PDA

View Full Version : what is a jailbreak?

tekk4life
6th June, 2012, 07:46 PM
hey people,

what is a jailbreak exactly and what does it do?

johnboy1974
6th June, 2012, 08:06 PM
A jailbreak lets you instal third party apps into your iphone or idevice. These apps have not been approved by apple and in many cases these apps let your iphone do things that apple dont want your idevice to do. Basically it frees your idevice. Some examples of jailbreak apps are installous which lets you put free app store games onto the device or winterboard which lets you run thousands of themes which will customise the way your homepages look and react.

tekk4life
6th June, 2012, 08:36 PM
A jailbreak lets you instal third party apps into your iphone or idevice. These apps have not been approved by apple and in many cases these apps let your iphone do things that apple dont want your idevice to do. Basically it frees your idevice. Some examples of jailbreak apps are installous which lets you put free app store games onto the device or winterboard which lets you run thousands of themes which will customise the way your homepages look and react.

so a jailbreak will f*ck my idivice? :s

maca
6th June, 2012, 08:37 PM
errr no why would it ??

johnboy1974
6th June, 2012, 08:52 PM
The jailbreak will not do your device any harm at all- it will make it better and open it up to more possibilities. Of course if you realise you dont like it nor want it then you only have to restore the device through itunes and its back to factory settings again. A jailbroken device looks and runs as a normal unjailbroken device with the exception that it has an extra icon on the homepage called cydia. It is through the opening of the cydia app that all futher enhancements are made and downloaded through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmobQVdnDHA

tekk4life
7th June, 2012, 04:42 PM
errr no why would it ??

people on school told me to dont jailbreak it cuzz it wil f*ck my ipods software :s

johnboy1974
7th June, 2012, 08:56 PM
people on school told me to dont jailbreak it cuzz it wil f*ck my ipods software :s

Utter rubbish- go ahead and try it. Ive been jailbreaking mine and all my families idevices for years now without problems.

v2kdj
12th June, 2012, 01:22 PM
Utter rubbish- go ahead and try it. Ive been jailbreaking mine and all my families idevices for years now without problems.

Seconded.........I wouldn't have any idevice without it being jailbroken. It's even easier now. You can still login to iTunes if you wish to download content but why? Cydia and installous will be ample to keep you happy.

(Broke me neck when I was a kid an never looked back since!!) :stupido2:

tekk4life
14th June, 2012, 04:59 PM
if i jailbreak my ipod, can i get cloud browse app on my ipod then? i really need this for the java support and i cant find this app in app store :s maybe cuzz im from belgium(europe)? :s