PDA

View Full Version : Speedo needles jumping

sbkracer1
6th June, 2012, 11:06 PM
Had to remove needles and now put back together and the needles are jumping ( not moving smoothly) they move very jerky now. How can I fix this, Please help . THANKS

almeida
6th June, 2012, 11:08 PM
I could explain to you how to repair all the needles from all the cars from the market.
But if you said wich car you have problem is much easyer.......:turtle:

sbkracer1
7th June, 2012, 12:49 AM
I completely forgot 07 honda pilot. THANKS FRIEND

digimile
7th June, 2012, 02:22 AM
hi
take the back cover of the motors and watch carefully a tiny small hole and put one thin pogo pin into it and put the needle axel from upwards and push the pogo pin from behind when full axel go into the hole the take the pogo pin out and put the needle on the axel and check in the car if it is not on position 0 then take the needle off and iginition on and put needle on 0 and u all done..I can explain this much after that it is work of professional....
thanks

sbkracer1
7th June, 2012, 03:14 AM
Thanks digimile , what is pogo pin? I did not understand that part. i will take apart right now and see if i can understand.

sbkracer1
7th June, 2012, 03:37 AM
No that does not work, took the back cover off and the motor is not visible and no tiny hole either. its sealed in a white case on the back side

digimile
7th June, 2012, 01:59 PM
hi
then its very easy open the plastic cover and see axel is out of its original positon
thanks

sbkracer1
7th June, 2012, 02:40 PM
no, it cannot be opened, it is sealed, the problem is the bouncy needles when on car. Does anyone else have solution to problem.

camarock
7th June, 2012, 10:15 PM
I always do like digimile says and works. . . . . .

TULGEYWOODMAN
7th June, 2012, 10:39 PM
no, it cannot be opened, it is sealed, the problem is the bouncy needles when on car. Does anyone else have solution to problem.

of course its sealed!
un-seal it with knife and soldering iron, unclip case, reposition gear wheel[s] and or pinion.refit case, re-seal case.

digimile
8th June, 2012, 01:15 PM
hi
change motor with other same motor cluster....simple is that desolder 4 points unlock motor it drop down chane with new one and solder back 4 points...
thanks

TULGEYWOODMAN
8th June, 2012, 06:23 PM
hi
change motor with other same motor cluster....simple is that desolder 4 points unlock motor it drop down chane with new one and solder back 4 points...
thanks

simple as that...IF...you have a spare motor!..if not, repair it.
[by the time you have gone to the breakers yard, you could have repaired it!]