green fairy absinthe ;) had a shot myself last night love the stuff.

Rumour is that's what made van gogh chop his ear off.

ITS A SCAM !
5th June, 2012, 05:04 PM
Its perfectly legal in the UK, so why shouldnt you be able to bring it in... Tastes like shite though...

They have been drinking it with sugar over here ... they have a special spoon what they put a lumps of sugar on it, and then pour the absinthe over it ... You can get a set of 5 double shot bottles it 8 euros, this set contains all the different strengths. Or you can get a bottle of green fairy 80% ? for 23 Euros..

Beowulf125
5th June, 2012, 05:25 PM
depends...can you take it through?

ITS A SCAM !
5th June, 2012, 05:27 PM
Depends on what ?? taste or strength ?? have you tried it ? whats it like ?

nibblitz
8th June, 2012, 08:16 PM
It honestly tastes horrible, even diluted with water and with adding sugar, its an evil evil taste.. Its only purpose can be for the laugh of having tried it (to see if you hallucinate and/or chop your ear off) and seeing your mates grimmaces when they try it... Oh, and to get peesed real quick.. Last time I tried it with mates, I passed out on the floor for a few hours..

kelvinlee1986
9th June, 2012, 05:44 AM
why take this unnecessary risk?

nara
9th June, 2012, 09:23 AM
why take this unnecessary risk?

What risk? Drinking it?

jcgrumbles
9th June, 2012, 12:22 PM
I used it to strip the varnish off the bedroom doors,it worked a treat,and it runs my lawn mower quite well but i wouldnt drink it...

ITS A SCAM !
9th June, 2012, 05:14 PM
Well my bottle has arrived home safely with me, and its ready to be drunk .. lol Just need a nice summer party to go now... ;)