PDA

View Full Version : Blue cheese stroganoff

SIMPLY THE BEST
5th June, 2012, 01:33 AM
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the beef strips and fry until browned.

Add the onion and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes, until softened.

Add the hot chicken stock, bring to the boil and deglaze the pan by stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.

Add the white wine vinegar, cream and blue cheese. Boil to reduce the liquid volume by half, then season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

To serve, pour into a warm dish and garnish with the mint sprig.

ray156
5th June, 2012, 01:55 AM
thanks,for that.
but to fancy for me,might try it on kids though,
stovies-now what i would do for a plate of them,not seen them since was 13, 44 yrs ago.

garry1312
7th June, 2012, 04:06 AM
hmm might give this a try on Friday cooking a big chicken up tomorrow and will make a stock from whats left.

Cant stand blue cheese on its own but love it cooked in sauces and so on.

Ray you have made me consider starting a stovies thread lol. The reason why? Because loads of places do stovies differently so would be interesting to find out all the different ways etc...... same time i'll never take any other variation on board lol but every place is like that when it comes to there stovies. Heard of people making stovies with mince and thats just wrong it should be square (sliced) sausage :)

ray156
7th June, 2012, 08:43 AM
hmm might give this a try on Friday cooking a big chicken up tomorrow and will make a stock from whats left.

Cant stand blue cheese on its own but love it cooked in sauces and so on.

Ray you have made me consider starting a stovies thread lol. The reason why? Because loads of places do stovies differently so would be interesting to find out all the different ways etc...... same time i'll never take any other variation on board lol but every place is like that when it comes to there stovies. Heard of people making stovies with mince and thats just wrong it should be square (sliced) sausage :)

square sausage,ok,i was told to use corn beef,did not fancy that.i want old style.50s 60s,

out of thread:
just wondering if anyone remembers sap's from 50s

Solskjaer20
2nd July, 2012, 01:02 PM
This sounds well tasty!
I've not tried blue cheese in a sauce type thing before,but i do love a bit on a Jacobs,i think i'll have a crack at this on the weekend!
Cheers!

SIMPLY THE BEST
2nd July, 2012, 04:45 PM
Well worth it imho

lagerland
2nd July, 2012, 05:20 PM
I may give it a go sounds very nice but im going to use alot more rump than 2?oz maybe 2? lds.....................